U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2010, 02:32 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,904,183 times

Advertisements

Just something to think on.

If God is in control of all things, then it will all work out for the best.

Peace out...
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 02:56 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,272,254 times
It always does!

Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM

607 posts, read 360,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Peace out...
Amen lego! Everything is going to plan. Life on earth is like listening to an orchestra warming up before a symphony, sounds chaotic but once the curtain goes up.....

Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,904,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Moderator cut: Orphaned response/reference

We are working with a base assumption in this forum that God exists.

Given this base assumption, I believe it is reasonable to believe He is in control of everything. I believe scripture confirms this. I don't believe God's own creation got out of His own control, somehow stumped Him, or that God made a mistake in His creation.

Given all this, that God is in control and God is good - I believe it will all work out for the best.

Moderator cut: deleted .

Last edited by june 7th; 11-23-2010 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-23-2010, 05:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 9,282,745 times
I have no doubt he's in control of my life, and i'm exactly where he wants me to be right now. We can read a verse of scripture like

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

and think that he's following us around, but i believe he orders our steps.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,849,880 times
Quote:

Peace out...

If God is in control and it all will work out for the best; then praying and having faith in God to change the outcome of a situation is a total wast of time.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 9,282,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
If God is in control and it all will work out for the best; then praying and having faith in God to change the outcome of a situation is a total wast of time.
dorado i don't want to sound like i'm knocking you,but how would it make a difference to you, if it shown to you by the scriptures, why prayer is effective and not a waste of time when we pray in accordance with his will ?

It would be just like you trying to prove to me there is no God, it would make no difference what you said, because i'm not open to that notion, i know whom i have believed in,just like you are not open to the notion there is a God.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,814,676 times
Quote:

Peace out...
YES!!! Romans 8:28 says so

Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 PM

5,620 posts, read 2,859,934 times
Quote:

Peace out...
Yeah, this is one of those things is the most reassuring. Just think if it was all up to man? - Praise God that is not the case.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:22 PM

5,620 posts, read 2,859,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
So we shall assume God exists.
And we assume he is in control.
God allows infants and children to get tortured, sodomized and sexually abused.
So we should assume god is a pervert for watching it happen and doing nothing to stop it.
So this is what we learn.

What do you learn from the torture of children?

Donít take it personal, Iím talking about a God.
Aeroman, God does indeed allow all those things. This simple fact they HAPPEN, proves it. God is NOT a pervert. All these things, as horrid as they may seem, are actually part of His overall plan. And believe it or not, as horrible as all these things may seem, they are accomplishing something more Good then we can all completely comprehend at this time. What I learn from the fact that children get tortured is that God created man and man of his OWN will is EVIL.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So what about man? Man is carnal before he is spiritual:

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So who is responsible for making us subject to vanity?:

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

GOD is the one that made us to be subject to vanity.

All of us already have a predetermined outcome. Whether our fate in this world shall be (as horrid as it may be) is all predestined for ALL of us, whether a baby having never itself practiced sin or the most righteous of us all (Jesus the Christ).

This isn't the kind of lesson your going to learn in mainstream Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity