U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 04:34 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Your world view must be pretty darn narrow if you don't realize that hell has already broken loose on the earth. It may not be right in your backyard YET, but there are wars raging all over the globe, predator drones, political prisoners being tortured regularly, secret wars being carried on by our own government in Pakistan and Yemen and places in South America as well. Out of sight - out of mind I suppose. Looks like hell in parts of Mexico I'd say. Have you ever watched any video footage of life in Liberia? Sick, sick stuff, that is mind blowing. How about the Palestinian occupation under the Israelis? That's some serious tribulation there. And I'm guessing it very well may take a giant earthquake to set all these captives free from their oppressors. But I think we're going to see some seriously bad stuff here on American soil before it comes to a climactic end. We now have China to deal with and all the nations of the earth now despise the American Empire whose tentacles are wrapped around the entire earth.

Oh, and if you think this stuff would be on the nightly corporate owned American news, think again. There is a media blackout in America -- its all dancing with the stars and other bread a circus that is fed to the public here as we have been lulled to sleep while the world suffers. But the news is out there if you are willing to go find it. Try Truthout | Fearless, Independent News and Opinion, democracynow.org, commondreams.org, mediamatters, antiwar.com -- etc....
Mighty excellent post, Heartsong. Good ol' bread and circuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 04:40 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,627,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
don't tell me that, we have a rib roast in the oven, actually it's in "the set it and forget it".
lol

Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM

488 posts, read 868,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Your world view must be pretty darn narrow if you don't realize that hell has already broken loose on the earth. It may not be right in your backyard YET, but there are wars raging all over the globe, predator drones, political prisoners being tortured regularly, secret wars being carried on by our own government in Pakistan and Yemen and places in South America as well. Out of sight - out of mind I suppose. Looks like hell in parts of Mexico I'd say. Have you ever watched any video footage of life in Liberia? Sick, sick stuff, that is mind blowing. How about the Palestinian occupation under the Israelis? That's some serious tribulation there. And I'm guessing it very well may take a giant earthquake to set all these captives free from their oppressors. But I think we're going to see some seriously bad stuff here on American soil before it comes to a climactic end. We now have China to deal with and all the nations of the earth now despise the American Empire whose tentacles are wrapped around the entire earth.

Well, these horrific events you've mentioned are very strongly related to the signs of the times! This disgusting world we are living in is getting worse and worse, people are getting more and more wicked. At the same time there are a lot of people who say "things are not so bad. Jesus is not coming back for a long time". These nay sayers are fulfilling large number of Bible Prophecies without even realizing this... Well these people are so enthralled with this world that they refuse to see the truth. they refuse to see reality. they refuse to see facts. they refuse to see the sings of the times, and the evil itself does not seem bad enough for them. It is simply sad. In a word, sad!
Anyway, You just simply misunderstood what I meant by "hell on Earth". Yes, you are right that many people throughout the world have experinenced "hell on Earth" but what I'm talking about is a total turmoil. No one will be unaffected. A complete economic meltdown, a nuclear warfare, a worldwide earthquake and even more disasters.. These few things are enough for the new world order elite to eastablish their dictatorial system, the system of 666. Once it is established, I just don't have to list these well known and very obvious facts such as the mark of the beast and persecution of christians (more severe than you see in Iraq) etc... On the day of the Rapture, most people will be running around like headless chickens not knowing what has happened, or what to do at all. The world will move into a new phase. This world will never be the same again. Sudden destruction is coming and no-one will be unaffacted. No one will say "okay I will go to work now". NO! There will be chaos and tribulation such as was not since the beginning of time, no, nor ever shall be! People will try to find peace and explanations, but they won't. Many suicides will be committed.. This world is harsh already, but nothing like it will be without the holy spirit, the bride and with God's hand of protection pulled away.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:49 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
[/color]
Well, these horrific events you've mentioned are very strongly related to the signs of the times! This disgusting world we are living in is getting worse and worse, people are getting more and more wicked. At the same time there are a lot of people who say "things are not so bad. Jesus is not coming back for a long time". These nay sayers are fulfilling large number of Bible Prophecies without even realizing this... Well these people are so enthralled with this world that they refuse to see the truth. they refuse to see reality. they refuse to see facts. they refuse to see the sings of the times, and the evil itself does not seem bad enough for them. It is simply sad. In a word, sad!
Anyway, You just simply misunderstood what I meant by "hell on Earth". Yes, you are right that many people throughout the world have experinenced "hell on Earth" but what I'm talking about is a total turmoil. No one will be unaffected. A complete economic meltdown, a nuclear warfare, a worldwide earthquake and even more disasters.. These few things are enough for the new world order elite to eastablish their dictatorial system, the system of 666. Once it is established, I just don't have to list these well known and very obvious facts such as the mark of the beast and persecution of christians (more severe than you see in Iraq) etc... On the day of the Rapture, most people will be running around like headless chickens not knowing what has happened, or what to do at all. The world will move into a new phase. This world will never be the same again. Sudden destruction is coming and no-one will be unaffacted. No one will say "okay I will go to work now". NO! There will be chaos and tribulation such as was not since the beginning of time, no, nor ever shall be! People will try to find peace and explanations, but they won't. Many suicides will be committed.. This world is harsh already, but nothing like it will be without the holy spirit, the bride and with God's hand of protection pulled away.
You're being overly dramatic. Yes, things will probably get worse in the US simply because we are so hated around the world and our government sucks. But as far as the world coming to an end or the Rapture happening it's not going to be for a long time. Things must get a LOT WORSE, you ain't seen nothing yet. Stop dwelling on this and live man.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 PM

things won't get a lot worse before the Rapture. No, The day before the Rapture people will be saying "Peace and safety" and then sudden destruction comes upon them.... Nothing major has to happen before the rapture takes place. Things will get worse all of a sudden, that's why it is called sudden destruction. the signs discussed so many times have happened, and have been happening all around us. This logically means that the event itself is not far in the future. If the rapture were to happen in decades, then the signs wouldn't technically be sings...

Old 12-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You're being overly dramatic. Yes, things will probably get worse in the US simply because we are so hated around the world and our government sucks. But as far as the world coming to an end or the Rapture happening it's not going to be for a long time. Things must get a LOT WORSE, you ain't seen nothing yet. Stop dwelling on this and live man.
sometimes, the truth looks dramatic

Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,414,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Hmmm! I think I was "raptured" out of manmade religion of threats and guilt trips about 10 years ago..

Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,068,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
things won't get a lot worse before the Rapture. No, The day before the Rapture people will be saying "Peace and safety" and then sudden destruction comes upon them.... Nothing major has to happen before the rapture takes place. Things will get worse all of a sudden, that's why it is called sudden destruction. the signs discussed so many times have happened, and have been happening all around us. This logically means that the event itself is not far in the future. If the rapture were to happen in decades, then the signs wouldn't technically be sings...

a-ya nah-dv-ga tsa-du'-li-a hi-ya na-s-gi-ha-i ni-hi, ni-hi a-ga-la-yv-wi...
just more scare tactics and very little to believe.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:01 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
lol
mine's in the crock pot

Old 12-31-2010, 09:03 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakback View Post
threats of punishment, and guilt trips, never drew me to christ.
Maybe i'm just too stubborn and rebellious.

But love?

That worked for me.
amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or