Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And yet Romans 11:32 says God is going to be merciful to those He blinded who Jesus never knew. Oops, there goes your theology . . . right down the flusher. LOL
Ker-plunk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 06:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, and it goes on to say the people Jesus did not know were thrown out. Jesus divides people in two groups, those who entered through the narrow gate into the Kingdom Of God, and those who did not enter, and were left outside. Kingdom of God is here today and when a person is saved, he enters the Kingdom, and the Kingdom into him/her. However when a person dies unsaved, the door is closed, and it will not be opened again. Intead the master will simply say that he does not know you.
And Jesus says
Matthew 7:23
"Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Old 11-28-2010, 06:52 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
And yet Romans 11:32 says God is going to be merciful to those He blinded who Jesus never knew.
God shows His mercy by offering salvation and eternal life to sinners. With his plan of partial hardening of Jews, salvation will not be offered to Jews only, but also to Gentiles. In the end He will have offered if to "all' - Jews and Gentiles. But of course that does not mean every indvidual will accept the free gift.

Quote:
Oops, there goes your theology . . . right down the flusher' LOL
That is childish, and I am surprised your friends made a shows of approval. It is remarks like this that make me by-pass your posts most the time.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:20 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;16811233]God shows His mercy by offering salvation and eternal life to sinners. With his plan of partial hardening of Jews, salvation will not be offered to Jews only, but also to Gentiles. In the end He will have offered if to "all' - Jews and Gentiles. But of course that does not mean every indvidual will accept the free gift.

Finn, that God said He will be merciful to those who were stubborn in Paul's day shows that He will save them. It doesn't mean he offerse salvation.

Quote:
That is childish, and I am surprised your friends made a shows of approval. It is remarks like this that make me by-pass your posts most the time.
Finn, I'd rather make childish remarks that I hear a flushing sound concerning yoru theology rather than dishonor God by your theology showing Him to be a liar . . . that He really won't be merciful. You and Verna read from the same play book . . . doctrines of demons.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Finn, I'd rather make childish remarks that I hear a flushing sound concerning yoru theology rather than dishonor God by your theology showing Him to be a liar . . . that He really won't be merciful. You and Verna read from the same play book . . . doctrines of demons.
Actually, if ur was true, then God would be a liar. God is merciful, and he shows it by opening the doors of eternal life to everyone who believes.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
God says:

"God will have all mankind to be saved . . . for Christ ransomed all."

Finn says: God is a liar if the above is true.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:20 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Actually, if ur was true, then God would be a liar. God is merciful, and he shows it by opening the doors of eternal life to everyone who believes.
How so? If ET were true THAT would make God a liar:

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
How so? If ET were true THAT would make God a liar:

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
He desires all men be saved. It is his will, and he made the offer to everyone, and everyone who accepts the gift will be saved.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:43 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
He desires all men be saved. It is his will, and he made the offer to everyone, and everyone who accepts the gift will be saved.
NO, it does not say He "desires" all men to be saved.....it says He WILL HAVE ALL men to be saved and learn the truth. Why can't you see it? If it's His will like you say, then doesn't God always get what He wants? Yes, He surely does.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
NO, it does not say He "desires" all men to be saved.....it says He WILL HAVE ALL men to be saved and learn the truth. Why can't you see it? If it's His will like you say, then doesn't God always get what He wants? Yes, He surely does.
I don't see it, because it means 'desire', or "it is His will". If it meant that God will force people into salvation, then it would say so, but it doesn't say that. Jesus told Israel "how many times have I tried to gather you under my wings, but you were unwilling to come", and in Jeromiah, God told them "I spoke to you again, and again, but you would not listen".

In both cases Jesus/God called to Israel and He desired the Jews to come to him, but they refused. God draws us by calling us, but people reject the calling and go against God's desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity