U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 PM

851 posts, read 433,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You are just contradicting yourself all over the place! So now you're saying you "WILLFULLY" sin by having sex with your wife, then you fast and pray for forgiveness afterwards??? This is beyond ridiculous.
Marriage institution is approved from God. Yet God who performed the first wedding ceremony drove our first parents out of paradise for fornication. Think! Its not always what we assume that is right before God.

In Marriage, 'willful sin' is allowed, that was why Christ came to show us the way back to our Father.

In marriage, sex is not a sin unto death!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM

15,524 posts, read 7,431,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Marriage institution is approved from God. Yet God who performed the first wedding ceremony drove our first parents out of paradise for fornication. Think! Its not always what we assume that is right before God.

In Marriage, 'willful sin' is allowed, that was why Christ came to show us the way back to our Father.

In marriage, sex is not a sin unto death!
I'm sorry - but I don't see how you could possibly have a good sex life if this is how you feel about sex. I think this is a discussion that you need to have with your partner.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You should probably never have sex again. I, on the other hand, don't find sex sinful. I will keep having lots of sex with my husband and not feeling the least bit guilty. It makes us happier and brings us closer to each other. But if you find it sinful and find that it keeps you from God - you should probably give it up altogether.
How do you feel praying after sex? Perhaps ytou need to try out the experiment I highlighted in post below

Quote:
I believe we can all on our own confirm if sex is a sin or not. After making love to your spouse, have you ever tried to pray? Try to pray and listen to your spirit. Now try another experiment. Carry out a fast after sex, and ask God for forgiveness. After the fast, pray to God and your spirit will convict you on the difference. It is not theoretical; it is something we can all try to get a conviction.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm sorry - but I don't see how you could possibly have a good sex life if this is how you feel about sex. I think this is a discussion that you need to have with your partner.
Your sexual relationship with your partner is not a requirement to everlasting life. You are meant to live as brother and sister in the service of God. If sex is the chief attraction, what happens when your performance falls? Or what happens if one person is unable to do it anymore for one reason or the other? I have already given you the teaching from God. I decided to publicize this teaching because I recently counseled a pastor having problems with his ministry and this was one of the major issues. May God guide you as you grow in his words.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 PM

1,897 posts, read 947,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
If sex is not sinful, then it is ok to make love while seeking the face of God?
Does saying, "Oh God," count?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 PM

21,946 posts, read 9,754,015 times
Upon due consideration of the absolute absurdity in the posts . . . I have come to the realization that Marlbron is a troll . . . and a bad one at that. Male or female this loony has slipped the tracks . . . is 6 beers short of a sixpack . . . and probably 14 years old emotionally . . . whatever chronological age applies. Responding is simply feeding the troll. There is no there there . . . no intellect worth engaging and no reason to appeal to. What a pathetic waste of time.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,748,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Upon due consideration of the absolute absurdity in the posts . . . I have come to the realization that Marlbron is a troll . . . and a bad one at that. Male or female this loony has slipped the tracks . . . is 6 beers short of a sixpack . . . and probably 14 years old emotionally . . . whatever chronological age applies. Responding is simply feeding the troll. There is no there there . . . no intellect worth engaging and no reason to appeal to. What a pathetic waste of time.
At least I earned a salary today - it wasn't a total waste.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 PM

8,830 posts, read 5,858,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have to agree with this, trolling seems to be the only explanation for such nonsense.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM

15,524 posts, read 7,431,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I have to agree with this, trolling seems to be the only explanation for such nonsense.
Agreed as well.

This thread is just ridiculous.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 PM

17,959 posts, read 13,079,279 times
I hope he doesn't open the OT and read Song of Solomon.

Like how you twist scriptures to fit your agenda and propagate untruth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity