Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,720,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Someday I'll share.... but not now as I don't discern that God is wanting me to open up at this point and time, especially the way some people are behaving toward other's in this thread.
As it will not be received as God would have it too.

God Bless....
Ill take it this is the answer to my questions above.

The fact that you don't want to "share" only makes others skeptical of your whole story to begin with, but whatever floats your boat ...

Peace ...

Old 11-02-2010, 03:37 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,405,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If someone doesn't doesn't agree with the interpretation you have accepted then they are not calling anyone a liar.
So....soon doesn't mean soon, and at hand doesn't mean at hand, and about to come doesn't mean about to come either....interesting

Old 11-02-2010, 03:49 PM

122 posts, read 190,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So i am curious as to what originally convinced you to believe that UR was the gospel truth to begin with?

And then what convinced you again that the traditional Fundamentalist teaching of ET is true 20+ years later?

And do you mind if i ask you how old you are?
I was never a ET believer...... just one of those lost souls who loved my sin. Didn't even cared about God, Jesus, religion and most of all sure didn't even want to repent of the love of my sin.

My age well let's put it this way been retired for 7 yrs..... probably could be your grandmother.... lol !!!

And as far as your last post........

Quote:

The fact that you don't want to "share" only makes others skeptical of your whole story to begin with, but whatever floats your boat ...

Peace ...
Well, you and other's can be as skeptical all you want......
Isn't that the reason you left God's truth anyway...... the skepticism of the truth of God's written word.

By the way I am not here to float boats !!! But to obey the calling of my Lord Jesus as He leads me.....

God Bless

Old 11-02-2010, 04:04 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,916,156 times
Quote:

As I have not shared in this forum that I spent 20+ years believing UR and God's mercy dramatically delivered me from that awful lie...... am sooooooooo thankful that He didn't leave me there in such a delusion of the mind and heart.

I've tried to warn a couple a few days ago..... but unless God is willing to deliver them instead of allowing them to stay there because of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, the ultimate they will be damned for all eternity. And believe me that is the truth !!!

I truly hope one doesn't have to go through what I did for God to get one's attention and see that God's written word means what is says, and says what it means !!
Praise God! How wonderful is His grace! He is merciful!

Isaiah 1
[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
[19] If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
[20] But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I was never a ET believer...... just one of those lost souls who loved my sin. Didn't even cared about God, Jesus, religion and most of all sure didn't even want to repent of the love of my sin.

My age well let's put it this way been retired for 7 yrs..... probably could be your grandmother.... lol !!!

And as far as your last post........
You were never an ET believer?

So you went from -a lost soul who loved your sin and who didn't even care about God, or Jesus, or religion, who surely did not want to repent - to a Christian biblical Universalist in 20+ years, and then finally something convinced you that ET/annihilation/hell is true?

That is what i am curious to hear about ...

Quote:
Well, you and other's can be as skeptical all you want......
Isn't that the reason you left God's truth anyway...... the skepticism of the truth of God's written word.

By the way I am not here to float boats !!! But to obey the calling of my Lord Jesus as He leads me.....

God Bless
Paul taught that others should be skeptical of what was being taught, and to search and study for themselves to find the truth, like the Bereans of his time.

Blind acceptance of the traditions of men and the doctrines they teach is not what the scriptures teach us about coming to a knowledge of the truth.

And by the way, i think that Ideas are very much like boats, and we are all here to float the boats of our own ideas on the turbulent seas of the internet and into the ports of the minds of all those who read our words.

The point is to see which ones sink and which ones remain afloat.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:

The fact that you don't want to "share" only makes others skeptical of your whole story to begin with, but whatever floats your boat ... ...
It seems pretty obvious that you and the other ur's are begginh to hear the story so you can try to discredit it. As a matter of fact, you are already doing it.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,912,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
So....soon doesn't mean soon, and at hand doesn't mean at hand, and about to come doesn't mean about to come either....interesting

Well, that is your area of expertise, I mean many have been saying the end of time will come soon for 100's of years and you seem to agree with the sentiment of that, so, it really is not my nonsense to explain.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,912,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems pretty obvious that you and the other ur's are begginh to hear the story so you can try to discredit it. As a matter of fact, you are already doing it.

I couldn't care less what her story is, everyone has a story, who's to prove anything one way or another?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Its one thing to say "i was a Biblical Christian Universalist for 20+ years" and another being able to actually prove that you even understand the teachings of biblical UR.

And i am truly curious what evidence she thought proved that - "ET/Annihilation/literal hell" - was the truth of the gospel.

I will debate it if i find it to be erroneous, of course ... But that is the point.

Another person on here claimed to have been a Universalit and to have become an ET'er, but after diggin a little deeper it became clear that he had been a sort of unitarian and never a Biblical Christian Universalist to begin with. That person had no understanding of true biblical universalism and it was evident in how he approached the subject to begin with.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-02-2010 at 05:01 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Also, it is apparent to me that she is implying that Christian Universalists are unrepentant and have "left gods truth" for the love of sin, and so i question whether or not she was ever truly a biblical Christian Universalist to begin with, and is not just making the claim to discredit what she wrongly perceives biblical Christian Universalism to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity