Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM

76,896 posts, read 47,211,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't tell people that they are not saved if they do not see things the way I do. But many Christians do.

Explore new ideas, yes. Tell people that they aren't saved, no.
I know for a fact I (or anyone else) did not tell anyone that he/she is not saved, so I don't know why you'd bring it up.

When I say "without faith no one can enter", it is not me telling someone they are not saved, it is what the Bible says about the matter. The Bible is crystal clear: a person needs to have faith and be born again, or he/she will not enter: John 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit." Same message is repeated some 200 times in the Bible.

You can not earn salvation by works, and without faith it is impossible to please God. So, I will answer the OP question one more time: the atheist cannot please God.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,335,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know for a fact I (or anyone else) did not tell anyone that he/she is not saved, so I don't know why you'd bring it up.

When I say "without faith no one can enter", it is not me telling someone they are not saved, it is what the Bible says about the matter. The Bible is crystal clear: a person needs to have faith and be born again, or he/she will not enter: John 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit." Same message is repeated some 200 times in the Bible.

You can not earn salvation by works, and without faith it is impossible to please God. So, I will answer the OP question one more time: the atheist cannot please God.
In your last sentence, you condemn the atheist.

Blessings,
Brian

Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
In your last sentence, you condemn the atheist.
Not condeming, I am simply telling you what the Bible says about the matter.

I remember when someone asked what the Bible says about gays, and when he was told what the Bible says, everyone accused him of hating and condeming gays. He merely answered the question. You are doing the same now.

Let me add something though, and I mentioned it earlier. There IS something an athrist can do to please God, and that is to accept Him as their Lord and Saviour. When that happens God is pleased, and the angels cry with joy.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
No, your message is, "here's what I think the Bible says about people like you, and what do you know! You're wrong, I'm right!!"

Telling someone that they ought to be democrat or repubblican or whatever, is one thing. But telling people that God doesn't approve of them is quite another, and much more serious. It's basically telling people that they are failures. And that's mean.

"But I'm just telling them what's in the Bible!" you reply. No. You are telling them what you think the Bible says about them; and doing so, you reveal more about you than you do about God.

Peace,
Brian
It would be more mean to lie to them about what the Bible clearly says, but if you want to start rating me personally, and telling me what "my message" is, then you are on your own. Play with someone else. I am not going to get into a bicker match.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

PS Every atheist I know, know what the Bible says about believers and those who reject God, but they simply don't care because they don't believe in God.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,808,414 times
Quote:
Which one is well-pleasing unto God?

- an atheist who actively works to bring peace and Love among his fellow beings;

- or a Christian who talks about the Bible all day and nothing else.

Blessings to all!
Brian
Are you serious, the Christian pleases God and the atheist is out of luck.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,023,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Brian, you loaded the question. We all know that only a Christian (Believer in Christ) can please God --- Works-based legalism only attempt to indebt God!

However, you have now introduced a "Christian" ... who ONLY talks about the Bible all day... and nothing else!" -- The problem with this proposition, is that the latter is not really an active "follower" of Jesus Christ, and is likely only a professing Christian, not a true, 'Born Again' Believer. They would be those of whom Jesus said, "you honor me with your lips, but your heart is far from me."

Professing, 'non-Christians' are often only 'Atheists or Agnostics ... in disguise.' They are no more pleasing to God than the hard-working Atheist, who is 'already' lost and condemned (Jn 3:18).

The Good News is that God is still open to even the now-hardened Atheist - (In fact, all believers were once non-believers). God will be pleased with and save ALL who come to Him by/through faith in Jesus Christ. BUT, the 'window of opportunity' is only open during this lifetime.

I am a Jew and I believe in G-d. I am not an atheist or agnostic in disguise.... What an arrogant thing and Judgmental thing to say.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 11-23-2010 at 06:58 AM..

Old 11-23-2010, 09:25 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,218,697 times
Good morning, everyone.

Following the "mod cut" which served as a reminder to remain ON TOPIC, there were 26 posts. Fifteen of them were deleted as being "off topic."

~That results in THREAD CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity