Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Amen..... in total agreement with you and know with all my heart God agree's with this post !!!

As I have not shared in this forum that I spent 20+ years believing UR and God's mercy dramatically delivered me from that awful lie...... am sooooooooo thankful that He didn't leave me there in such a delusion of the mind and heart.

I've tried to warn a couple a few days ago..... but unless God is willing to deliver them instead of allowing them to stay there because of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, the ultimate they will be damned for all eternity. And believe me that is the truth !!!

I truly hope one doesn't have to go through what I did for God to get one's attention and see that God's written word means what is says, and says what it means !!

God Bless you, twin_spin !! There might be one out there like myself God is going to break through too...... only He knows !!!
Thanks LoveLadybugs,
Both of our goals is to call people to repentance. I would pray that we both keep on proclaiming the truth. The truth is that God does offer salvation. And we also must factually present the truth of the consequence of rejecting of such offer.

All we can do is present the truths. God bless your outreach to the lost.
Twin

Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Thanks LoveLadybugs,
Both of our goals is to call people to repentance. I would pray that we both keep on proclaiming the truth. The truth is that God does offer salvation. And we also must factually present the truth of the consequence of rejecting of such offer.
The call to repentance is fine. We all do that. But you blaspheme our loving Father (and make of Him a "Godfather" in the worst meaning of the term) by threatening them with ET if they do NOT repent. That is NOT an offer . . . it is extortion.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
When scripture says that God send a delusion to prevent people from aquiring the truth...my instinct isn't to ask "why God..that doesn't seem fair"

The correct response should be " Thank you God...that it doesn't include me"
How do you know it doesn't include you?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 PM

122 posts, read 191,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You piqued my curiosity when you say you believed in UR for 20 years... is this biblical UR "God will have all men to be saved and reconciled to Himself through Christ" kind of UR belief that you had?

question: what was it that changed your view on the whole thing?

another question: if God was willing to deliver you, but unwilling to deliver other people... does God want people to go into eternal suffering? Doesn't God want all men to be saved?
Someday I'll share.... but not now as I don't discern that God is wanting me to open up at this point and time, especially the way some people are behaving toward other's in this thread.
As it will not be received as God would have it too.

God Bless....

Last edited by LoveLadybugs!; 11-02-2010 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: deleted MysticPhD post !!!

Old 11-02-2010, 02:54 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Someday I'll share.... but not now as I don't discern that God is wanting me to open up at this point and time, especially the way some people are behaving toward other's in this thread.
As it will not be received as God would have it too.
No problem. I respect you might not want to share personal situations that caused a life change...

Quote:
Here is a great example of a true UR and the attitude of the heart.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
No one who sincerely believed UR could possibly have the kind of heart and emotions you display on this forum. There is no room for vengeance or belief in unending punishment for, ignorance, wrong beliefs or finite acts . . . as Justice . . . in a true UR'ers heart. The Holy Spirit is the TRUE NATURE of God and ET or Annihilationist beliefs are blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Such a "state of mind" corrupts any love you might claim to have for God or anyone else. I fear your experiences have hardened your heart and caused you to buy into such heinous and evil beliefs . . . God certainly had nothing to do with it.
While I realize MysticPhD's approach may be a bit harsh sometimes, I do understand the sentiment of what he is saying... I too wonder how one could go from believing that God will bring all to repentance and salvation through Christ, to thinking that God would be unwilling to deliver someone and thus leave them to suffer endless torments? Seems like a complete 180 - for the worse IMHO...

Don't you think God wants to save all people?

Quote:
God Bless....
You too...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM

122 posts, read 191,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No problem. I respect you might not want to share personal situations that caused a life change...

Don't you think God wants to save all people?
Thank you....

Yes, I do believe your last statement !!! Yet, it will be done God's way not the UR teachings way......

God Bless

Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Thank you....

Yes, I do believe your last statement !!! Yet, it will be done God's way not the UR teachings way......

God Bless
Unless of course the UR teachings way is Gods way, which in fact we believe that it is ...

In Christ all who die in Adam will be made alive, and by the obedience of One man Christ all will be made righteous ...

Most Christians simply cant accept this truth, and so they reject it. Either because they lack the faith/hope or the understanding or the love or some combination of all the above ...

Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,409,050 times
Universal Salvation is not real. Eternal damnation is not real. Second Death refers to the cessation of a soul which has chosen not to become one with God throughout its allotment of reincarnation cycles. At the point where it is faced with second death the soul still has free will to choose to climb up the path to salvation, the "christ conciousness" or to, well, disappear. But it is still a choice. From revelation 20:12-15, the phrase "and death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" refers to the conciousness of "hell" and "death", which are the sinful carnal mind/ego conciousness, as opposed to the christ conciousness. That is what receives the second death. Those living in this conciousness eventually go through the second death, which is the cessation of the existence of the soul.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Amen..... in total agreement with you and know with all my heart God agree's with this post !!!

As I have not shared in this forum that I spent 20+ years believing UR and God's mercy dramatically delivered me from that awful lie...... am sooooooooo thankful that He didn't leave me there in such a delusion of the mind and heart.

I've tried to warn a couple a few days ago..... but unless God is willing to deliver them instead of allowing them to stay there because of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, the ultimate they will be damned for all eternity. And believe me that is the truth !!!

I truly hope one doesn't have to go through what I did for God to get one's attention and see that God's written word means what is says, and says what it means !!

God Bless you, twin_spin !! There might be one out there like myself God is going to break through too...... only He knows !!!

So i am curious as to what originally convinced you to believe that UR was the gospel truth to begin with?

And then what convinced you again that the traditional Fundamentalist teaching of ET is true 20+ years later?

And do you mind if i ask you how old you are?

Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
God's will is that all men will come to repentance, agreed?

Now, consider the scriptures that tell us that His will alone will stand:

Sovereignty Scriptures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity