Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:42 AM

6,370 posts, read 6,989,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find" it.

You saying what Jesus did NOT say. He never said that few would ever find the narrow road that leads to life. He said it in the PRESENT Tense, not the FUTURE Tense as your promoting it.

Mat 7:14 οτι G3754 CONJ στενη G4728 A-NSF η G3588 T-NSF πυλη G4439 N-NSF και G2532 CONJ τεθλιμμενη G2346 V-RPP-NSF η G3588 T-NSF οδος G3598 N-NSF η G3588 T-NSF απαγουσα G520 V-PAP-NSF εις G1519 PREP την G3588 T-ASF ζωην G2222 N-ASF και G2532 CONJ ολιγοι G3641 A-NPM εισιν G1510 V-PAI-3P οι G3588 T-NPM ευρισκοντες G2147 V-PAP-NPM αυτην G846 P-ASF

Its V-PAP which is a Verb - Present Active Participle. No future tense there.

Also, God's Children will be innumerable - not few.

Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

I'm not debating that a majority is right or wrong. I'm debating that what your presenting as an argument is incorrect in light of scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 10:53 AM

8,088 posts, read 6,841,143 times
Some of the reactions to your thread are kind of weird. It's a list of names of people throughout the years who are believers in universal reconcilation. There have been a lot of people on this forum posting things such as "I've never even heard of universal reconcilation..." or "This is some kind of new cult!! eek!"

Ironmaw, thanks for posting. There are not many people in my personal world who share my beliefs. It's always nice to "connect with" others who do. Also, I'm sure there are quite a few names on that list that some folks will be surprised... "wow! I never knew such and such was an evil heretic!"

peace bro,
sparrow

Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,715,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Some of the reactions to your thread are kind of weird. It's a list of names of people throughout the years who are believers in universal reconcilation. There have been a lot of people on this forum posting things such as "I've never even heard of universal reconcilation..." or "This is some kind of new cult!! eek!"

Ironmaw, thanks for posting. There are not many people in my personal world who share my beliefs. It's always nice to "connect with" others who do. Also, I'm sure there are quite a few names on that list that some folks will be surprised... "wow! I never knew such and such was an evil heretic!"

peace bro,
sparrow
Yeah, that was the point of the list, the wow factor. Its not about how many, but about who ...

The list is sorely lacking when it comes to being exhaustive, there are many i can think of off the top of my head that are not even on the list though they should be. But like i said its not about how many, but about who ... The personalities themselves are what is important.

There is no doubt that if you composed a list of all those who believed in ET and or CI that they would be very long indeed, but we all already knew that.

This list isn't about impressing the "Tormentors" and "Annihilators", its for the purpose of letting the "reconciliators" know that they have never been alone, and that great minds throughout the last 2000 years have held to this belief that was originally the prevailing doctrine of the Christian church in the first 5 centuries.

Charlie Brown was one of my favorite Characters when i was growing up, and still is ... I always got a sense of love and respect and goodness from the cartoon. Of course when i was a child i had no idea what Universal reconciliation was, but now looking back it makes so much sense that the creator of Charlie Brown was among the few who held fast to the true original Gospel and believed in the complete victory of Christ.

Peace ...

Old 11-27-2010, 12:57 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,856,555 times
Ok...that's it...I'm persuaded! I don't care what the Bible says, from now on I'm gonna flow with the crowd...what the people think and vote for has gotta be right!

Bud

PS: And I loved Charlie Brown. Aaaagggghhhhh!

Old 11-27-2010, 12:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,422,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You saying what Jesus did NOT say. He never said that few would ever find the narrow road that leads to life. He said it in the PRESENT Tense, not the FUTURE Tense as your promoting it.

Mat 7:14 οτι G3754 CONJ στενη G4728 A-NSF η G3588 T-NSF πυλη G4439 N-NSF και G2532 CONJ τεθλιμμενη G2346 V-RPP-NSF η G3588 T-NSF οδος G3598 N-NSF η G3588 T-NSF απαγουσα G520 V-PAP-NSF εις G1519 PREP την G3588 T-ASF ζωην G2222 N-ASF και G2532 CONJ ολιγοι G3641 A-NPM εισιν G1510 V-PAI-3P οι G3588 T-NPM ευρισκοντες G2147 V-PAP-NPM αυτην G846 P-ASF

Its V-PAP which is a Verb - Present Active Participle. No future tense there.

Also, God's Children will be innumerable - not few.

Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

I'm not debating that a majority is right or wrong. I'm debating that what your presenting as an argument is incorrect in light of scripture.

Could it be that because Jesus puts eternal life and being condemned in the present tense.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

FYI: ........ Hos 1:10 context isn't about what your promotional excises wants it to be.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:01 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,108,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Ok...that's it...I'm persuaded! I don't care what the Bible says, from now on I'm gonna flow with the crowd...what the people think and vote for has gotta be right!

Bud
The doctrine of restoration is not embraced by the majority - yet another reason to believe.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:05 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,856,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The doctrine of restoration is not embraced by the majority - yet another reason to believe.
No, but the OP implied that it was...

Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,422,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah, that was the point of the list, the wow factor. Its not about how many, but about who ...

The list is sorely lacking when it comes to being exhaustive, there are many i can think of off the top of my head that are not even on the list though they should be. But like i said its not about how many, but about who ... The personalities themselves are what is important.

There is no doubt that if you composed a list of all those who believed in ET and or CI that they would be very long indeed, but we all already knew that.

This list isn't about impressing the "Tormentors" and "Annihilators", its for the purpose of letting the "reconciliators" know that they have never been alone, and that great minds throughout the last 2000 years have held to this belief that was originally the prevailing doctrine of the Christian church in the first 5 centuries.

Charlie Brown was one of my favorite Characters when i was growing up, and still is ... I always got a sense of love and respect and goodness from the cartoon. Of course when i was a child i had no idea what Universal reconciliation was, but now looking back it makes so much sense that the creator of Charlie Brown was among the few who held fast to the true original Gospel and believed in the complete victory of Christ.

Peace ...
I don't see why anyone in the UR camp should feel alone anyway, if one would due diligance on any serious research. There is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9

Universal reconciliation has a common father .... "did God really say ?"

Old 11-27-2010, 01:29 PM

8,088 posts, read 6,841,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
No, but the OP implied that it was...
How so?

Old 11-27-2010, 01:42 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,059,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I don't see why anyone in the UR camp should feel alone anyway, if one would due diligance on any serious research. There is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9

Universal reconciliation has a common father .... "did God really say ?"
And the god of eternal torment has a common father in that it is limited in all that the God of the scriptures is bountiful in,LoveGrace,Forgiveness,Mercy,Longsuffering, and Compassion just to mention a few.It's also subject to the power of man's will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity