Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Brian,

You are fortunate to have lived in a few countries. You can 'see' what the goings on are like between various Christians, and governments. How they act. How they behave.Etc.

You are seeing the Spiritual significance, of the earthly side of our existence. Most people have no clue, nor do they desire to know. You seem to, and for that, I applaud you, in Christ's Name.

What is meant by this statement made by Jesus?

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Free? Really take the time to 'see' what Jesus IS saying here. Is He talking about the 'after-life'? Is He talking about our 'fleshly life'? IF YOU and ME continue in HIS WORD, we are truly HIS. Disciples, which leads to what? Which leads to what? Which ends up where? Freedom from what exactly?

We, as Christians, are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

His people are destoyed for LACK of KNOWLEDGE. I am not talking about what Law or that Law. I am talking about the knowledge itself. We look to various outlets for knowledge, including the Bible, but the knowledge of Him can ONLY come FROM HIM. To set us free.

I am sickened when I hear Christian-American. There is no such thing in heaven. God is not going to split us up based upon our tribal languages, or countries. We are either His, and are free, from ALL things of this fleshly desires includig sin and bondage to other countries including our own, or we are not. If we are not, then we are not FREE!! What is in a name?

If I were you, Brian, seek the answer to that question. WHAT IS IN A NAME!! The followers of old were baptized INTO His Name. What did this mean? Why were they excommunicated out of the temple? Why were they slaughtered in Rome and other countries? WHY, WHY, WHY?? Because they held to ONLY 1 NAME, and that Name is the Name above ALL names.

He gives you a name which NO MAN knows.

To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.

Again, I ask you, WHAT IS IN A NAME? Why is it important to give names, or be baptized in names, or be even BE named? Seek this, and you shall discover it. Then you shall know the power of the 'name', and why man seek to name you including your parents, and the freedom Jesus is talking about in giving you a new name.

Blessings to you Brian on your journey. Here is a short video to check out if you are truly interested. I do not hold to ALL it says, but the Truth is there also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b6dznIrfw
Hi HotinAZ,
Thanks for the vid. I watched most of it, and I don't doubt the power of government to "control" its inhabitants. Both politics and religion do this, aisi..
I think that when all mankind comes to know the Lord in their hearts, then governments will either be unnecessary, or if they exist, they will govern in love, and the inhabitants will love rather than rebel, etc.

I'd like to hear more of your view on the importance of a name.
I've read in the past that "in the name of Jesus" in Hebrew means "in the nature of Jesus." When speaking a name, it is the nature of that name which is referred to.

Care to add?

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:26 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi HotinAZ,
Thanks for the vid. I watched most of it, and I don't doubt the power of government to "control" its inhabitants. Both politics and religion do this, aisi..
The video was to show how names are used in the modern age. But, it actually has been this way since the begininng. The difference is, back then it was all about the 'family' names. IE, the 12 tribes, or rather, the 12 names of Israel(Jacob). Family names were of the most importance back then, and this is something totally LOST today. For example, why the middle names? It is because the first and middle name were your personal identifyier. Your last name was the family name. Example: My name is John Quincy, of the Does. How many use this today? Hardly none at all.

Quote:
I think that when all mankind comes to know the Lord in their hearts, then governments will either be unnecessary, or if they exist, they will govern in love, and the inhabitants will love rather than rebel, etc.
I reserve this comment for a later time, at this point.

Quote:
I'd like to hear more of your view on the importance of a name.
I've read in the past that "in the name of Jesus" in Hebrew means "in the nature of Jesus." When speaking a name, it is the nature of that name which is referred to. Care to add?
See, that removes the importance OF the name. By saying the 'nature' it removes the authority. Jesus said:

"You will be hated by all BECAUSE of MY NAME, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved."

Why? Why would anyone HATE someone who is OF the Name of Jesus? This is the journey which we are to unlock. The names are so important, that the use of such names can be used to totally decieve believers, like the devil does in Revelation as in the number of his name, speaking of the beast.

IN Jesus' Name we have Life. Amen! But what exactly does this mean? Even the most famous of UR verses:

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the NAME which is above EVERY NAME, so that at the NAME of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

What most people do NOT see, is that this is FOR those who are OF the NAME of Jesus. Those who are OF the name of Jesus, are His Body, His Church, His Kingdom. I have even done research of the usage of the Greek name of Iēsous, to the English versionJesus, to the Hebrew Name of Yĕhowshuwa`. Most biblical scholars agree the Yeshua or it's variant spellings are the proper name of the Jesus. "Jehovah is Salvation" is what it means. When I pray, I use this Name. I really don't know if it makes any difference, but it is where I was led to.

Grafted into His Body, means we carry on in His Name. So, really, how should we say who we are? I think Christian is the word which has been exhaustfully used, but really, is it the best? Should we not seek the name which HE GIVES?

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a NEW NAME written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the NAME of my God, and the NAME of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] MY NEW NAME.

First, middle, and last name. See it? There is so much more, but I have been doing this solo for some time now. I know deep within my heart, the importance of His Name. Not just in saying, but also in Life. Even this life. He came in the Father's Name. We are to go out in His Name. He gives us NEW names. How many are there yet?

Quote:
Blessings,
brian
Blessings to you as well,,

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity