Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Did He mean math, and we misunderstood?
Not in "just June world!"

Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Someone please tell June that she misread this sentence.
Regrettably . . . they are out there and no one should know that better than our "Just June." What we humans will allow the "doctrines and precepts of men" to wreak upon our lives and relationships is nothing short of unconscionable.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:05 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
I cannot disput the scriptures ,but jesus did not say having sex with your wife is a sin , that would be a countrodiction to God's design. It is the devotion the opposit sex demands in a realtionship.
I have studied Jesus teaching all my life , and it is the competitive nature of relationships that is the problem . Remember when Jesus wa in a house teaching, but it was so crowded that no one else could get in and the message came to him that his mother and brothers and sisters were wanting his attention, out side , do you remember His response ?
It would be unrealistic to believe that a man becomming an believer that is already married is unredeemable because he is married. God requires us to be faithful to the bonds of comitment, especially marriage , it is why no adulterer is heaven bound .
Sin is the absence of obedience to God on a personal level .It is why Jesus provided us the Holy Spirit to teach in His place so that we could walk in that obedience on a daily basis.
I know many very powerful ministries that are married couples doing an anointed work and seek to please God in all they do .
The difficulty arrises when only one of the couple is fully devoted to Serving God, and the other is not , and keeping peace is very hard . This has almost nothing to do with sex, but control over the spouse. I said almost , becsuse sometimes sex is the tool of manipulation women have drawn their husbands away from ministry.
Paul was assuming a lot in his teaching , things Jesus / the Holy spirit did not authorise.
1 Corinthians 8; 1Timothy 4; Revelation2;14, -20,
To call sex with one's wife a sin, would call God the cause of it, all having provided it for man to populate the earth.
If you read genisis and God's determination in the realtionship, a woman is to have with man, she is not to be head of the man, nor his equal, but looking to him for leadership. God's design.
Further more , Mary was visited of the Holy Spirit and she became pregnant.No matter how you slice it, sex takes the furtelizing of an egg . even if it is done from the inside and supernaturally.
Mary endured pregnency and giving birth ,just like all women have . Joseph obviously married her and they had other children as well. Mary was not married to God nor did she have the devotion to God through out her life people fantasize.
Not untill Jesus crusifiction , but if you notice other women were noted whom did fallow Jesus.
Noterity has it's pitfalls, ,Mary tried giving Jesus orders at a wedding and it almost became a problem. Women do not like giving up their control of a man.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,310 times
If sex is a sin for married couples...why did your God give us a P and a V? He could've made humans like fishes where reproduction occurs when gametes meet outside the body.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
It is often said that man is the abode of God, but his abode, like a house needs to be clean for the visitor to come in. Sin like dirt keeps the house unclean and unworthy of the Holy Spirit. The Holy spirit is Holy, it means that our daily activities like anger, taking medications, and most of all sex all cause uncleanness in our bodies making us unworthy of the Holy Spirit.

I want to focus on the most controversial which is Sex. Most of us think that marriage is a license to unlimited sex and that indeed sex in marriage is not a sin. I Am sorry to disappoint you but sex in marriage is a sin because it defiles the abode of the Holy Spirit.

From the word of Christ it is clear that the people worthy for the kingdom of God are the Virgins or the 144,000. It means that celibacy and holiness count a lot with God.

Luke 20

It means that the rest of us are saved not by our righteousness but by his mercy and grace. His exact requirement is chastity, otherwise we are the children of the world. But I guess even the children of the world are graduated on a God scale of righteousness.

Let me dwell on Paul's teaching, which advocated marriage as a last resort and as a better alternative to wanton sex.

1 Cor

1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: [It is] good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

It is clear that Paul struggled with this topic because he understood the setting under which he thought. His general conclusion is instructive.

29 But this I say, brethren, the time [is] short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31 And they that use this world, as not abusing [it]: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

In other words keep your Sanctity and celibacy even in marriage as the time is short.

Finally he advises in 1Cor 7:5

Defraud ye not one the other, except [it be] with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

In giving this advise, Paul understood that fasting and prayer times are periods couples come close to God and invite the Holy Spirit in their lives, by removing the sin of sex in their lives. It is only when you practice fasting and prayer after sex, that God can hear your prayer either as a couple or individuals.

Lastly Hebrews 12:

14 Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Holiness is an important part of relationship with our spouse and with continued sex and lack of fasting and repentance , how can we see the grace of God.

So, God totally messed up, when He invented sex? I don't think so!
There is NOTHING sinful about sex within a marriage....you have totally mis-interpreted scripture. In fact, depriving your spouse of sex is a sin in and of itself. Are you sinning against your spouse? (in a sexless self-righteousness)

Bud

Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Origen has returned with his bloody pair of snips. Oh rejoice, for you will not sink into the lake of fire on his holy clipper.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Sex is totally sinful in marriage. So is laughter, talking, having fun... Marriage should be completely boring and loveless. Fortunately, I have no problem with this kind of sinning so my marriage is awesome!!! But I'm already hellbound - so having a great marriage is fine with me!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I know, right?

How did we get here then? God said, "Go forth, and multiply!"

Did He mean math, and we misunderstood?

Clever little elmer!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Yet another reason I'm so glad I don't buy into the myth.

Why do so many believe that misery is the price of this mythology.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:35 PM

910 posts, read 1,337,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I cannot disput the scriptures ,but jesus did not say having sex with your wife is a sin , that would be a countrodiction to God's design. It is the devotion the opposit sex demands in a realtionship.
I have studied Jesus teaching all my life , and it is the competitive nature of relationships that is the problem . Remember when Jesus wa in a house teaching, but it was so crowded that no one else could get in and the message came to him that his mother and brothers and sisters were wanting his attention, out side , do you remember His response ?
It would be unrealistic to believe that a man becomming an believer that is already married is unredeemable because he is married. God requires us to be faithful to the bonds of comitment, especially marriage , it is why no adulterer is heaven bound .
Sin is the absence of obedience to God on a personal level .It is why Jesus provided us the Holy Spirit to teach in His place so that we could walk in that obedience on a daily basis.
I know many very powerful ministries that are married couples doing an anointed work and seek to please God in all they do .
The difficulty arrises when only one of the couple is fully devoted to Serving God, and the other is not , and keeping peace is very hard . This has almost nothing to do with sex, but control over the spouse. I said almost , becsuse sometimes sex is the tool of manipulation women have drawn their husbands away from ministry.
Paul was assuming a lot in his teaching , things Jesus / the Holy spirit did not authorise.
1 Corinthians 8; 1Timothy 4; Revelation2;14, -20,
To call sex with one's wife a sin, would call God the cause of it, all having provided it for man to populate the earth.
If you read genisis and God's determination in the realtionship, a woman is to have with man, she is not to be head of the man, nor his equal, but looking to him for leadership. God's design.
Further more , Mary was visited of the Holy Spirit and she became pregnant.No matter how you slice it, sex takes the furtelizing of an egg . even if it is done from the inside and supernaturally.
Mary endured pregnency and giving birth ,just like all women have . Joseph obviously married her and they had other children as well. Mary was not married to God nor did she have the devotion to God through out her life people fantasize.
Not untill Jesus crusifiction , but if you notice other women were noted whom did fallow Jesus.
Noterity has it's pitfalls, ,Mary tried giving Jesus orders at a wedding and it almost became a problem. Women do not like giving up their control of a man.
It appears the replies have focused on sex being a sin and ... not on scripture. As we move on from milk teachings I expect these type of reactions, but lets roll our sleeves and re-examine scripture.

Guys, this is the doctrine of God, I did not invent it, neither did Paul, for those who criticize Paul. This is the true teaching of Jesus. He said those who are worthy to inherit the world to come neither marry or are given in marriage - in other words only celibates or virgins are worthy. We see this again in the Rev, with the 144,000 virgins being the only ones qualified to follow him or to sing songs on his throne. Elsewhere, it is written that the righteous shall inherit the earth, the pure in heart shall see God.

I believe we can all on our own confirm if sex is a sin or not. After making love to your spouse, have you ever tried to pray? Try to pray and listen to your spirit. Now try another experiment. Carry out a fast after sex, and ask God for forgiveness. After the fast, pray to God and your spirit will convict you on the difference. It is not theoretical; it is something we can all try to get a conviction.

Now the post is not saying you should not make love to your lawful partner (I do enjoy a good sex life myself), but the point is that to clean up the abode of the spirit, you need to fast and pray for forgiveness which is open for all couples.

Another poster mentioned Adam and Eve injunction to multiply. God is like a two edged sword. Yes, he told them to multiply, yes he 'caused' them to sin, but that is the nature of God. God causes the pain, he brings the cure. Before you get too giddy with this let's look up some examples:

Who asked Adam & Eve to Multiply? -God
who warned them about the 'forbidden' fruit? -God
Who inspired the devil to cause them to fornicate? God
The same God came to the garden and asked them innocently, 'what have you done?'
Who provided the appropriate sacrifice for sin 4000yrs later?-God

Who promised Abraham and his descendants riches and slavery for @ 400 years ? God
Who made Joseph a governor in Egypt ? -God
Who caused Jacob to come to Egypt? God
Jacob did not know that he was sowing the foundation for the promised slavery of Abraham descendants by taking refuge in Egypt.

Who asked Moses to lead his people from Egypt ? - God
Who hardened Pharaoh’s heart? –God

God does everything.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity