Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,236,142 times

Advertisements

One of my clients, married, age 36, moved into her new home back in 2008. I did her loan and during the process got to know her and her husband. Lovely people.

I just spoke to her about a month and a half ago. All was good. She was going to have a baby by year end.

I come back to work today, go on line to the paper and the obits pop up. All of a sudden, I see her name. (Unusual name). I called a couple of people and yes, she passed away on Thanksgiving Day during childbirth. She was 35 weeks along. Bleeding during the birth.

The baby is healthy, a little girl, but she (the mom) passed away! I'm so sad for her family, her parents, her husband...

Why do these sad things happen? (She was a professional woman and was really on top of things, asked questions, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 PM

697 posts, read 1,071,775 times
Oh that is so sad! So sorry for her and her family.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
I don't know the why's,only God knows His purpose,but it's in what we aren't able to see right now.
God bless the family.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:06 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I don't know the why's,only God knows His purpose,but it's in what we aren't able to see right now.
God bless the family.
You make it sound like God "killed" her for his purposes.
I know that it's appointed once for a person to die, though. I just hate thinking that God is so cruel to snatch lives away.
I understand him letting others die who are in pain, though (getting them out of their misery).
(I should capitalize the pronoun, but my heart isn't into it. Need lots of spiritual healing).

Old 11-30-2010, 12:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
That certainly is sad. My daughter is pregnant now with our first grandchild due in May and I would find it hard to swallow if she died from giving birth. In this life we are always just a heartbeat away from tragedy and sorrow. I wish it were not so. I honestly don't know if every tragedy has a particular purpose or if our lives are more like Forrest Gump described it : "I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."

The Feather Scene in Forrest Gump and thoughts on Destiny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ2SW...eature=related

Last edited by Heartsong; 11-30-2010 at 12:59 AM..

Old 11-30-2010, 05:26 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
That certainly is sad. My daughter is pregnant now with our first grandchild due in May and I would find it hard to swallow if she died from giving birth. In this life we are always just a heartbeat away from tragedy and sorrow. I wish it were not so. I honestly don't know if every tragedy has a particular purpose or if our lives are more like Forrest Gump described it : "I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."

The Feather Scene in Forrest Gump and thoughts on Destiny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ2SW...eature=related
Sorry about your friend Bette. That is really sad and upsetting. Prayers going out for the family.

Heartsong, Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite movies and there's a lot to be learned from Forrest. Profound things.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
You make it sound like God "killed" her for his purposes.
I know that it's appointed once for a person to die, though. I just hate thinking that God is so cruel to snatch lives away.
I understand him letting others die who are in pain, though (getting them out of their misery).
(I should capitalize the pronoun, but my heart isn't into it. Need lots of spiritual healing).
no,not at all.but there's a reason it happened,and one we aren't able to see right now.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Yes it is sad indeed.

If not mistaken, I believe it was more common that women did die from complications from childbirth prior to modern times. In fact, though I was too young to realize, my mother almost bleed to death before her hysterectomy.

Sadly this is what the effects of sin does.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:07 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,678,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

Why do these sad things happen? (She was a professional woman and was really on top of things, asked questions, etc).
Everybody dies. Yes, it seems more sad when it's someone young, who is apparently still a long way from death, but that's just how life is. There is no ultimate reason or meaning behind it, death happens to everyone and it's not because of sin, or the will of any god or fate. What I would say is that one should celebrate life while they have it, and when their loved ones die, of course you'll be sad, but you should also be happy that you had time with them when they were alive.

Life is to be lived, and death is nothing to fear.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes it is sad indeed.

If not mistaken, I believe it was more common that women did die from complications from childbirth prior to modern times. In fact, though I was too young to realize, my mother almost bleed to death before her hysterectomy.

Sadly this is what the effects of sin does.
Indeed,this is why I believe we will not live in this fallen state forever.It will all end somewhere.
Did Jesus let us in on the specifics of that? yes,I think He did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity