U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 AM

4,273 posts, read 3,702,804 times

Advertisements

Another message passed on to you my friends.....

Excerpts:

It appears that dark clouds of judgment are about to roll across this earth. One can almost hear the thunder and see the approaching lightning of the coming storm. That storm is the Tribulation period, the seven remaining years promised to Israel. Jesus will remove His church prior to these events, and that could happen at any time. I would not dare attempt to define “any time”, since none of us know but God.
Moderator cut: re-formatted to adhere to copyright

Full article here: By Grant Phillips (http://www.raptureready.com/soap/phillips4.html - broken link)

My friends.....today I ask you: When is it a 'good day' to say yes? What are you waiting on? Don't know how? Well, there are so many here that's willing and waiting to pray with you, including myself, all you need is ask. What will it take to convince you, that we are.."as in the days of Noah, in the days of Lot....? They didn't get a second chance, they're gone, made an example for all to see! What will it take for you to see that we ARE here, once again? It's sad.

And, even sadder is, that some "Christians" are instead, making light of the events that are happening world-wide, right before their very eyes. Some, in words, and some in deeds; and in doing so, revealing themselves to be "those SCOFFERS" (2 Peter 3:3) about whom the Apostle Peter said would come in the "last days"!"… walking after their own lusts, "And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. "For this they WILLINGLY are ignorant …" (2 Peter 3:3-5)

Brother's and sister's, friends.. we are being called today to "DISCERN THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES"!! Times winding up my friends, the days are indeed shorter!! Did He not say He would shortened these days? Friends, the "shortening" has begun!! For what is coming, even at the horizon, is something that you have never seen, never has been, nor, will ever be again!! And, unless you take shelter, refuge under the wings of the ALMIGHTY GOD, you will not safe, HE said that!! The Provider of the shelter said that! Why do you not take heed? He loves you friends. He wants you safe and with Him always. Blessings in the name of Christ Jesus. May His peace and mercy be with you always.

Your sister, your friend, Betsey
Isaiah 49:6 Is it too light a thing that you should be My servant

Last edited by june 7th; 11-05-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM

4,832 posts, read 3,974,368 times
Betsey I know exactly how you feel. 25years ago I used to write up similar warnings of impending doom and pass them out to co-workers. I felt so inspired and trust me, I would write up a GREAT doom and gloom story. I even used much of the same language here. 25 years later I am no longer a Christian (praise whoever) and humans and the earth are still here. I was not the first, clearly I was not the last and many more will say and write up the same things 10, 80, 6,000 years from now.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:42 AM

9,502 posts, read 5,142,696 times
Betsey,
It was the same Peter of (2 Peter 3:3) who said that Pentecost according to the prophecy from Joel, God considered the time from then on as “ ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people..". (Acts 2:17)

People have been "scoffers" since Pentecost and will be so till "the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord." Acts 2:20. As far as God is concerned the stage is set since Pentecost.

Some of the scoffing is probably justifiable since Millennialism has more than one coming of the Lord and Acts 2:20 is one but several verses making that has it in the singular, "the great and glorious day" . Don't mis-understand ... the rapture will take place. But it's not a seperate event from the worlds end as Millennialists have been trying to predict.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,010,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Excerpts:

It appears that dark clouds of judgment are about to roll across this earth. One can almost hear the thunder and see the approaching lightning of the coming storm. That storm is the Tribulation period, the seven remaining years promised to Israel. Jesus will remove His church prior to these events, and that could happen at any time. I would not dare attempt to define “any time”, since none of us know but God.

However, Jesus said in Luke 21:28 “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.” The events He was referring to occur during the Tribulation period, but it seems even now, for those who are paying attention, that something is about to happen. Something this world has never experienced is rising up, like a hibernating bear, waking up from a long winter.

The stage is being set for the final act. Sitting in the audience, we can hear the sounds of preparation behind the curtains. Are they about to open?

Full article here: By Grant Phillips (http://www.raptureready.com/soap/phillips4.html - broken link)

My friends.....today I ask you: When is it a 'good day' to say yes? What are you waiting on? Don't know how? Well, there are so many here that's willing and waiting to pray with you, including myself, all you need is ask. What will it take to convince you, that we are.."as in the days of Noah, in the days of Lot....? They didn't get a second chance, they're gone, made an example for all to see! What will it take for you to see that we ARE here, once again? It's sad.

And, even sadder is, that some "Christians" are instead, making light of the events that are happening world-wide, right before their very eyes. Some, in words, and some in deeds; and in doing so, revealing themselves to be "those SCOFFERS" (2 Peter 3:3) about whom the Apostle Peter said would come in the "last days"!"… walking after their own lusts, "And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. "For this they WILLINGLY are ignorant …" (2 Peter 3:3-5)

Brother's and sister's, friends.. we are being called today to "DISCERN THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES"!! Times winding up my friends, the days are indeed shorter!! Did He not say He would shortened these days? Friends, the "shortening" has begun!! For what is coming, even at the horizon, is something that you have never seen, never has been, nor, will ever be again!! And, unless you take shelter, refuge under the wings of the ALMIGHTY GOD, you will not safe, HE said that!! The Provider of the shelter said that! Why do you not take heed? He loves you friends. He wants you safe and with Him always. Blessings in the name of Christ Jesus. May His peace and mercy be with you always.

Welcome back sweet friend......I missed you here, and I hope you're feeling better. I love you.

Moderator cut: orphaned responses to deleted posts

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-05-2010 at 12:47 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 12:59 PM

12,399 posts, read 15,045,437 times
Message from the mod

Ok everyone..8 out of 14 posts deleted as off topic. This is what happens with one insult or attack.

Please try to stay at least boarderline on topic

And be nice to each other just because it is Friday

Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,498,526 times
Quote:
It appears that dark clouds of judgment are about to roll across this earth.
Things happen everyday in life.

Quote:
One can almost hear the thunder and see the approaching lightning of the coming storm.
If the light that this kind of doctrine rests in is true, it is more likely that the ones talking about it will get swept up in the storm, just as the pharasees did.

Quote:

I would not dare attempt to define “any time”, since none of us know but God.
That simply means the writer has no clue of what he is talking about.

Quote:
However,
The qualifying however which means he believes when, he just won't say, just in case he is wrong he will not be exposed for a Crac.... uh I mean he will not be found to be wrong in the eyes of his followers.

Quote:
The stage is being set for the final act.
If that is true, then what a wonderful thing it is for everyone. Preach the good news of Jesus. Oh wait, this is talking about bad news, never mind.

Quote:

And, even sadder is, that some "Christians" are instead, making light of the events that are happening world-wide, right before their very eyes.
Depends actually, just like the tragedy in haiti, people care, people got off their duffs and did something if they could, donated, sacrificed finances. The scoffers are actually those who use things like this as a pedastal for their fear mongering doctrines rather than making any real impact on the earth. They have their reward now.

Quote:
Brother's and sister's, friends.. we are being called today to "DISCERN THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES"!!
I would say the radar is broken, in fact history is showing us that things are getting better and that more and more people are awakening to being better today than they were yesterday.

Quote:
Times winding up my friends, the days are indeed shorter!!
Quote:

He loves you friends. He wants you safe and with Him always. Blessings in the name of Christ Jesus. May His peace and mercy be with you always.

God will not lose one soul, that's just how God rolls.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:32 PM

6,521 posts, read 4,427,740 times
Quote:

Excerpts:

However, Jesus said in Luke 21:28 “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.” The events He was referring to occur during the Tribulation period, but it seems even now, for those who are paying attention, that something is about to happen. Something this world has never experienced is rising up, like a hibernating bear, waking up from a long winter.

The stage is being set for the final act. Sitting in the audience, we can hear the sounds of preparation behind the curtains. Are they about to open?

Other than gay people being able to visit their dying partners in the hospital, I have not had anyone tell me what is more evil today as compared to 20,40, 80, 500 or even 1,000 years ago? Jesus said the greatest commandment is Love, how is today less loving compared to the past?

Old 11-05-2010, 02:49 PM

4,832 posts, read 3,974,368 times
Betsey like I said, I understand how you feel. You feel like a modern day Noah warning all these evil heathens who are paying no attention to your god. You probably also feel called, like Jonah, to preach doom to this evil world. You probably feel discouraged by all the negativity you receive as your warning s are rejected, debunked, ignored, laughed at and so on. Well, you have to realize, as convinced as you are about the sky falling, others feel just as convinced that your predictions are as old as human existence itself. Yes, the world has its bad and you can find evil with ease because of all the access we have today. More evil or is just that we have computers, cameras, phones, TVs, satellites to inform us more, quicker and 24 hours a day.

Don't lose faith my dear. Some day you might come to the realization like I did and unload some serious stress and live your life without all this fear.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 PM

488 posts, read 419,297 times
To those who always say it's just wolf-crying ,

even if someone is disappointed because wolf has been cried so many times, is it the right attitude to bury your head in the sand and say ah it's just fear-mongering? what if it's not a false warning? can you say for sure it is? is it the right attitude to criticise all warnings ? If you criticise all warnings including the false and real ones, that means you will never take warning. and one day if you don't take the real warning, (saying it's wolf-crying over and over again) what will youdo?
We are commanded to warn the people, that's what Ezekiel 3 and 33 say.
So for your sake, don't take these warnings lightly. We are now living in the end of the probationary period but it will come to an end vey very soon!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:19 PM

6,521 posts, read 4,427,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
We are now living in the end of the probationary period but it will come to an end vey very soon!
I will try with you, what are you basing you predictions on, what is so much worse today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity