Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM

175 posts, read 174,752 times

Advertisements

Quote from Finn_Jarber:

Quote:
It is NOT about salvation, it is about judgment.
Carry that thought through, what does the scripture say will happen when the judgements are complete??

Hint:
Isa 26:9 -
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 01:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And Paul also explains it is about Judgment.
Judgement is a good thing, because it teaches us about righteousness.

What did God say? Just as in Adam all were made sinners, so in Christ all will be made righteous (read all of Romans 5).

Guess what happens when we learn righteousness? We are made righteous.
Guess what Christ does? He makes us righteous.

Are you seeing it yet?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
Carry that thought through, what does the scripture say will happen when the judgements are complete??

Hint:
Isa 26:9 -
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
As always, the people are divided in two groups?l 'people of the world', and 'wicked'. After the judgment, the wicked won't be in the world to learn anything, but the believers will learn true righteousness. What does the Bible say about post judgment days? Well, it says the wicked are thrown in the lake of fire and the believers will live eternally with God.

Isa 26:9-11 My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness. Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the LORD. O LORD, your hand is lifted high, but they do not see it.Let them see your zeal for your people and be put to shame; let the fire reserved for your enemies consume them.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Isa 26:9-11 My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness. Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the LORD. O LORD, your hand is lifted high, but they do not see it. Let them see your zeal for your people and be put to shame; let the fire reserved for your enemies consume them.

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the "day" shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire ... If any man's work (exerting effort directed to produce or accomplish something for themselves) shall
be burned
[katakaio; to burn down to the ground, to consume wholly, burn up, utterly – from the intensity of true light and love], he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.
(1 Corinthians 3:13-15, also see Revelation 20:13-15)

Now, what are these enemies of the Spirit, that dwell within the souls of men?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the "day" shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire ... If any man's work (exerting effort directed to produce or accomplish something for themselves) shall
be burned [katakaio; to burn down to the ground, to consume wholly, burn up, utterly – from the intensity of true light and love], he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.
(1 Corinthians 3:13-15, also see Revelation 20:13-15)

Now, what are these enemies of the Spirit, that dwell within the souls of men?
Corinthians are talking about the rewards of believers. Their works will be tested to determine their rewards. This is a great thing, but completely different from the eternal lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity