Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:40 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The true and living God is merciful to the righteous and holy, but He is judgement and wrath for those who won't repent of their sins.
The wrath of God is poured out on the carnal nature of man - understand that this process continues after the "moment of salvation" - it's known as the cross being applied as we follow Him. Just as He was faithful to draw us, He is faithful to continue to burn out the dross of the old Adam.

It's wrong to think that fire is only for the lost - actually it's for the believer. Our God is a consuming fire.

"Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized." (Mark 10:39)

Old 12-29-2010, 04:43 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The wrath of God is poured out on the carnal nature of man - understand that this process continues after the "moment of salvation" - it's known as the cross being applied as we follow Him. Just as He was faithful to draw us, He is faithful to continue to burn out the dross of the old Adam.

It's wrong to think that fire is only for the lost - actually it's for the believer. Our God is a consuming fire.

"Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized." (Mark 10:39)
God has a spiritual fire, the fire of the Holy Ghost, for His people, and it is for their good; but He also has a fire of judgement for the damned.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:48 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The story of the 11th hour worker highlights the unfairness problem that leads ET'ers and Annihilationists to believe such abominations are only just. After all . . . they have labored in the fields most of the day . . . these Johhny-come-lately's (or not at alls) couldn't possibly deserve the same wage. (They think we earn our salvation . . . NOT through the love of Jesus) It is only by NOT understanding UR (and pretending not to see the truth in it) . . . and by misrepresenting what it says . . . that they can justify their rejection of UR. They need a reason to accept the evil about our loving God by believing that ET is somehow just in God's mysterious ways.
That's awesome MysticPhD. You nailed it bro. Another parable relating to what you said is the prodigal son's older brother, he didn't like it either.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The nail in Jesus' hand and feet is the ultimate nail that will doom Satan's lie...

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

• The truth is:
"The Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life,"

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life"

• Satan's universal lie is: (depending on the OP)
"The Father's will (desire) is that everyone (all) shall have eternal life,"
"Believe in the Son is not required to have eternal life .. it doesn't matter"

Satan says"
  • Atheist ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • Muslim ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • Buddhist ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • New Ager ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • Baal ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexual offenders ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
Honestly the reason all will have eternal life is because IT'S NOT FAIR OTHERWISE ..... GOD!

4 words for you twin.spin and this is a biblical fact----->>>>>>>Sowing, reaping, Kolasis aionion.

Not a single UR that I know of believes in the fluffy bunny story you keep trying to nail to the URs.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
God has a spiritual fire, the fire of the Holy Ghost, for His people, and it is for their good; but He also has a fire of judgement for the damned.
Etymology of the Word "Damn"

Now turn to a modern dictionary, and you will see "damnation" defined as "exclusion from divine mercy; condemnation to eternal punishment." In common usage the word has no other sense.

But to say that such is the necessary meaning of the words which are rendered by "damn" and "damnation," is to say what is absurdly and even wickedly false. It is to say that a widow who marries again must be damned to endless torments (1 Tim. 5:12, "having damnation," krima), although St. Paul expressly recommends young widows to do so two verses later on.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:00 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
What's the worst punishment that can ever be done to a person?

A: Crucifixion, and the servant is not greater than his Master.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

tretepp is like the energizer bunny . . . keeps going and going . . . no where.

You meant twin.spin, right?

I just can't fathom why ETers on here keep saying URs believe in a fluffy bunny story. Just because we don't believe Jesus sets humans on fire for eternity?

What kind of justice do they believe in, anyway?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:24 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You meant twin.spin, right?

I just can't fathom why ETers on here keep saying URs believe in a fluffy bunny story. Just because we don't believe Jesus sets humans on fire for eternity?

What kind of justice do they believe in, anyway?
Oops, chalk it up to an almost senior moment.

Yea, just because we believe in an all victorious Saviour, the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Who ransomed all mankind (1 tim.2:6) and based upon that, God will be all victorious in saving all mankind (1 Tim.2:4). But, oh, no! Christendumb can't have God being all victorious! No we can't have Jesus being all victorious! They have to side with Satan and proclaim, along with Satan that God is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooser and Jesus is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooser and that Satan is far wiser than God and Christ and far more powerful than God and Christ. Only then can Christianity be happy when they work with satan in proclaiming the lie.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Oops, chalk it up to an almost senior moment.

Yea, just because we believe in an all victorious Saviour, the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Who ransomed all mankind (1 tim.2:6) and based upon that, God will be all victorious in saving all mankind (1 Tim.2:4). But, oh, no! Christendumb can't have God being all victorious! No we can't have Jesus being all victorious! They have to side with Satan and proclaim, along with Satan that God is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooser and Jesus is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooser and that Satan is far wiser than God and Christ and far more powerful than God and Christ. Only then can Christianity be happy when they work with satan in proclaiming the lie.

That's why, when I was a teenager, I believed in the darkness. I believed that most of this planet was doomed, that darkness won, that evil was much more powerful than good, that life was meaningless, and on and on. I wasn't a pretty sight to behold. Maybe on the outside (), but I was an absolute mess on the inside.

The ET doctrine is an absolute nightmare for those who take it seriously.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:31 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Amen herefornow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity