Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 10:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

It would be tidings of comfort and joy. I may not hit the high notes,but it would be from a heart that knows the reality of the good news
What is the song on your heart ?

ps i used to love a song by a band called Lamb, called "Who will you blame" , i love the tune and wish i could change it up a little. The first lines are "Listen friend to what i have to tell, you have choice between heaven or hell,only the messiah can change your fete, accept him now before it's to late".I can hear the roar of approval from the ET camp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
I went to a Christian High School in the early 80's and I was in a punk band, so we would take bible tracks we would find at church and make them into songs.

One was:

Life is short
Death is sure
Sin's the cause
Christ's the cure

I am sure the rest of it was not theologically sound. But one guy who was in a semi popular band at the time (ended up even bigger) came up to me afterwards and said that our gig was the closest he had ever been to church, it was cool, who know what seeds were planted.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:15 PM

Thanks for sharing that hilgi , i was heavily into the UK punk rock scene of the mid late 70's,and to hear that you was involved in an 80's punk christian band is wonderful in my eyes.
Bye the way hilgi what song would you sing to us ?.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thanks for sharing that hilgi , i was heavily into the UK punk rock scene of the mid late 70's,and to hear that you was involved in an 80's punk christian band is wonderful in my eyes.
Bye the way hilgi what song would you sing to us ?.
There were a lot of Christian New Wave and Punk bands in the early 80's.

One band that was popular, broke up and I ened up geting to play with some of the members for a time. Recetly I found out the guitar player is a Christian, plus I heard one of the old Black Flag singers is a Christian.

My song is an oldie but a goodie, Amazing Grace.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
There were a lot of Christian New Wave and Punk bands in the early 80's.

One band that was popular, broke up and I ened up geting to play with some of the members for a time. Recetly I found out the guitar player is a Christian, plus I heard one of the old Black Flag singers is a Christian.

My song is an oldie but a goodie, Amazing Grace.
Amazing grace is right up there in my book.One of my buddies who is an amazing funk bass player,created a bass line for amazing grace that sounded like a full band playing,i'd never heard anything like it.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Amazing grace is right up there in my book.One of my buddies who is an amazing funk bass player,created a bass line for amazing grace that sounded like a full band playing,i'd never heard anything like it.
When I played in a church band a few years ago I would always funk up Amazing Grace.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
When I played in a church band a few years ago I would always funk up Amazing Grace.
There's nothing better in my opinion than playing funk, you can change up many a song and make it your own with a little creativity.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
If I could sing to you now, the song on my heart would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4uI...eature=related

My daddy use to sing this to me as a little girl. He's now 76 years old and still sings for the Lord. God bless his heart, he still sings to me. I wouldn't change a thing. Love you daddy!!

Old 11-21-2010, 07:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1-e9zuGV0&NR=1

Old 11-22-2010, 08:32 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
It would be tidings of comfort and joy. I may not hit the high notes,but it would be from a heart that knows the reality of the good news
You can sing in front of a video camera, and then post the clip here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity