Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
hows it goin brian,

yeah i beleive that our connection is an eternal one,and although we are lost in nescience and trapped in temporary existence,our connection will once again be relinked,then we are not only linked to our true nature,but the nature of God and all that exists.....transcendental ecstatic love(bliss).

the word religion,means to'' link up with''it has the same meaning as the word yoga,''to combine/merge''with the Supreme.
interesting.. I have always thought of the original meaning as in being "tied to" and therefore limiting. But what you posted is actually quite fascinating.
You've got me thinking!....

Blessings,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
im saying this because heres how i think of it.
Jesus is being slaughtered on a cross,now He turns to His Father and in a great show of MERCY,COMMPASSION,TOLERANCE,PATIENCE,UNDERSTANDING ,NOBILITY,CARE and PURE LOVE for everyone,He says''forgive them lord for they dont know what they are doing''............now alot of people here believe Jesus believed in ET and preached that God was goin to torture everyone who dosent beleive,,,,,,,,,,,now in my opinion if that were the case then i think Jesus would have said somethin more like''Lord what are they doing to me,you might as well throw these straight to hell right now,not only dont they believe but they are killing me''
!
Well Jesus said to Peter about this he said ``Get behind me satan``. because Peter could only see the logic of this world and saving Jesus life... In Matthew 6:14 Jesus said ``for if we forgive men their trespasses your heavenly Father will also forgive you... but if you forgive not men their trespasses neither will your Father forgive your trespasses......``... See Jesus said forgive them for the don`t know what they are doing because it the heart of the Lord and in Jesus never forgived them Jesus would have missed the honor of the cross and sinned like Adam and have to start all over again........

Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
interesting.. I have always thought of the original meaning as in being "tied to" and therefore limiting. But what you posted is actually quite fascinating.
You've got me thinking!....

Blessings,
Brian
its said that in our original state we are full of bliss and knowledge,our original spirits are the same in quality as God's spirit but not in quantity,like the fire and the spark that emanates from the fire,they are the same in quality but not quantity/or the ocean and a drop of water from the ocean..............God is the whole while we are the parts/He is Love and so are we.

matter is temporary and spirit is eternal,on this plane of existence matter and spirit co-exist,but in the spiritual universe everything is made of pure spiritual energy,we are only trying to re-link something that has been linked for eternity.when we get back home to the Godhead all our billons of lifetimes on the temporary material platform will seem like a flash in time,like waking from a sleep,you wake up kind-of remembering some dreams,then you get on with life(at which this stage you will have reached the highest perfection and the ecstatic love is eternally getting better),and you start to forget the dream and start living one hell of an adventure.

whatever one gets up to in the spiritual world(universe),will be to the sentiments of the individual and their relationship with God,but what is really goin on is whats goin down on the inside,we will be feling exactly what God feels just on a smaller scale,and His Love is forever expanding,,,He is Love and so are we and He is the resevore of all transendental pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity