Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 AM

18,183 posts, read 16,747,601 times

Advertisements

It's a fallen world, therefore God spreads the tragedy around evenly so non-believers don't see a pattern of Christians being unnaturally blessed with health, wealth, and happiness while they are all dying young, poor and miserable. If they did they'd accept Jesus with the greatest of reluctance and evil intentions and God does not desire people to come to Him in this state. A fetus is spontaneously aborted, an innocent child dies a horrible cancer death, this Christian teen is maimed in an auto accident and paralyzed for life, that non-believer hits the lottery jackpot, several Christians are among the dead in a jet crash, three drug dealers are maimed by drug lords and on and on. There's no pattern to the victories and losses, the tragedies and the comedies. It looks random but it's not. God has a master plan, and Christians cannot figure it out but they trust it is there, while non-believers can see no concrete evidence that there is a God because their eyes have been shut through of the hardness of their hearts. In God's time and in His own unique way their eyes will be opened and they will come to a saving knowledge of the truth, or in God's infinite wisdom He will allow them to die in their sin. Either way His purpose is accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 02:21 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,747,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
no,not at all.but there's a reason it happened,and one we aren't able to see right now.
the reason was excessive bleeding, it's right there in the first post of this thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,430,533 times
sorry... that is so sad!! Wants her children to a lifetime of happiness.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 AM

187 posts, read 195,235 times
Sorry to hear the upsetting news. When lively and youthful people pass on it can be very sad. Sad in the company of sharring, that will not be, in this life.
Hoping you feel a little better, in time.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,869,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Why do these sad things happen? (She was a professional woman and was really on top of things, asked questions, etc).
While it is sad that she passed away, she obviously fulfilled everything she was meant to fulfill. Possibly her greatest achievement was in bringing a new life for God into this world.

Rejoice in what she accomplished in bringing this new life into existence. She died so her baby would be born. This is so much like Christ. He died that we would live.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:15 AM

6,869 posts, read 11,175,696 times
Smile That helped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It's a fallen world, therefore God spreads the tragedy around evenly so non-believers don't see a pattern of Christians being unnaturally blessed with health, wealth, and happiness while they are all dying young, poor and miserable. If they did they'd accept Jesus with the greatest of reluctance and evil intentions and God does not desire people to come to Him in this state. A fetus is spontaneously aborted, an innocent child dies a horrible cancer death, this Christian teen is maimed in an auto accident and paralyzed for life, that non-believer hits the lottery jackpot, several Christians are among the dead in a jet crash, three drug dealers are maimed by drug lords and on and on. There's no pattern to the victories and losses, the tragedies and the comedies. It looks random but it's not. God has a master plan, and Christians cannot figure it out but they trust it is there, while non-believers can see no concrete evidence that there is a God because their eyes have been shut through of the hardness of their hearts. In God's time and in His own unique way their eyes will be opened and they will come to a saving knowledge of the truth, or in God's infinite wisdom He will allow them to die in their sin. Either way His purpose is accomplished.
Thank you for this. Makes sense to me. I'm still sad though. Funeral is tomorrow morning.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:09 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,021,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes it is sad indeed.

If not mistaken, I believe it was more common that women did die from complications from childbirth prior to modern times. In fact, though I was too young to realize, my mother almost bleed to death before her hysterectomy.

Sadly this is what the effects of sin does.

Sin did not kill her complications during birth caused her death.....

Old 12-03-2010, 05:58 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,593,750 times
Things happen & no one knows why...you have to believe that God has a purpose and it was her time...this is when faith comes in...but these words don't make you feel better-hopefully God will comfort the family and everyone who is in mourning....I'm sorry for your loss.....

Old 12-03-2010, 08:37 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,379,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
You make it sound like God "killed" her for his purposes.
I know that it's appointed once for a person to die, though. I just hate thinking that God is so cruel to snatch lives away.
I understand him letting others die who are in pain, though (getting them out of their misery).
(I should capitalize the pronoun, but my heart isn't into it. Need lots of spiritual healing).
The only thought and verse came to my mind was "The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD" Job 1:21.
My heart goes out to her family.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:31 PM

823 posts, read 1,384,261 times
My Father lost his Mother hours after his birth.... it affected him throughout his life deeply that he never even had a chance to know her and he always felt responsible for her death. He named me after her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity