U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:43 AM

18,237 posts, read 9,030,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyPetunia View Post
NOW is the only time there is -- and I'm grateful for each moment I have.

Often times, we spend way too much time looking at the menu; instead of enjoying the banquet.
Peace, be with you in every breath you take.

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-13-2011 at 12:52 AM..

Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 AM

81 posts, read 87,525 times
Dang, looks like almost everyone has it wrong here. Seven of the most important words in the Bible are "God Created Man In His Own Image". That doesn't mean we look like God, it means we possess the same thought process as God.

This easily explains why early in our humanity God was much harsher than after He sent Christ down here. We, "humanity" were young, and needed correction a bit more than we did as humanity matured.

At this point in humanity, it isn't all that much of a stretch to see why eternal damnation would be a valid penalty, even though it hurts God deeply. Kind of like if we discovered our son or daughter was a serial killer and had to turn them in, even though we knew they faced death. It hurts, but needs to be done. Dang, He made it pretty easy to get to Heaven. Acknowledge Him and don't be an idiot,take responsibility and demonstrate true contrition for our previous poor behavior, and stop it in the future, simple as that. If ya can't do that, well, that's just stupid.

Now this was kinda silly:
"As for me, I choose not to spend my life with an eye towards what awaits me in the afterlife. I choose to believe NOW is the only time there is -- and I'm grateful for each moment I have."
Good to be real grateful now, heheh. Cuz it's gonna really suck later, if ya don't rethink that strategy.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 AM

81 posts, read 87,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Often times, we spend way too much time looking at the menu; instead of enjoying the banquet.
Peace, be with you in every breath you take.

On the other hand . . . if ya don't look at the menu, ya might have no idea what yer actually eating.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 PM

30,410 posts, read 20,147,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Enjoy

Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 PM

13,477 posts, read 21,286,821 times
closed

See sticky at top of Christianity forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or