Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:24 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Not all men will be judged by God. You will either die a wicked, willfull sinner...who will be resurrected only to be sent to your destruction, forever dead...your soul annhililated...or...you will die a repentant, born-again, changed, filled with the Spirit of Christ, child of the living God...who will rise to judgement for deeds done...and dwell in the House of the Lord forever. It is written. Your choice...before you die. In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
I'm one who KNOWS and LOVES God... and I'm blessed to have His Divine Love in my soul.

Can you please explain why you think Jesus, after his passing, "went and preached unto the spirits in prison." 1 Peter 3:19.

What was Peter saying here? Where are the "spirits in prison"? In Hell. Why would Jesus bother going to those spirits if they had no chance of ever getting out? Hmmm. He went there because they do... as Hell is NOT eternal, but a probationary place for the purification of sin to be removed.

What does Paul say here:

"... let me declare the truth to be that hell is not a place of eternal punishment, that all the hells, as well as other parts of the spirit world, are places of progression, and that the privilege of probation is not taken from any spirit, no matter how wicked; for all are God's children. And in his plans for the perfecting of the harmony of the universe and man's salvation, all the hells will be emptied and the hells themselves destroyed."

Hell and the Duration of Punishment (http://tinyurl.com/ykvqbe2 - broken link)

We are all loving children of our Heavenly Father, no matter how sinful we are and it is His Will that eventually there will be no Hell and Love will reign supreme. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 06:29 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Eusebius...I have prevailed and conquered some of the highest mountains...and I have forgiven...I love and honor my father and mother deeply...they do me as well this day. My mother...my father...and my child all call me blessed...and for this I am beyond grateful to God. Thank you for inquiring. God Bless.
I was just curious. Most people who have a malign concept of an abusive God also had an abusive father.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:11 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I was just curious. Most people who have a malign concept of an abusive God also had an abusive father.
You know that is very true Eusebius, I had/have an abusive Father and I can see now how that spilled over into my ET belief of God. It didn't help that I was forced to believe ET by my father but it severely damaged my view of my heavenly Father also. I now believe it is better to be an atheist than to have that kind of belief brainwashing young innocent minds. At least with an atheist mindset there is a better chance of being able to embrace the true God without any preconceived notions or brainwashing. Most of us UR's have had to struggle to come out of years of ETism and we all know how hard that is.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You know that is very true Eusebius, I had/have an abusive Father and I can see now how that spilled over into my ET belief of God. It didn't help that I was forced to believe ET by my father but it severely damaged my view of my heavenly Father also. I now believe it is better to be an atheist than to have that kind of belief brainwashing young innocent minds. At least with an atheist mindset there is a better chance of being able to embrace the true God without any preconceived notions or brainwashing. Most of us UR's have had to struggle to come out of years of ETism and we all know how hard that is.
Ilene, I was very fortunate, as were my 9 other brothers and 3 sisters, to have had a very loving, forgiving earthly father.

One day in my dad's elderly age I told him, "Dad, do you remember that verse that says the pure in heart shall see God"? He said, "yes." I said, well I think I finally figured out what it means. He said "Oh?" I said "Yes, when I see you I see God." I saw God's love and grace in my dad.

By the way, my dad was raised Presbyterian in his younger years. I told him exactly how I believed about God saving all and he said that was what he was taught in church.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
My father was a mean, abusive, fault finding drunk who loved to beat on things smaller than he, hummmmmmm, apart from the drunk bit, sounds a good deal like the christian god-thingy. Let's see, thanks to his love, we have, and have had Leprosy, Cancer, Aids, Cholera, Malaria, Dengue Fever, Botulism, Herpes, Gonorrhea, et al.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
We are all loving children of our Heavenly Father, no matter how sinful we are and it is His Will that eventually there will be no Hell and Love will reign supreme. Blessings.

We are all "loving" children of our heavenly Father? So, you're saying that everyone is a child of God?

Where did you get that from? Certainly not from the words of Jesus, who called some people children of the devil. If some people are children of the devil, then we can't all be children of God.

John 8:41-44
41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Bud

Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
We are all "loving" children of our heavenly Father? So, you're saying that everyone is a child of God?

Where did you get that from? Certainly not from the words of Jesus, who called some people children of the devil. If some people are children of the devil, then we can't all be children of God.

41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Bud
Amen Bud.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
But there are those on this forum that believe Satan was a real angel of light, that fell from grace?

Of course, you may not be talking about the same entities?

So, which is it?

Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.Bud
What does Jesus say here:

"All men are the children of God. His Love and Care are over all, and they are very dear to Him. Otherwise, He would not have rebestowed His Love upon them and given them the privilege of becoming inhabitants of His Celestial Kingdom. "

God Loves All of His Children. His Love and Care Are Over All, Even Though Some Are Strangers to His Love and Mercy (http://tinyurl.com/25xss9j - broken link)

What is John talking about? He's talking about sins being passed down through the generations... not that any of God's creation are children of the Devil... as there is no such entity. All references in the Bible to a Devil, Satan, Lucifer are "symbols of evil."

"So, the sins of the parents are visited upon the children to the third and fourth generation, means, the tendencies and inclinations toward that which is evil (are created) not by God, but by man himself, solely and exclusively."

The Sins of the Parents are visited upon the Children unto the Third and Fourth Generations (http://tinyurl.com/2fkjoay - broken link)

Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
What does Jesus say here:

"All men are the children of God. His Love and Care are over all, and they are very dear to Him. Otherwise, He would not have rebestowed His Love upon them and given them the privilege of becoming inhabitants of His Celestial Kingdom. "

God Loves All of His Children. His Love and Care Are Over All, Even Though Some Are Strangers to His Love and Mercy

What is John talking about? He's talking about sins being passed down through the generations... not that any of God's creation are children of the Devil... as there is no such entity. All references in the Bible to a Devil, Satan, Lucifer are "symbols of evil."

"So, the sins of the parents are visited upon the children to the third and fourth generation, means, the tendencies and inclinations toward that which is evil (are created) not by God, but by man himself, solely and exclusively."

The Sins of the Parents are visited upon the Children unto the Third and Fourth Generations (http://tinyurl.com/2fkjoay - broken link)
I love the title of your link that i highlighted. Yes indeed there are many that are strangers to His love and mercy, but it does not mean it's being extended to them, may we be like wise to all who come across our paths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity