Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,407,556 times

Advertisements

Why is it so bad?

Because God said so.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 5,999,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Other than it being listed in the Bible and the "preventing population growth" excuse, why is it so bad?

I think in today's society, as a whole, Christians/branched overlook and excuse many things listed in the Old Testament (like shellfish and divorce), but when it comes to homosexuality, they are very adamant on it.

Thoughts and reasons?
Homosexuality is not a sin because God does not look at the outside of the person, He looks to the inside, the soul. If the soul is male yet the body is female, that person is still a child of God's and the "costume" he or she wears is only for this moment in their lives. When they pass onto the spirit world, their soul will still be intact while the material body will be long gone. We should be looking on the inside of each person and not the outside.

Most people only look to the outside and forget about the soul of each individual. God didn't create the marriage ceremony, man did. God is Love so any relationship, whether it hetero, homo, or living together, is never a sin as long as it is based on Love. Even heterosexual marriages could be labeled a sin to God if love is not present.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,418,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Homosexuality is not a sin because God does not look at the outside of the person, He looks to the inside, the soul.
Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

It's a sin

Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,265,937 times
Why is Homosexuality a Sin?

It's not a "sin". This is a topic where religion is the guise for homophobic thinking (ie, being gay is WRONG because the God I believe in says so). Keep in mind that this is a God that supposedly created everything (gays too).

Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,058,293 times
sigh--sexual immorality is a sin be it hetero or homo sexual---God did not create people that are homosexual at birth---man/woman created that for themselves--btw--i have worked closely with young children over 35+ yrs and have yet to EVER see a child born gay(ot)

god created man to be with woman to procreate and did not to my knowledge give men uteri to carry those children-----before i see posts of homophobia ---bilically speaking sexual intimacy between those of the same sex is a sin in the bible as is sex outside of marriage in a heterosexual union

Old 11-08-2010, 02:53 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,970,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
sigh--sexual immorality is a sin be it hetero or homo sexual---God did not create people that are homosexual at birth---man/woman created that for themselves--btw--i have worked closely with young children over 35+ yrs and have yet to EVER see a child born gay(ot)

god created man to be with woman to procreate and did not to my knowledge give men uteri to carry those children-----before i see posts of homophobia ---bilically speaking sexual intimacy between those of the same sex is a sin in the bible as is sex outside of marriage in a heterosexual union
Um...they don't come out of the womb in pastel colors or a hat turned backwards you know. You won't see a sociopath born either.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:38 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,789,935 times
Christians claim homosexuality is a sin because its one of their favorite rules in the 2,000 year old book written by sheep herders.Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-08-2010 at 04:45 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,112,147 times
I love how some "Christians" choose to ignore some passages of the Bible but fervently cling to
"homosexuality is a abomination" no matter what.Moderator cut: off topicThe Bible condoned slavery, the mistreatment of women and people of other religions. Why do some cling to this archaic thinking? I will never understand religion. How can something be so uplifting for some and be so diminishing for others?

Faith should be used to look inside yourself. It should not be used to judge others in any way!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-08-2010 at 04:48 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,970,676 times
Imagine if Christians observed biblical COMMANDS such as these? I wonder why they don't take the word of god seriously as serious as they obsess over the topic of homosexuality? Not trying to suggest any bright ideas though

“If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. -Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Old 11-08-2010, 08:57 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,805,723 times
It is not a sin to the carnal minded. It is not a sin to the non beleiver. It is not a sin to the Godless. But those who love God see sin for what it is, abomination, all sin is abomination and the abominations of the world revel in their sins and curse God by their by their abominible practices. Go ahead enjoy your sins while they last and enjoy te penalties of your sins and stop judging the righteous who seek to serve God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity