U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:21 PM

5,430 posts, read 4,668,528 times

Advertisements

As Jesus and the disciples came into the country of the Gadarenes, they met a man possessed with about 2000 devils. He came running toward Jesus,

And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. Mark 5:7

Yes, those legion of devils that possessed the man knew about the torment of hell, and they did not want to go there.

And, in another account, we read:

Matthew 8
[28] And when he [Jesus] was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
[29] And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Yes, let no man deceive you with their doctrines to tickle your ears, for the time is coming when satan, his devils and his children (willful sinners) are going to be tormented in hell forever.

2 Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

It's time to call upon the name of the Lord, forsake your sins, and enter into the Lord's rest of holiness and righteousness. There's no other way to heaven, for the road is straight and narrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 PM

30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
scgraham it would be a beautiful thing the day we hear you share anything which could be considered good news, you whole message is entirely bad news, with no answer.
Here is the answer

18“The Spirit of the Lord is on me
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Luke chapter 4

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM

5,430 posts, read 4,668,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
scgraham it would be a beautiful thing the day we hear you share anything which could be considered good news, you whole message is entirely bad news, with no answer.
Here is the answer

18“The Spirit of the Lord is on me
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Luke chapter 4
The Word of the Lord is indeed bad news for those who persist in sin; there's the torment of hell awaiting them, whether they profess Jesus' name or not. The good news, however, is that if people are willing and obedient, they shall taste the goodness of the Lord. As they crucify their human spirit daily and yield to Jesus' love, then they will abide in the vine and bring forth the divine fruit of the Spirit; that's the good news of the Gospel!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM

30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Word of the Lord is indeed bad news for those who persist in sin; there's the torment of hell awaiting them, whether they profess Jesus' name or not. The good news, however, is that if people are willing and obedient, they shall taste the goodness of the Lord. As they crucify their human spirit daily and yield to Jesus' love, then they will abide in the vine and bring forth the divine fruit of the Spirit; that's the good news of the Gospel!
You just don't get it we are ambassadors of good news not bad news, there is no good news in your belief or message. The day you understand this the angels will be rejoicing in heaven.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM

58,520 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Quote:
As Jesus and the disciples came into the country of the Gadarenes, they met a man possessed with about 2000 devils. He came running toward Jesus,

And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. Mark 5:7

Yes, those legion of devils that possessed the man knew about the torment of hell, and they did not want to go there.

Matthew 8
[28] And when he [Jesus] was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
[29] And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Yes, let no man deceive you with their doctrines to tickle your ears, for the time is coming when satan, his devils and his children (willful sinners) are going to be tormented in hell forever.

2 Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

It's time to call upon the name of the Lord, forsake your sins, and enter into the Lord's rest of holiness and righteousness. There's no other way to heaven, for the road is straight and narrow.
Of course they know, as some of them are already in the Abyss. These demons begged that Jesus would not torment them 'before their time'. So, not only do they know their eternal destiny, they also know their days are numbered. Only humans are weak enough to be deceived into thinking such place does not exist.

We are the messangers of truth, so it is our duto to tell others that Jesus is here to save us, and all we have to do is have faith in Him, and we also need to tell people why it is important to be saved. If we omit anything from the Bible, then we are not telling the entire truth. Jesus talked about it, so why shouldn't we?

Old 12-12-2010, 03:25 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,315,368 times
Quote:

Matthew 8

The word torment in our English translations is taken from the Greek word βασανίζω and is also used within scripture to "test" or "vex" the soul of the "righteous":

2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed (βασανίζω) his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds

The biblical concept of testing or vexing is not limited to devils or demons. Even the righteous are said to experience it.

All (including you) will experience βασανίζω my friend. Jesus will see to that. All grains of wheat also carry chaff. And that chaff will be burned with unquenchable fire:

Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

It is this burning of the chaff that will βασανίζω even the righteous.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The word torment in our English translations is taken from the Greek word βασανίζω and is also used within scripture to "test" or "vex" the soul of the "righteous":

2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed (βασανίζω) his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds

The biblical concept of testing or vexing is not limited to devils or demons. Even the righteous are said to experience it.

All (including you) will experience βασανίζω my friend. Jesus will see to that. All grains of wheat also carry chaff. And that chaff will be burned with unquenchable fire:

Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

It is this burning of the chaff that will βασανίζω even the righteous.
How much longer are these fallen angels going to be "tested" for? 6000 years is a long "test".

Old 12-12-2010, 03:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,315,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How much longer are these fallen angels going to be "tested" for? 6000 years is a long "test".
I'm not sure scripture really gives us an answer. Here are two scriptures that give us some indication:

2Pe 2:4 For if God messengers who sinned did not spare, but with chains of thick gloom, having cast them down to Tartarus, did deliver them to judgment, having been reserved,

Jud 1:6 messengers also, those who did not keep their own principality, but did leave their proper dwelling, to a judgment of a great day, in bonds everlasting, under darkness He hath kept,

The word everlasting here has more to do with when the judgment was pronounced (from eternity) rather than the duration of the judgment.

In any event, scripture also says that everything was reconciled back to God, including all created beings:

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile the all things to himself--having made peace through the blood of his cross--through him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.

When that will ultimately be experienced by the fallen angels, I'm not sure. It may have already taken place. Do we know otherwise? I'm not sure.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I'm not sure scripture really gives us an answer. Here are two scriptures that give us some indication:

2Pe 2:4 For if God messengers who sinned did not spare, but with chains of thick gloom, having cast them down to Tartarus, did deliver them to judgment, having been reserved,

Jud 1:6 messengers also, those who did not keep their own principality, but did leave their proper dwelling, to a judgment of a great day, in bonds everlasting, under darkness He hath kept,

The word everlasting here has more to do with when the judgment was pronounced (from eternity) rather than the duration of the judgment.

In any event, scripture also says that everything was reconciled back to God, including all created beings:

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile the all things to himself--having made peace through the blood of his cross--through him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.

When that will ultimately be experienced by the fallen angels, I'm not sure. It may have already taken place. Do we know otherwise? I'm not sure.
Until judgment

Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

There is a place prepared for them, not just the devil, but also his angels:

Mat 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

And they will ramain there forever

Revelation 20 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 PM

17,789 posts, read 8,896,463 times
Destroying the wickedness or combination of parts under which a thing exists will require that of a consuming
fire to remove the dross, as men still cleave to the deceptions of false teachers; and their messengers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or