Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
once the rapture takes place, all hell will break loose on earth. it has been discussed for so many times before. it is impossible that someone fails to realize something happened. no one will be unaffected. the world will never be the same again. it is not fear-mongering. even if it sounds scary, this is a fact and the good news is that there is a way to escape. the only way. Jesus! That's why it is so important to turn to him and surrender all to him so that we will be saved out of here...
Revelation - APOKALUPSIS - is a revealing or uncovering of something already present, but hidden. Where do think the Kingdom of God is, pray tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 01:40 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
once the rapture takes place, all hell will break loose on earth. it has been discussed for so many times before. it is impossible that someone fails to realize something happened. no one will be unaffected. the world will never be the same again. it is not fear-mongering. even if it sounds scary, this is a fact and the good news is that there is a way to escape. the only way. Jesus! That's why it is so important to turn to him and surrender all to him so that we will be saved out of here...
Threats of punishment, and guilt trips, never drew me to Christ.
Maybe I'm just too stubborn and rebellious.

But Love?

That worked for me.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Hmmm! I think I was "raptured" out of manmade religion of threats and guilt trips about 10 years ago..

Old 12-31-2010, 02:23 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Jesus saves, a fear riddled rambling vision doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Rapture of what ?
Huh? I didn't mention rapture???????

Old 12-31-2010, 02:25 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Hmmm! I think I was "raptured" out of manmade religion of threats and guilt trips about 10 years ago..
I like that!!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:33 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I was thinking, maybe the rapture already happened and that is why all those former peeps that Finn said used to post here regularly have been missing. How will anyone know whether the rapture occurred and if they were maybe just left behind??? Maybe no one in America will be counted worthy to be taken out before the great tribulation, huh?
Hmmmm......now there's a thought!! Maybe you're right, I mean EVERYONE has "disappeared".....Finn is right. It's unbelievable how many people have disappeared from the Christianity forum since 2006. Maybe it (the Rapture) happened just recently because I've noticed that two people who used to post regularly have disappeared also. Now I'm worried.....

Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Ok. This is also an urgent message from the Son of Man to be ready! He is ready to make his descent and call his sweet bride to his father's house. What a glorious and awesome day it will be, won't it???? The Rapture could take place ANY DAY now. it could be today. it could be tomorrow... so a full surrender is needed! a full-hearted commitment is needed! [color=red]The Lukewarm church will be left. REMEMBER : BE HOLY, AS I AM HOLY! (Lev 19:2) No half-hearted commitment is accepted! Wordly, Lukewarm, Backslidden, Fence-straddling, and compromising Christians must make a choice TODAY! We must watch, pray, repent, surrender, and be on the alert at all times for the Son of Man comes on a day that starts as all days do.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I am so ready to go home I can't wait any longer!! So many people aren't ready though!! Oh well, too bad for them because the signs were in the moon, the sky, the sun, the weather!! You had to be willingly blind and deaf if you didn't see that this year! I remember earlier in the year with the extreme weather patterns thread that alot of people were saying everything is normal. Ha!! You were proved wrong AGAIN!! This year was nothing short of abnormal!! Just evidence of Jesus' return ever closer!!

Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I am so ready to go home I can't wait any longer!! So many people aren't ready though!! Oh well, too bad for them because the signs were in the moon, the sky, the sun, the weather!! You had to be willingly blind and deaf if you didn't see that this year! I remember earlier in the year with the extreme weather patterns thread that alot of people were saying everything is normal. Ha!! You were proved wrong AGAIN!! This year was nothing short of abnormal!! Just evidence of Jesus' return ever closer!!
Seriously? I'm about as ready as I can get for anything but you guys are really trippin'. It's December 31st, and there is nothing that is going to happen today or any other day out of the ordinary like the OP suggests. It's the end of 2010, that's all, that's it. You see what you want to see.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I was thinking, maybe the rapture already happened and that is why all those former peeps that Finn said used to post here regularly have been missing. How will anyone know whether the rapture occurred and if they were maybe just left behind??? Maybe no one in America will be counted worthy to be taken out before the great tribulation, huh?
It really won't take a rocket scientist to know whether someone will be left behind or not. The rapture will not be a quiet event. Every eye will see him and actually see and feel the event. What I mean by feel it is that the rapture will probably be first felt as a worldwide earthquake. Because as soon as the trumpets ring, the dead will rise first out of the ground. Meaning, your going to have millions of bodies of generations of Christians from Earth past rising up through the ground. I imagine that something of that caliber could only be loud, scary, and destructive for folks without Christ in their lives. The only thing is that some people will be sent a delusion from God that they hadn't seen it at all as retribution for their hardened hearts toward him and will accept the antichrist when he immediately comes onto the world scene. But by the same measures, sooner or later will realize their babies and Christian friends and relatives are gone. So eventually, everyone will know if the rapture happened.

This is kinda scary but I recently heard a rumor on a forum that the "antichrist" was already here. Literally. I saw video clips and pictures of the guy that is assumed to be him. I forgot his name but he was of middle eastern descent. I would say his ideologies definitely fit into what I would presume the antichrist' is. What's scary is that muslims are already calling him "the messiah" of their religion. He claims he is not but I guess the world will see about that. I don't really know about any of that stuff. The bible said the man of sin wouldn't be revealed until the holy spirit leaves the Earth. But If I wasn't naive, I would think that this "man" would have to have been born and raised from a child into a man to take on any political or global leadership position of sorts. So even if you are a fundamentalist like me, it's not that crazy to assume that perhaps this antichrist is being prepped to be put into his position as the tyrannical world leader.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:17 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Your world view must be pretty darn narrow if you don't realize that hell has already broken loose on the earth. It may not be right in your backyard YET, but there are wars raging all over the globe, predator drones, political prisoners being tortured regularly, secret wars being carried on by our own government in Pakistan and Yemen and places in South America as well. Out of sight - out of mind I suppose. Looks like hell in parts of Mexico I'd say. Have you ever watched any video footage of life in Liberia? Sick, sick stuff, that is mind blowing. How about the Palestinian occupation under the Israelis? That's some serious tribulation there. And I'm guessing it very well may take a giant earthquake to set all these captives free from their oppressors. But I think we're going to see some seriously bad stuff here on American soil before it comes to a climactic end. We now have China to deal with and all the nations of the earth now despise the American Empire whose tentacles are wrapped around the entire earth.

Oh, and if you think this stuff would be on the nightly corporate owned American news, think again. There is a media blackout in America -- its all dancing with the stars and other bread a circus that is fed to the public here as we have been lulled to sleep while the world suffers. But the news is out there if you are willing to go find it. Try Truthout | Fearless, Independent News and Opinion, democracynow.org, commondreams.org, mediamatters, antiwar.com -- etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity