Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times

Advertisements

What can i say, the flesh loves and cherishes those little magical religious relics and idols.

One could go on for hours explaining the pagan symbolism behind so many of the little intricacies of Christianity, but most Christians will just pretend that has no significance, because they are steeped in their love of ritual and tradition with all their little religious implements, even if one of their favorites is an implement of torture and death. They believe God is going to torture and or kill most of creation for ever any way, so the crucifix really fits their paradigm any way.

Gotta have that plastic Jesus on the dashboard ... Having the real Jesus indwelling is simply not enough.

Selah ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
What can i say, the flesh loves and cherishes those little magical religious relics and idols.

One could go on for hours explaining the pagan symbolism behind so many of the little intricacies of Christianity, but most Christians will just pretend that has no significance, because they are steeped in their love of ritual and tradition with all their little religious implements, even if one of their favorites is an implement of torture and death. They believe God is going to torture and or kill most of creation for ever any way, so the crucifix really fits their paradigm any way.

Gotta have that plastic Jesus on the dashboard ... Having the real Jesus indwelling is simply not enough.

Selah ...
Love your neighbor Ironmaw. Love even the ones who like the cross. There is no need to mock them for displaying the cross. They do it because they love the Lord.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Love your neighbor Ironmaw. Love even the ones who like the cross. There is no need to mock them for displaying the cross. They do it because they love the Lord.

Gotta mirror that right back to you.
Love your neighbor, Finn.
Even those who have faith in and teach that God loves and is reconciling ALL of mankind. (They do it because they love the Lord.)

Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Gotta mirror that right back to you.
Love your neighbor, Finn.
Even those who have faith in and teach that God loves and is reconciling ALL of mankind. (They do it because they love the Lord.)
I do love everyone, but since I sincerely believe UR is a false teaching I feel it is my Christian duty to correct it before someone believes it and is lost.

PS The mods already warned against turing this into a ET/UR discussion, so please refrain from further attempts to turn it into one.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:22 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
I do love everyone, but since I sincerely believe UR is a false teaching I feel it is my Christian duty to correct it before someone believes it and is lost.

PS The mods already warned against turing this into a ET/UR discussion, so please refrain from further attempts to turn it into one.

Once again...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 AM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
True.

They love the Lord while disobeying His commandments.

Good point there

Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 AM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:

Then I am more confused. You do not wish a topic brought up, so you bring it up, to say that you no longer wish to see it brought up like you are doing?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Then I am more confused. You do not wish a topic brought up, so you bring it up, to say that you no longer wish to see it brought up like you are doing?
Read again to see who brough it up

Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Read again to see who brough it up
I think all sparrow was saying to you was, even love those who believe in UR.

Your reply back basically to her was, look UR is a false teaching i'm here to expose it.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
What I find so sad in this discussion is those that idolize images of torture and execution do not have the ability to step back and question their use a barbaric symbol, not to mention the symbolic cannibalism they practice, in their ritualistic practices.

But religion programs followers to not question, as that might create reason, which is the enemy of belief in the non-existent.

Looks like the most barbaric blood thirsty religions are those that use such symbols, as I don't know of any religions except christianity that use similar symbols of death and torture or ritualistic cannibalism, at least not mainstream ones. Just because it's only bread and wine does not lessen the barbaric symbolism.

Granted it's only a story in a book, but does any other god even come close to killing as many as the christian god? Satan the supposedly really bad guy isn't even in the running. But more importantly how many have been killed in his name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity