U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2010, 04:14 PM

3,552 posts, read 2,750,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You already made it perfectly clear that you believe that God hates his enemies, which is everyone who does not believe in Christ.

So even though you claim to love your fellow man, i don't believe you can when you teach that not even God loves everyone.

You can say how you feel about your family whom you believe deserve to suffer everlasting condemnation, but i don't believe you ... How could i believe you? IF you truly loved your family the way that I do, you would not be either willing or able to simply accept that, especially in the face of all the evidence to the contrary.

It is obvious to me that you desire unbelievers to be condemned for ever if they never become a Christian before they die, though you claim that you do not. You say that it is divine justice out of one side of your mouth, and the speak like its a cosmic tragedy out of the other ...

Maybe i'm wrong ... But i don't think so ...

Personally, I could care less what you believe. You have already lied about me, slandered me, and now , NOW, you want to have a discussion with me,,,WHILE putting me down in the process??

I really don't know how to ignore someone on here, but if I did, you would be my first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 04:58 PM

5,895 posts, read 4,430,115 times
Quote:
The above verse is a verse of VICTORY. And a picture of ABSOLUTE (100%) (Perfect, Complete) Glory to our Creator. Anything less than 100% of creation is NOT good news. And it does not bring ABSOLUTE, PERFECT, COMPLETE, 100% Glory to our Creator. It says that somehow, somewhere He has failed. He subjected us, EACH of us to this futility for a very specific reason. He is RESPONSIBLE for His creation. And HE WILL NOT FAIL US. Though, some don't see it now amidst the darkness of this present world, (which is of course, understandable and actually all seemingly part of His plan in the first place. He reveals and He conceals.), He will NOT fail us. What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal. (Romans 8:8)This brief life, these present sufferings are creating something, and these sufferings will not compare to the glory that is to be.. REVEALED.
I really want to believe this so badly.........but then I'm confronted with this:

Quote:
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 4,018,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Personally, I could care less what you believe. You have already lied about me, slandered me, and now , NOW, you want to have a discussion with me,,,WHILE putting me down in the process??

I really don't know how to ignore someone on here, but if I did, you would be my first.
Yeah, the Pharisees felt the same way about Christ and the apostles, especially when they publicly exposed them for their hypocrisy, hardness of heart, and false elitist religion ... They didn't have the ignore option either, so they just killed them.

You talk about how angry you are at those whom you love(d) who have passed on without ever having believed and how you think that they got exactly what they deserved(everlasting condemnation) for insulting you and your idea of who God is by not choosing to believe in him ...

That is what you get from fundamentalist Christians, condemnation and anger and hate.

Very sad ...

Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah, the Pharisees felt the same way about Christ and the apostles, especially when they publicly exposed them for their hypocrisy, hardness of heart, and false elitist religion ... They didn't have the ignore option either, so they just killed them.

You talk about how angry you are at those whom you love(d) who have passed on without ever having believed and how you think that they got exactly what they deserved(everlasting condemnation) for insulting you and your idea of who God is by not choosing to believe in him ...

That is what you get from fundamentalist Christians, condemnation and anger and hate.

Very sad ...
You call me a Pharisee while bashing me for my beliefs? You are the hypocrite.

And now I am a fundy? Dude, you are too funny. You are the exact representation of what I HATE about Christianity, and if you were the ONLY model to follow, I would have to renounce my faith.

You preach all this lovey dovey crap, while spewing vomit out of your mouth. You are the BIGGEST hypocrite of all. You cannot even practice the very doctrine you believe in. For shame.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I really want to believe this so badly.........but then I'm confronted with this:
Don't fall for the trap Thrill.

Read Genesis 3:4. It is the oldest of ALL lies.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:14 PM

18,166 posts, read 8,252,255 times
Quote:

You preach all this lovey dovey crap, while spewing vomit out of your mouth. You are the BIGGEST hypocrite of all. You cannot even practice the very doctrine you believe in. For shame.
Hot, what is this lovey dovey crap you are talking about ?.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:42 PM

3,889 posts, read 2,005,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

Hi thrillobyte,

Quote:
The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Think on this:

When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

The unrighteous will NOT inherit the kingdom of God.
Think about every knee bowing, and every tongue confessing...
The UNrighteous will not (and CANNOT) inherit the kingdom of God.

Instead of putting people into categories of righteous and unrighteous, think of yourself, think of me, think of everyone as being in BOTH of those categories. He is the refiner. He is the Potter. We are the clay.
The UNrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Every knee will bow... every tongue will confess...
We were subjected to futility.. in HOPE..
He is longsuffering towards us. Don't forget.
His love is PERFECT love.
So many things of ours on that wide path of destruction, thrill...
Destruction is good.
He is destroying within us what NEEDS to be destroyed.
Every knee will bow... "the people of the world LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS"

It's all good news, brother.
and the good news is what chases away the darkness and confusion.
The good news is what transforms your heart. The good news of God's love for all is what enlarges your heart so MORE of HIM can FIT!
It makes you see others in a compassionate, loving light.
When you see others through HIS eyes...
It's such a glory to behold. It really, really, truly is.
When you see the lumps of clay all around you, and have confidence that what the end result will be is a thing of absolute beauty. Once you see it, no-one can ever take that vision from you. Once you see.... a Creation in love with it's Creator.

Thrill.... We love because HE first loved us.

Just some stuff to think about and ponder a little and silently pray about.
Peace to you, thrill,
sparrow

Old 12-08-2010, 09:03 PM

3,889 posts, read 2,005,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, who are those people standing outside the shut door and why won't they be allowed in the house?
Hi Finn,
Here are my thoughts:

My guess would be those who did not love, yet clubbed others over the head with religion, fear and condemnation. Those who were like the pharisees...

But whoever is standing outside of that shut door (I'm going to let you in on a little "sparrow secret thought within herself" here it is: hey, could very well be myself for knowing that God is love and NOT putting enough love out there, I don't know. We are responsible for spreading whatever light we have in this world. I sit MYSELF outside of that shut door on a constant basis and peer in at those who are SO selfless, and SO unbelievably loving and generous and gracious and so Christlike and I try to learn from them. And guess what? It's people from all sorts of backgrounds that I see. And I sit out there and pray to God silently in my mind and in my heart, for God to help me be more like Him. For God to help me to use what love He put in my heart to make another person understand how much they are loved. I am an extreme introvert and I struggle with that. It's in my heart... this love... but projecting it outwards into our dark little world isn't always my strength. I need Him to help me. So yeah, I sit myself outside that shut door because it helps propel me.. it helps me to push my heart FORWARD. It helps my hands reaching up... up.... up.... )

Anyway, whoever is standing outside of that shut door, they're only standing outside to LEARN.

" When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness."

The reason for those standing outside of the SHUT door is for people to LEARN righteousness.

This is what I believe.

It has nothing to do with God forever turning His back on any part of His creation. That would make him an UNrighteous Creator.
It has EVERYTHING to do with God molding and shaping His children (all of mankind.)

peace,
sparrow

Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 PM

xxxxx

Last edited by thrillobyte; 12-08-2010 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: at the moment it's totally off the topic

Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Don't fall for the trap Thrill.

Read Genesis 3:4. It is the oldest of ALL lies.
Ahhhh Hot, I'm so confused at this point I don't know if I'm coming or going!

Sparrow, I know there are many verses in the OT where God is talking directly to man through the writer of the book, Isaiah for example. And He says in numerous places things to the effect of, "And then will I put MY Word and My thoughts into the minds of all men and they will learn righteousness will come to Me and then will they be saved and will honor Me."

And then the NT comes along and in it we read, "Depart from Me ye CURSED into everlasting flames prepared for the devil."

Is it any wonder so many people are confused unto death ( you like that little touch of ol' King James!!)

Last edited by thrillobyte; 12-08-2010 at 11:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity