U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM

15,524 posts, read 7,442,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
By the way Brian are you happy now that you have created the strife among ppl, just as I predicted ???
I still don't understand why you are so angry. Everyone else pretty much agrees that the Westboro Group is just a bad, evil group. Yet you seem to have more of a problem with the people who think that being a hate group is bad than the hate group itself... And you're being way harsh and judgemental about it, too. Can you not see the hypocrisy?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 AM

2,933 posts, read 2,029,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi sparrow!

God speaks to us through our conscience. (Or perhaps He IS our conscience?... )

Blessings to all,
Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Good thought Brian!
Yes..... good thought!!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yes..... good thought!!
Ditto! That's kind of my belief anyway - that what I consider my conscience, others consider God. Perhaps they are one and the same. I say whatever helps you be a better person is what you should listen to - no matter if it is God, your conscience, your mom, your dad, your spouse, etc.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:03 AM

21,946 posts, read 9,769,441 times
Quote:
Yes, Brian was judging me in the fact, because I did not come back and argue with him that the silence, well here it is, MysticPHd just for you !!

"I have a really bad feeling that many evangelists/fundamentalists actually believe that WBC is preaching the Gospel Truth. They won't verbally acknowledge that they agree, but they do so through their silence."

That I was in agreement to what the WBC were and are doing !!
NO . . . he said nothing about agreeing with what they are doing. He referred to the Gospel they preach.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 AM

21,946 posts, read 9,769,441 times
Quote:
By the way Brian are you happy now that you have created the strife among ppl, just as I predicted ???
There is no strife . . . just the clear and present focus on the hateful doctrines of WBC (that their ACTIONS bring to public scrutiny) .They are the same hateful doctrines that you and your like-minded believers defend. You are angry that the ACTIONS of the WBC are so public and reveal the hateful nature of the very doctrine you defend. That is what has your ire up.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 AM

9,538 posts, read 4,950,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no strife . . . just the clear and present focus on the hateful doctrines of WBC (that their ACTIONS bring to public scrutiny) .They are the same hateful doctrines that you and your like-minded believers defend. You are angry that the ACTIONS of the WBC are so public and reveal the hateful nature of the very doctrine you defend. That is what has your ire up.
MysticPHd, your post is totally just like the WBC !! LOL, all of you who are posting are acting just like the people you are condemning !!!

God bless you, all and hope one day He can get you to see what you are doing.....

Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
MysticPHd, your post is totally just like the WBC !! LOL, all of you who are posting are acting just like the people you are condemning !!!

God bless you, all and hope one day He can get you to see what you are doing.....
Likewise.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM

3,890 posts, read 2,008,004 times
Brian... you are a beautiful soul. You are (OF COURSE!) absolutely right in standing against this hate group, brother. The argument on this thread is one of the most petty, ridiculous ones I've ever read.

Further, your patience, longsuffering, kindness and gentleness in this discussion is quite a sight. This has happened to you before, you may not remember, but I do and I can remember the thread quite clear. It was those same qualities I mentioned above that I saw in you that made it stand out in my mind. And here you are again, brother. You are such a strong voice for love.

peace,
sparrow

Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM

6,519 posts, read 4,014,447 times
Quote:

Huh? Mystic is not rejoicing in the pain, death and eternal suffering of fellow humans, how is he just like WBC?

Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 AM

33,446 posts, read 10,909,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I still don't understand why you are so angry. Everyone else pretty much agrees that the Westboro Group is just a bad, evil group. Yet you seem to have more of a problem with the people who think that being a hate group is bad than the hate group itself... And you're being way harsh and judgemental about it, too. Can you not see the hypocrisy?
The problem is beyond obvious. It is not what someone thinks of a WBC and their 71 members. It is a small group of people with strange attitudes. The problem is the deliberate effort to associate regular God loving evangelical Christians with the WBC (see post #28 and the ones after it). Why do it? It is disturbing to see others come in to congratulate Brians smear campaign by praising his patience, longsuffering, kindness and gentleness. There is nothing kind and gentle in someone trying to smeat his neighbor's reputation. It is quite the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.