Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You admitted to mistakenly making a false claim about me defending WBC, but that is another issue. We are talking about the deliberate attempt to smear Christians by associating them them WBC.
But since I believe in Christ myself? I should be smearing myself!

There are many Christian groups which I highly admire: amish, quakers, and even some oneness/holiness groups!

That doesn't mean that there aren't other groups WAY out of line; and if I were able to be there to tell them, I would. (It's kinda' hard living on the other side of the globe.. )
Call me judgmental or whatever, I think there ought to be more Christians who believe in the Love of God (fundamentalists or otherwise) out there confronting them IN MEEKNESS AND LOVE. (Did you read that, munchkin?..) They might even have the chance to see other souls know the Lord!

Blessings,
Brian

Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you. But of course you don't have to, if you don't want to, or if you think you think you can't find them.
Oh get off it, Finn . . .you know exactly who they are and you have agreed with some their posts many times. This pretended ignorance is not very Christian or loving . . . but it is certainly consistent with your deceptive and distracting posting style. Are you under the mistaken impression that you are allowed or even encouraged to lie and deceive those you believe are of Satan, Finn? What a piece of work you are.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Meerkat there is one thing they do not have scriptual support for which pulls the rug from under every scripture they use to justify who they are and what they are about... the spirit they are off.

And i do believe they are hypocrits based on these 2 verses

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Matthew 23:13

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6.

I also agree with what Mystic says. Just start a thread about Homosexuals,adulterers and heretics and see what spirit is manifested.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What a piece of work you are.
Actually, he's God's piece of work, like you and I, mystic!

Blessings!
Brian

Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh get off it, Finn . . .you know exactly who they are and you have agreed with some their posts many times. This pretended ignorance is not very Christian or loving . . . but it is certainly consistent with your deceptive and distracting posting style. Are you under the mistaken impression that you are allowed or even encouraged to lie and deceive those you believe are of Satan, Finn? What a piece of work you are.
A pretender? A deciever? A liar? It never ends, does it....?

I never claimed no one has ever said such things, I only asked for the poster to back up her claims.

Well, the UR crowd have shown the "ur love" once again in form of insults and smear.

So long.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You admitted to mistakenly making a false claim about me defending WBC, but that is another issue.
No . . . he did not and your constant restating of these misrepresentations does not speak well of your honesty and purity of heart, Finn. Brian did not accuse evangelicals of defending the ACTIONS of the WBC . . . just the DOCTRINE.
Quote:
We are talking about the deliberate attempt to smear Christians by associating them them WBC. No one has apologized for it. On the contrary, every ur seems to have joined you in this campaign of smear.
There has been no attempt to smear anyone with the ACTIONS of the WBC . . . but if you adhere to their hateful DOCTRINE . . you smear yourself.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:49 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Meerkat there is one thing they do not have scriptual support for which pulls the rug from under every scripture they use to justify who they are and what they are about... the spirit they are off.

And i do believe they are hypocrits based on these 2 verses

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Matthew 23:13

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6.

I also agree with what Mystic says. Just start a thread about Homosexuals,adulterers and heretics and see what spirit is manifested.
pcamps I don't agree with the interpretations of the scriptures that are used to justify what they believe and how they do it ... all doctrines have scriptural support UR, ET, and annihilation.......

also hypocrisy is not about having wrong beliefs, it is believing/saying something and then doing the opposite...... what they believe is reflected in what they do .....

Old 12-13-2010, 01:04 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:

I never claimed no one has ever said such things, I only asked for the poster to back up her claims.

Well, the UR crowd have shown the "ur love" once again in form of insults and smear.

So long.
I agree with them and I am not UR, there goes your theory.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
pcamps I don't agree with the interpretations of the scriptures that are used to justify what they believe and how they do it ... all doctrines have scriptural support UR, ET, and annihilation.......

also hypocrisy is not about having wrong beliefs, it is believing/saying something and then doing the opposite...... what they believe is reflected in what they do .....
Hey Meerkat

What they are doing is exactly what Jesus said in this verse.

And i'm sorry but there is no scriptual support for the spirit they are off, what we see is not of God.It's not their doctrines so much that is the problem, but the spirit they are off, i know some wonderful believers who believe in the ET doctrine .

Old 12-13-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:

So long.
Finn,
FYI, I consider you a brother. (I don't know if you consider me a brother, but I would hope so!)
Even if you believe in ET, you are still a Christian brother to me. I used to believe in ET myself! (I just couldn't love people while I did.)

I am NOT criticizing "all" evangelicals or "all" Christians! I am, as Mystic said, focusing on how doctrines can corrupt us.

So can we walk in Love, and try to learn from what we see and hear preached by those around us, that we may ALL draw closer to Christ?

Blessings,
Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity