Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM

910 posts, read 1,337,528 times

Advertisements

It cannot be known exactly, as stated by Jesus himself, so this is at best an estimate.

I start off, by considering the book of John from chapter 14 till chapter 16. Jesus promised to ask the Father to send another Comforter. Now many Christians assume that the Comforter came on the day of Pentecost but that is wrong. What the disciples felt was the power or anointing of the Holy Ghost.

But Christ was actually referring to the coming of God the Father in person. To fully understand the scope of events, we need to appreciate that Christ coming to die was a ritual by God to reconcile man to himself. Having done that reconciliation, we have passed on to another chapter in human history - the reign of the Holy Spirit who is God the Father. Please refer to the parable of the wicked Husbandmen - the servants came and were killed, the Son came and suffered the same fate, so at the end what happens? The Father himself has to come with the son and all the angels. That is why it was stated that the kingdoms of this world have now become the kingdom of Jehovah God and his Christ.

And so in the Revelation, we see first of a setting up of God's kingdom on earth with his servants serving him and followed closely with the ascension of the First begotten to rule on the throne of his Father (rev 4, rev 5 and rev 6). This throne of God set up on earth was seen by Daniel 7: 9, and in Dan 2: 44 by Nebuchadnezzar. Now lets start setting the rough dates.

The first clue is the influenza that wiped away many lives in 1918, followed by the assemblage of the Jewish nation in 1948. Both events were spiritually ordained. The first heralded the birth of the Holy Spirit physically into the world. A generation later, the Jewish nation was established. The bible had promised that God will re-establish the Jewry by his presence on earth. Read isaiah 11:1-4.

For the restoration of the Jewish state, the Lord will do it by himself in that day which means in that same incarnation. read Isaiah 11: 11 -12.

To calculate the incarnation, there are two ways. Take one generation (30years) or we have to look back for a significant event that happened in the world, with the most impact. Jesus and Moses birth also led to massive pogrom and that intersects nicely with 1918 (30 years from 1948).

But if we go back to John 14: 1, Christ says he will come back to receive us after preparing a place for us. God the Father cannot come alone, Christ has to come as well and I would place the birth of the Christ not earlier than 1948 but perhaps not later than 1960. That means that the Christ of God cannot be less than 50 years and not older than 62 years at this time. Please note that the scripture says he will come with a new name to do a new assignment, so do not expect him to bear the name Jesus. Because he comes like a thief, only his followers will know him. The 'world' cannot know him.

If we read the Revelation from chapter 1, we see clearly that this was given to John by Christ when he was rather in his old age (Rev 1:14). I will estimate this to be from 70 years to about 80 years. Meaning that, the Last days may be from 2018 or from 2040. perhaps nearer 2018 than towards 2040.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 02:45 AM

783 posts, read 814,688 times
Jesus was supposed to return in the lifetime of his first disciples but he did not.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Jesus was supposed to return in the lifetime of his first disciples but he did not.
Any direct reference supporting this? From my view, I think it comes from misinterpretation of Mathew 24.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Any direct reference supporting this? From my view, I think it comes from misinterpretation of Mathew 24.
Misinterpretation??? Have you read the New Testament and do you have a cursive knowledge of the world it was written in to even remotely understand why some of the things were written?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Misinterpretation??? Have you read the New Testament and do you have a cursive knowledge of the world it was written in to even remotely understand why some of the things were written?
insane,

Please post the passage, so we reason together

Old 11-09-2010, 02:42 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
Quote:
insane,

Please post the passage, so we reason together
Mt 24:34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Mk 13:30 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Lk 21:32 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.

There is no mistaking whom Jesus was referring to (the people he was actually speaking to/their generation) no matter what biblical gymnastics one tries to apply to make it say otherwise.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:41 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
This was received from one of our mediums concerning the second coming. Take what you want from it or leave it. The original message was received by this person from Jesus and he has since returned to channel this one after his deathh to another medium that was taken in 2006. (I hope that made sense. )

The “Second Coming”, as fulfilled by the messages I received from Jesus, marked the beginning of the “Second Coming” and the on-going revelation of truth from the Celestial Heavens. In other words, you are living in the period of the “Second Coming”, as it began with Jesus’ revelations through me and continues with contemporary messages of truth. The core teachings of the Master were embodied and fulfilled in the messages I received from him, however in no way limits the continued revelations of truth that flow between Celestial Spirit and mortal. Many of the “Truths” will not be surpassed by what Jesus revealed to me as they formed his core teachings, however many revelations of truth will continue to flow as the greater fulfillment of the “Second Coming”.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Quote:
It cannot be known exactly, as stated by Jesus himself, so this is at best an estimate.
I start off, by considering the book of John from chapter 14 till chapter 16. Jesus promised to ask the Father to send another Comforter. Now many Christians assume that the Comforter came on the day of Pentecost but that is wrong. What the disciples felt was the power or anointing of the Holy Ghost.
But Christ was actually referring to the coming of God the Father in person. To fully understand the scope of events, we need to appreciate that Christ coming to die was a ritual by God to reconcile man to himself. Having done that reconciliation, we have passed on to another chapter in human history - the reign of the Holy Spirit who is God the Father. Please refer to the parable of the wicked Husbandmen - the servants came and were killed, the Son came and suffered the same fate, so at the end what happens? The Father himself has to come with the son and all the angels. That is why it was stated that the kingdoms of this world have now become the kingdom of Jehovah God and his Christ
And so in the Revelation, we see first of a setting up of God's kingdom on earth with his servants serving him and followed closely with the ascension of the First begotten to rule on the throne of his Father (rev 4, rev 5 and rev 6). This throne of God set up on earth was seen by Daniel 7: 9, and in Dan 2: 44 by Nebuchadnezzar. Now lets start setting the rough dates.
The first clue is the influenza that wiped away many lives in 1918, followed by the assemblage of the Jewish nation in 1948. Both events were spiritually ordained. The first heralded the birth of the Holy Spirit physically into the world. A generation later, the Jewish nation was established. The bible had promised that God will re-establish the Jewry by his presence on earth. Read isaiah 11:1-4.
For the restoration of the Jewish state, the Lord will do it by himself in that day which means in that same incarnation. read Isaiah 11: 11 -12.
To calculate the incarnation, there are two ways. Take one generation (30years) or we have to look back for a significant event that happened in the world, with the most impact. Jesus and Moses birth also led to massive pogrom and that intersects nicely with 1918 (30 years from 1948).
But if we go back to John 14: 1, Christ says he will come back to receive us after preparing a place for us. God the Father cannot come alone, Christ has to come as well and I would place the birth of the Christ not earlier than 1948 but perhaps not later than 1960. That means that the Christ of God cannot be less than 50 years and not older than 62 years at this time. Please note that the scripture says he will come with a new name to do a new assignment, so do not expect him to bear the name Jesus. Because he comes like a thief, only his followers will know him. The 'world' cannot know him.
If we read the Revelation from chapter 1, we see clearly that this was given to John by Christ when he was rather in his old age (Rev 1:14). I will estimate this to be from 70 years to about 80 years. Meaning that, the Last days may be from 2018 or from 2040. perhaps nearer 2018 than towards 2040.
I read this and nothing here made any sense Who told you these ideas?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I read this and nothing here made any sense Who told you these ideas?
I hear you loud and clear but please which areas do not make sense? I recollect that the earlier time he walked the earth telling people about the coming kingdom it made no sense to the wise men of those days. Today history is repeating itself in the world.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Mt 24:34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Mk 13:30 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Lk 21:32 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.

There is no mistaking whom Jesus was referring to (the people he was actually speaking to/their generation) no matter what biblical gymnastics one tries to apply to make it say otherwise.
Christy thanks for taking the gauntlet. A physical generation is 30yrs but a spiritual generation is @ 1000 yrs. Our lord Jesus Christ has assumed his rulership in the world since 2001. Many Christians do not understand that the Christ of God must be here before the judgement. If he is not on earth now it means the scriptures are wrong.God forbid. He promised to come and receive his chosen ones unto himself. So indeed the generation referred to was not the 30 years after his death because he did not come then. You tell me any of the signs he listed that had not been fulfilled? Remember his disciples asked him about the signs of his coming and he told them. He also briefly mentioned what will happen on the last day. Read also Luke 17 v 22 - 27.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity