Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
See, you are completely deluded, and a liar. You tell others, falsehoods about me, making it look like I have no love for my fellow man. I do, even for you, which is why I am here, now, typing, trying to open your blinded eyes to the Truth,,HIS Truth. Refute the scriptures, not me. You cannot though, can you? They go against your desires, and your false belief.

I preach the TRUE gospel, in season, and out of season. My King is continually on my lips, and I praise Him and give thanks day and night for rescuing me. I also take salvation serious. I repent, seeking forgiveness for the wrongs I have done to my God, and to my fellow man.

So no, Ironmaw1776, it isn't 'to hell with anyone'. I know I have family that will never see His Glory, because they were atheist, even though they had the gospel preached to them. It is sad, but it is also THEIR choice. They CHOSE to live their lives outside the covenant. They CHOSE to spit upon the very cross that offered Life. They were selfish and self centered, and they lived their lives for greed and gain. They died in their sin, so they remain, and will remain, dead forever.

It does make me mad, they didn't listen. It does hurt my soul, they refused my King. It does break my heart, that they thought this was all there was to life. But, you are right. God will wipe away all those tears. Praise His Name above ALL Names.
...Amen Hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 AM

351 posts, read 355,204 times
HotinAZ I know that Satin is the father of most mankind because they are of his spirit. This is also a spiritial thing. When you are carnally minded and think of youself first, hate others and give in to carnal pleasures your father is Satin. The way we become children of God is through his divine influence on our heart which changes us. Getting saved is the hardest thing anyone will do. It will take all your life and beyond. You will have to repent and have your heart change. God does this in increments and as he sheds his Grace on us to change us we become more and more like him, and finally are "born" into his family and then are true sons and daughters of God. All men men will have to go through this change. God will save all his children and in the end God will be " all in all."

Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
See, you are completely deluded, and a liar. You tell others, falsehoods about me, making it look like I have no love for my fellow man. I do, even for you, which is why I am here, now, typing, trying to open your blinded eyes to the Truth,,HIS Truth. Refute the scriptures, not me. You cannot though, can you? They go against your desires, and your false belief.

I preach the TRUE gospel, in season, and out of season. My King is continually on my lips, and I praise Him and give thanks day and night for rescuing me. I also take salvation serious. I repent, seeking forgiveness for the wrongs I have done to my God, and to my fellow man.

So no, Ironmaw1776, it isn't 'to hell with anyone'. I know I have family that will never see His Glory, because they were atheist, even though they had the gospel preached to them. It is sad, but it is also THEIR choice. They CHOSE to live their lives outside the covenant. They CHOSE to spit upon the very cross that offered Life. They were selfish and self centered, and they lived their lives for greed and gain. They died in their sin, so they remain, and will remain, dead forever.

It does make me mad, they didn't listen. It does hurt my soul, they refused my King. It does break my heart, that they thought this was all there was to life. But, you are right. God will wipe away all those tears. Praise His Name above ALL Names.
I'm so thankful that I have found the truth and this is not my belief any longer. It is sooooo tragic and sad to go through life thinking this way about people who have passed and believing they are either going to spend an eternity in flames or just cease to exist. Praise God that He isn't really the God of ET and that His plan includes ALL of us, not just some "chosen" few who have this kind of nonsense living in their heads and hearts. It's heartbreaking to know that so many are still deceived.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:24 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
It is good news for the whole world.

(I took out the middle parts of your post to make a point.)

How can it be good news for the whole world?
And yet... ""

??

If even ONE human being were to be lost... not included in "God's family"... for ANY reason... then this is not good news. It is not GOOD NEWS for ME!
If my whole family is "saved", if all of my friends are "saved", yet one person whom I've never even met in Uruguay is not part of the "family".... then this is HORRIBLE news.

Just ONE human being not being included, is HORRIBLE news to me. Because it tells me that whoever created us, is NOT in CONTROL. IS NOT all-powerful. It tells me that there is something that LOVE could not do. IT tells me that LOVE does NOT conquer ALL. And that is the WORST possible news I can think of. That our Creator somehow FAILED His creation which HE brought into being. That us being subjected to futility... in HOPE. That that "hope" is a lie. That "hope" is a sham.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Not "might possibly be good news" but SHALL BE.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

My belief is not based on these handful verses at all. But sometimes folks need some verses to ponder.
The GOOD NEWS is that every single human being is part of God's plan. Whether they realize right now or not. Whether they believe in Him right now or not. Whether they believe the right things about Him right now or not. Each and EVERY human being that has ever lived and that will ever live is part of a BEAUTIFUL plan of redemption and reconciliation. It is all playing out before our very eyes and will continue to play out until every knee bows and every single human being JOYOUSLY swears allegiance to Him. JOYOUSLY!!! And every human being is full of love for their Creator and for the rest of Creation. THIS is the good news.

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

The above verse is a verse of VICTORY. And a picture of ABSOLUTE (100%) (Perfect, Complete) Glory to our Creator. Anything less than 100% of creation is NOT good news. And it does not bring ABSOLUTE, PERFECT, COMPLETE, 100% Glory to our Creator. It says that somehow, somewhere He has failed. He subjected us, EACH of us to this futility for a very specific reason. He is RESPONSIBLE for His creation. And HE WILL NOT FAIL US. Though, some don't see it now amidst the darkness of this present world, (which is of course, understandable and actually all seemingly part of His plan in the first place. He reveals and He conceals.), He will NOT fail us. What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal. (Romans 8:8)This brief life, these present sufferings are creating something, and these sufferings will not compare to the glory that is to be.. REVEALED.

LOVE conquers all. And the Creator is going to show us this through every life lived. Each and every human being is VITAL to the WHOLE picture. It's not so much that no human being will be lost, as it is no human being CAN be "lost". EVERY human being is part of His plan. And EVERY single human being will end up teaching us, showing us SOMETHING more about the Creator. Will end up helping us to understand the POWER of LOVE. We can't see it now, but I am confident that we will.

peace,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 12-08-2010 at 10:36 AM..

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Trying to smear fellow believers by is a standard UR tactic. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves if they can make others look worse. I don't get it, but I see it every day.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trying to smear fellow believers by is a standard UR tactic. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves if they can make others look worse. I don't get it, but I see it every day.
I'm a believer in UR.

Don't smear me, bro.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I'm a believer in UR.

Don't smear me, bro.
If you don't use that tactic, then you are an exception to the rule.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM

I don't smear others and I'm not an "exception."
People who believe in UR aren't joined at the hip.
We are all unique human beings from all parts of the world who happen to believe in a similar view of God. There are no "tactics". This isn't a game.

peace..
sparrow

Old 12-08-2010, 10:54 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
HotinAZ I know that Satin is the father of most mankind because they are of his spirit. This is also a spiritial thing. When you are carnally minded and think of youself first, hate others and give in to carnal pleasures your father is Satin. The way we become children of God is through his divine influence on our heart which changes us. Getting saved is the hardest thing anyone will do. It will take all your life and beyond. You will have to repent and have your heart change. God does this in increments and as he sheds his Grace on us to change us we become more and more like him, and finally are "born" into his family and then are true sons and daughters of God. All men men will have to go through this change. God will save all his children and in the end God will be " all in all."
See, we will have to agree to disagree. I already showed you scriptures pointing this out, so it is for you to come into the Truth as He wills it. For me, having once believed in UR, I have come out of the belief that ALL mankind will 'eventually' be saved, because the scriptures plainly refute this. After this life, there is judgement. Not another life. Not another age to live a life. There is either Life, or death.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:01 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm so thankful that I have found the truth and this is not my belief any longer. It is sooooo tragic and sad to go through life thinking this way about people who have passed and believing they are either going to spend an eternity in flames or just cease to exist. Praise God that He isn't really the God of ET and that His plan includes ALL of us, not just some "chosen" few who have this kind of nonsense living in their heads and hearts. It's heartbreaking to know that so many are still deceived.
Yea, it is sad Jesus was lying, right?

And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,

Ready? PAY ATTENTION!!

Here is Jesus talking now,,,so LISTEN UP!

"Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Lord, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from."-JESUS

You can try to deny Him, and even His words. But, once the door is shut, it is SHUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity