Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 04:57 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,434,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You're new here and you need to do your homework and research old threads for your answers. It's all been answered already. Don't get smart with me, I'm not called Warrior Princess for nothing. I'll give you a break since you're new, this time.
Gee Ilene...... such love

You know Jesus called such servants who showed less compassion than what was shown them as "wicked" for no reason either.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:59 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,999,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
trettep,
For a created thing like humans and angels, eternal existance will have no end....and you know that (or least been told for who knows how many times).

The righteous will exist and enjoy eternal joy in heaven ... which is life
The cursed will exist and suffer eternal punishment in hell ... which is death
The wages of sin is death - NOT Life.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,175,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
trettep,
For a created thing like humans and angels, eternal existance will have no end....and you know that (or least been told for who knows how many times).

The righteous will exist and enjoy eternal joy in heaven ... which is life
The cursed will exist and suffer eternal punishment in hell ... which is death

Where's heaven? I thought the meek inherit the earth.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:18 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,582,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Where's heaven? I thought the meek inherit the earth.
That's a good question....where's heaven?? The meek DO inherit the earth. Let's see what "meek" actually means.....

Definition of MEEK

: enduring injury with patience and without resentment : mild

: deficient in spirit and courage : submissive

: not violent or strong : moderate

I think we should all be striving to be "meek".....do you know what it means to inherit the EARTH???

Old 12-31-2010, 05:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,434,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The wages of sin is death - NOT Life.
......but the gift of God is eternal life.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

John 5:28-30
for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come outthose who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

"he will reward each person according to what he has done:"
  • those who have done good will rise to live (those on his right in Matthew 25)
  • those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. (those on his left in Matthew 25)
The evil are not risen so that they can be:
  • UR ...
  • given the oppertunity to eventually back in the book of life,
  • eventually be born again,
  • risen for God to persaude any and all people to believe
  • so that He is writing names back in
  • back in the book of life.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:23 PM

154 posts, read 178,837 times
lol, ah ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You're new here and you need to do your homework and research old threads for your answers. It's all been answered already. Don't get smart with me, I'm not called Warrior Princess for nothing. I'll give you a break since you're new, this time.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:37 PM

154 posts, read 178,837 times
Wow, now I think I have truly heard it all.

Originally Posted by tdinh
For the UR doctorine believers if everyone can enter into God’s kingdom, what does the following mean?

Matthew 7:21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven"

You state:
Simply once those people eventually do the will of the Father then they will get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Here, let me post the next scripture to tell you otherwise, so you understand in full context:
Matthew 7:22 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Again, there is a separation of those who call on Him, in which they claimed they did things for Him- drove out demons, performed miracles, but most likely turned from truth to wickedness. I say that because one can not drive out a demon besides in know Christ and His name. So, He says, “Away from me, you evildoers!” So no, that is not true based on the following verse.
Quote:

Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."
You state: Simple here. The word translated eternal doesn't mean eternal. Aionios doesn't mean eternal. And to not be forgiven just mean they will pay for such a sin UNTIL it is paid in full.
Let me rephrase, will never be forgiven…ah, ha, again, will never be forgiven. Sorry, I don't need your opinion, I need scriptures.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."
You state: Same as last answer. They will pay UNTIL it is paid in full - no longer.
Let me rephrase, will not be forgiven.. I repeat, will not be forgiven!

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
You state: Again, just means they will have to pay until the debt is paid in full.
I repeat from Matthew, will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. Her in bold: WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN, EITHER IN THIS AGE OR IN THE AGE TO COME. Where does that say it means the debt is paid in full? It does not!

Quote:
John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
You state: Everyone eventually will be.
If that’s true, why even the reference to one can not see His kingdom unless they are born again? Why, because not all will repent and be filled with His Spirit. Jesus wouldn’t draw the line and say one must be if all were to be.

Quote:
So, one does not have to be born again, Jesus is actually joking because everyone, eventually, will be welcomed into His kingdom, and blaspheming the Holy Spirit, is no guilty of an eternal sin that will not be forgiven, and not forgiven in this age or the age to come. Surely Jesus has a sense of humor and His cross will pay for one’s sin’s though they do not accept Him, right?

You state: God is powerful enough to persaude any and all people to believe.
Sure, God is God, He can do anything, except lie, and violate His word. He will not impede one’s direction to follow truth or wickedness.

Quote:

Ok, when God tells Moses the following:
Exodus 32 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”
The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a great sin. But now I will up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31 So Moses went back to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

You state: Everyone has sinned according to God so everyone was blotted out of the book, But since He is WRITING the book that tells us that He is writing names back in. Eventually all shall be back in the book of life.
Wrong again. If one’s name was in His book and He blots it out, where does He state they will be put back in? Because it doesn’t. If one commits a grave enough sin, for example, blaspheming the Holy Spirit, one’s name can be blotted out never to be put back. Everyone has sinned, apart in this life from accepting the cross, what you have is incorrect. Show me where it states we can live in wickedness and in evil and commit a grave enough sin that He will blot out and put back in. You won't.

Quote:

And in Revelation 3:5- “one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

God blotted those out who committed a grave, grave sin against Him and blotted those out of the book of life, in which Jesus says, those who are victorious will never be blotted out. What is the book of life? What does blot mean? If everyone will be welcomed into His kingdom, not necessarily accepting His gift of salvation on earth, but as you suppose, eventually, where did the people go from the Lamb’s book of life? Does the Bible tell of those who are blotted out and put back in because He is so loving? If so, where?

When those of you who believe this, hurry and check google to find something on that and get back to me.
You state: Everyone will eventually be written back into the book that the Lord is WRITING.

Show me scriptures where God put’s peoples name back into the Book of Life, please?You can not.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:16 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,408,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdinh View Post

Matthew 7:21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven"

Show me scriptures where God put’s peoples name back into the Book of Life, please? You can not.
UR can't. It's all an assumption imposed onto the text. One of their major pitfalls....as well as the "apokastasis theology..." that's another wedge.

Not everyone who "says" Lord will enter...that means...not everyone.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,288,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdinh View Post
Wow, now I think I have truly heard it all.

Originally Posted by tdinh
For the UR doctorine believers if everyone can enter into God’s kingdom, what does the following mean?

You state:
Simply once those people eventually do the will of the Father then they will get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Here, let me post the next scripture to tell you otherwise, so you understand in full context:
Matthew 7:22 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Again, there is a separation of those who call on Him, in which they claimed they did things for Him- drove out demons, performed miracles, but most likely turned from truth to wickedness. I say that because one can not drive out a demon besides in know Christ and His name. So, He says, “Away from me, you evildoers!” So no, that is not true based on the following verse.
Quote:

Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."
You state: Simple here. The word translated eternal doesn't mean eternal. Aionios doesn't mean eternal. And to not be forgiven just mean they will pay for such a sin UNTIL it is paid in full.
Let me rephrase, will never be forgiven…ah, ha, again, will never be forgiven. Sorry, I don't need your opinion, I need scriptures.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."
You state: Same as last answer. They will pay UNTIL it is paid in full - no longer.
Let me rephrase, will not be forgiven.. I repeat, will not be forgiven!

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
You state: Again, just means they will have to pay until the debt is paid in full.
I repeat from Matthew, will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. Her in bold: WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN, EITHER IN THIS AGE OR IN THE AGE TO COME. Where does that say it means the debt is paid in full? It does not!

Quote:
John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
You state: Everyone eventually will be.
If that’s true, why even the reference to one can not see His kingdom unless they are born again? Why, because not all will repent and be filled with His Spirit. Jesus wouldn’t draw the line and say one must be if all were to be.

Quote:
So, one does not have to be born again, Jesus is actually joking because everyone, eventually, will be welcomed into His kingdom, and blaspheming the Holy Spirit, is no guilty of an eternal sin that will not be forgiven, and not forgiven in this age or the age to come. Surely Jesus has a sense of humor and His cross will pay for one’s sin’s though they do not accept Him, right?

You state: God is powerful enough to persaude any and all people to believe.
Sure, God is God, He can do anything, except lie, and violate His word. He will not impede one’s direction to follow truth or wickedness.

Quote:

Ok, when God tells Moses the following:
Exodus 32 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”
The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a great sin. But now I will up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31 So Moses went back to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

You state: Everyone has sinned according to God so everyone was blotted out of the book, But since He is WRITING the book that tells us that He is writing names back in. Eventually all shall be back in the book of life.
Wrong again. If one’s name was in His book and He blots it out, where does He state they will be put back in? Because it doesn’t. If one commits a grave enough sin, for example, blaspheming the Holy Spirit, one’s name can be blotted out never to be put back. Everyone has sinned, apart in this life from accepting the cross, what you have is incorrect. Show me where it states we can live in wickedness and in evil and commit a grave enough sin that He will blot out and put back in. You won't.

Quote:

And in Revelation 3:5- “one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

God blotted those out who committed a grave, grave sin against Him and blotted those out of the book of life, in which Jesus says, those who are victorious will never be blotted out. What is the book of life? What does blot mean? If everyone will be welcomed into His kingdom, not necessarily accepting His gift of salvation on earth, but as you suppose, eventually, where did the people go from the Lamb’s book of life? Does the Bible tell of those who are blotted out and put back in because He is so loving? If so, where?

When those of you who believe this, hurry and check google to find something on that and get back to me.
You state: Everyone will eventually be written back into the book that the Lord is WRITING.

Show me scriptures where God put’s peoples name back into the Book of Life, please?You can not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
UR can't. It's all an assumption imposed onto the text. One of their major pitfalls....as well as the "apokastasis theology..." that's another wedge.

Not everyone who "says" Lord will enter...that means...not everyone.
Two great posts! Sadly this debate will continue till Jesus returns, but praise God for those who posts the truth!!!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Two great posts! Sadly this debate will continue till Jesus returns, but praise God for those who posts the truth!!!!!

Perhaps, you would like to explain what the "Kingdom of Heaven" is exactly?
How about you Tdinh, com'on give it a try, Sciotamicks!

If you understand one parable, you should understand them all.

I truly, look forward to your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity