Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 11:57 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Romans 5:18 -19
Therefore as by the offense of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many (all men) will be made righteous.

Perhaps, you will explain what the "Kingdom of Heaven" is exactly?
lol ....
"many" now has to mean "all men" to keep the propaganda delusion alive and then you seriously want explain[ed] what the "Kingdom of Heaven" is exactly?

How about start with the obvious ...... Heaven.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ UR's attitude ////////////

OH NO LORD!!! I the UR'er determines who gets to enter ....... NOT YOU!

You see Lord, only UR'ers know the Father's will ... "many" means "all" .......NOT YOU !

Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdinh View Post
Sure, let's get a few translations and align them up:

who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (NKJV)
for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth NLT)
who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. NIV
who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.ESV

Again, out of context. He wants or desires and also wills...but as he does not push, overcome one's will, to choose. BUt He longs that people will choose Him.
Let's go even deeper. Those translations that you are mentioning are based on the Textus Receptus. Here is what it shows:

1Ti 2:4 ος G3739 R-NSM παντας G3956 A-APM ανθρωπους G444 N-APM θελει G2309 V-PAI-3S σωθηναι G4982 V-APN και G2532 CONJ εις G1519 PREP επιγνωσιν G1922 N-ASF αληθειας G225 N-GSF ελθειν G2064 V-2AAN

The V-PAI tells us this verb is Present Active Indicative.

is INDICATIVE. Therefore, it doesn't mean "desire" it means WILL - it is certainty and leaves no doubt.

1B. THE INDICATIVE MOOD (the mood of certainty and reality).

Englishman's Greek, Chapter 8, The Greek Verb

Old 01-01-2011, 12:02 PM

154 posts, read 179,385 times
That's great you can copy and paste, however, I don't know what your trying to do. Anyhow, again, when scriptures are out of context, it doesn't make sense. Simply just look in the Bible yourself, instead of taking a word like will, desires, and state it is a verb is Present active etc...., It is not hard to understand the meaning of the Bible when, "taken in proper context."

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Let's go even deeper. Those translations that you are mentioning are based on the Textus Receptus. Here is what it shows:

1Ti 2:4 ος G3739 R-NSM παντας G3956 A-APM ανθρωπους G444 N-APM θελει G2309 V-PAI-3S σωθηναι G4982 V-APN και G2532 CONJ εις G1519 PREP επιγνωσιν G1922 N-ASF αληθειας G225 N-GSF ελθειν G2064 V-2AAN

is INDICATIVE. Therefore, it doesn't mean "desire" it means WILL - it is certainty and leaves no doubt.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Save your breath .... you're no more an authority of proper greek than I who can cut and paste

Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Before I came to Christ when I was 21, no, my name was not in the book. WHen I asked Christ into my heart, was filled with the Spirit, I was born from above. Therefore, my name is written in the Book of LIfe.

I did not say one would have to be perfect to enter the book of life, what I am saying, though my name is in it, by commiting a grave enough sin, for example, as in blaspheming the Holy SPirit, my name could be blotted out.
That is not what God told Moses. God told Moses this:

Exo 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

So ANY sin - even 1 is sufficient to be blotted out of the book of life. There is nothing in scripture that says only if you commit a grave sin will you not be saved. It shows that any sin will disqualify you from enter the Kingdom of Heaven. ANY, even 1.

So your OUT of the book of life, so am I. There is only 1 in the book of life. We all will eventually be members of Him, thank God.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
No disrespect, but I am not interested in responses in as much as I am wanting to portray truth of the Word.
Herein, is your problem!

"Giving and Receiving, both require open hands."

...with an openness to be taught, yourself.
...not having your own preconceptions of what truth is based on merely reading a text.
...but actually understanding what the overall context is saying.

You can go back four or five-hundred years and find that the definition of Hell was nothing compared to today's meaning, given the mind-set of Religion.
Many have added and taken away from the truth, turning an age into an eternity, the grave into the underworld of Hades, and the salvation of only a few within the doctrines of men.
Just do to a word search in the original languages, and/or the "Old English" dictionaries, you just might find that they truly differ from today's Webster. Unless of course, you would,
rather not comprehend the differences or the actual truth.

"Let us not store potatoes in the ground, thinking that we will pull out french fries."

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-01-2011 at 12:36 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
That's great you can copy and paste, however, I don't know what your trying to do. Anyhow, again, when scriptures are out of context, it doesn't make sense. Simply just look in the Bible yourself, instead of taking a word like will, desires, and state it is a verb is Present active etc...., It is not hard to understand the meaning of the Bible when, "taken in proper context."
Obviously, I have overwhelmed you with my response. You were not ready to go this deep into understanding the scriptures? Did you think I was just going to pull up translations as you did? After all, I can pull many translations that say "will" just as you can that say "desire". But that isn't how one rationally seeks out the Truth. I just took the bible versions you gave and went to THEIR source and proved that it didn't mean desire. You just disregard that? Now who is the one here teaching others the Truth?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Save your breath .... you're no more an authority of proper greek than I who can cut and paste
This is a fallacy (Argumentum ad hominem). I never claimed to be a Greek authority or attempted to interpret Greek. The interpreations were already made by the professionals. I merely presented them.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,
This is true, so what exactly is the "Kingdom of Heaven?"

Do not avoid the question, answer it, if you can?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
This is a fallacy (Argumentum ad hominem). I never claimed to be a Greek authority or attempted to interpret Greek. The interpreations were already made by the professionals. I merely presented them.
So did I ....... so has Mike, so has everybody that hasn't succumb to Satan's propaganda UR lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity