Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
And yet you believe in a polymorphic entity that you have neither seen nor heard with any of your senses yet you make the claim that He is the maker of heaven and earth and that He has powers that transcend the natural workings of our universe? If that's not supernatural then I don't know what is. Oh...and by the way, Christ was raised from the dead. How is that not supernatural? Furthermore, what knowledge are you talking about? You haven't offered anything but your own opinion. I am not going to trust someone's claims unless you have factual evidence to support. Next, the tree was called the tree of good and evil. Only when we ate from it did we gain understanding of good and evil. Read your bible man. After that, He didn't condemn us. We condemned ourselves by embracing sin. God didn't make the mistake, we did. When Jesus came, He came to break sins hold on our lives. I keep saying that but you keep making these wild claims that I never stated nor will ever agree with. Lastly, what is up with this whole "barbarous ancestors" and "enlightened individual" commentary of yours? First of all, you have not backed up your claim with any factual evidence. Second, you are acting in a condescending manner with such claims, which only reveals you have some kind of underlying pride in regards to your knowledge of psychology. Lastly, you claim that there is no such thing as supernatural and yet you believe in a God who raised His Son from the dead on the third day, made the sun stand still, parted the red sea, and brought healing to the sick, deformed, maimed, and dead. All of these things are clearly supernatural, thus your whole attack on mysticism and the supernatural appears to be self defeating. Mind my asking...what exactly are you in terms of faith?
Sorry . . . intellectually there is no there . . . there. You are in the same camp as C34 and YSM. I do not engage at that non-intellectual level. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM

352 posts, read 552,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry . . . intellectually there is no there . . . there. You are in the same camp as C34 and YSM. I do not engage at that non-intellectual level. Peace.
Good riddance. If this is the love of universalists, then I'd rather remain with the ETers; at least they provide evidence to support their claims and don't just rely on faulty suppositions that are contradictory to their belief system. Any other "enlightened" folks want to speak up.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
  • Quote:
  • I do believe it takes the Holy Spirit to help discern truth from the Scripture. However, what my concern with this is that everyone keeps claiming that the Spirit led them here and there and yet everyone comes to different conclusions. I believe in the Holy Spirit and its ability to bring out major truths. However, when it comes to topics such as these, it is hard to for me to trust because I don't know what truth is. Ultimately, it seems like everyone's conclusion on matters such as what this thread is about stems from underlying preconceived notions or ideas that effectively shape how they view Scripture.

Nero the truth is Jesus Christ and what He says, all others are ignorant of the Father until Jesus opens the Father to them. One of the reasons Jesus came was to reveal the Father to people. He had to do this because people kept saying the EVIL”S in this world come from God. Jesus says EVIL CANNOT come from God. So who are you going to believe? Are you going to believe Jesus who says EVIL CANNOT come from God or the writers of the OT who say EVIL comes from God.

I simply trust Jesus’ words, all others that speak and write contrary to Him do so out of ignorance because they did not know the Father.

Quote:
2.) If I understand your question correctly, I do believe that there was once a veil over the OT as it was unfolding. However, with Christ, the veil was lifted on the OT and the truth was revealed.

Brother the vail is STILL over the OT when it is read. Yes, Christ lifts or lifted the vail if and when we listen to Him. If we refuse to listen to Him and listen to the OT writers instead who speak contrary to Him we CANNOT see past the vail.

Quote:
3.) I'm sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you are asking in question three. Can you please clarify? And because I don't understand that question, I can't answer the others. I'm sorry. I can answer better once I have a better understanding of those other questions. Sorry again.

There was really know third question Nero, yes I put a question mark on some things but then answered the question. The point was if those who do not know God(do not have the Holy Spirit to reveal what God says) have the same understanding of God that those who say they know Him (have the Holy Spirit) something is wrong. For as it take the Holy Spirit to enlighten us, how can those who do not have the HS have the same understanding? So what I am saying is the vail is still over much of the OT and the things like the flood have NOT yet been revealed. However, the more we listen to Jesus the more of the vail is taken away and until that time both the sinner and the Christian walk in the same darkness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity