U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:44 AM

9,582 posts, read 5,262,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
We are all "loving" children of our heavenly Father? So, you're saying that everyone is a child of God?

Where did you get that from? Certainly not from the words of Jesus, who called some people children of the devil. If some people are children of the devil, then we can't all be children of God.

John 8:41-44
41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Bud
Amen.... Bud !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 AM

1,395 posts, read 975,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I love the title of your link that i highlighted. Yes indeed there are many that are strangers to His love and mercy, but it does not mean it's being extended to them, may we be like wise to all who come across our paths.
This is why it's so important to receive God's Divine Love in our souls... because loving everyone is effortless. Blessings.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:20 PM

2,739 posts, read 5,511,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
What does Jesus say here:

"All men are the children of God. His Love and Care are over all, and they are very dear to Him. Otherwise, He would not have rebestowed His Love upon them and given them the privilege of becoming inhabitants of His Celestial Kingdom. "

God Loves All of His Children. His Love and Care Are Over All, Even Though Some Are Strangers to His Love and Mercy (http://tinyurl.com/25xss9j - broken link)

[/url]

The link/reference you are quoting is not from the Bible, therefore is not the inspired word of God, but rather is some other (deceiving) "gospel". (especially in that it contradicts what Jesus said in the Bible) God does not contradict Himself...ever. His written word (Bible) will stand forever.

Bud

Old 12-13-2010, 12:32 PM

4,897 posts, read 5,492,859 times
There are those who KNOW and LOVE God...and there are those who DO NOT...which are you...?

I am not sure about which one I am. However, I do know that those who "love and know God" has NO CLUE that the original bible only talked about "God" in the plural. This would mean that the Christian worship of a single deity is actually false according to the original biblical scriptures.

With that said, I don't believe that anyone truly knows the Gods. Many folks claim to know the Gods; in reality they only know the religious dogma of their own particular faith. Faith and facts are not the same (the same can be said about faith and truth).

I feel people should believe what they wish. However, the delusion that a strong faith means it must be true is a bit wreckless IMO. Back when I was a Christian, I NEVER claimed to have known God. NEVER. I always kept an open mind (because I knew my belief could have been wrong). Now, I am not saying that a belief in the Gods is wrong. In fact, the bible (as well as other ancient stories) would suggest that the Gods is a true part of human history. The question to me is who were these "Gods"? Would men of today call them "Gods" if they were to come down tomorrow? I don't think we would.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 12-13-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,917,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
The link/reference you are quoting is not from the Bible, therefore is not the inspired word of God, but rather is some other (deceiving) "gospel". (especially in that it contradicts what Jesus said in the Bible) God does not contradict Himself...ever. His written word (Bible) will stand forever.

Bud
BudinAk,

Perhaps you can acknowledge there are two "competing" ideas in the bible:

1. Only some are children of God
John 8:41, etc

2. All are children of God:
Mal 2:10 Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us?
Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; ...
Eph 4:6 ...one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Rom 11:36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.

etc.

Now of course the scriptures cannot contradict themselves. Consider, if you are able, at one point you were not a believer. Would you have called yourself a child of the devil then? Yet here as a believer you call yourself a child of God. So you yourself are proof that one can change...

Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM

16,326 posts, read 8,716,937 times
If some people were born of God and some were born of the Devil - then it isn't really the fault of the people who were born of the Devil for being the way they are - right? If you think some are God's children and some are Satan's children - then we aren't really responsible for that - are we? How can you control who your father is? Personally, my father, David, was the most wonderful father anyone could ask for. He loved me unconditionally and I couldn't be more grateful to him.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:09 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,917,910 times
Consider we all have two natures:
- physical vs. spiritual
- carnal vs. spiritual
- old man vs. new man
- bad side vs. good side
- vessel of dishonor vs. vessel of honor
- what we actually do vs. what we wish we could do
- child of the devil vs. child of God.

We are all at different places in our walk, but consider that God is destroying the physical/carnal while building the spiritual/new man.

THINK:

Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
Saul the chief of sinners became Paul the greatest apostle.
We will all be given a new name.

There are TWO natures within us all.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM

6,387 posts, read 2,763,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
- physical vs. spiritual
- carnal vs. spiritual
- old man vs. new man
- bad side vs. good side

We are all at different places in our walk, but consider that God is destroying the physical/carnal while building the spiritual/new man.

THINK:

Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Nice post, legoman!
I've recently read that the one who is "left behind" is actually the True Son in us. It's the son of Perdition that is taken away!
So much for being raptured...

As per the initial topic: no one can know God except whomever the Son reveals him to.
Natural man does not receive the things of God because they are foolishness to him; man can only see God as angry, he cannot understand what True Love is. He just doesn't get it. That's why man is afraid to die. But after God draws him close, he sees that God is Love, and this brings him peace and joy within. And he will even give up his life willingly to be with the Father, just as many early believers did.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 PM

4,080 posts, read 2,241,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
- physical vs. spiritual
- carnal vs. spiritual
- old man vs. new man
- bad side vs. good side

THINK:

Beautiful.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 PM

4,080 posts, read 2,241,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Personally, my father, David, was the most wonderful father anyone could ask for. He loved me unconditionally and I couldn't be more grateful to him.
And it certainly shows, Dewdrop.
Your dad's love for you reaches further than just yourself.
I sense the love coming from you, in your posts, all the time.
Peace to you, friend.
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity