U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Are Christians happier, less anxious, well adjusted and responsible than nonChristians?
I am a Christian, and I am happier, less anxious, well adjusted and responsible. 11 42.31%
I am a Christian, and I am NOT happier, less anxious, well adjusted and responsible. 1 3.85%
I am a NOT Christian, and the Christians I know appear happier, less anxious, well adjusted and responsible. 1 3.85%
I am a NOT Christian, and the Christians I know do NOT appear happier, less anxious, well adjusted and responsible. 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You do realize you are both looking at different sides of the same subject which neither of you are 100% clear on and only have faith in you personal knowledge which is incomplete in itself. Both of you need to cool off a little, it will be fine.
I have been cool all along. When people dish it out, I just point it out and hope they see their error. When that fails, as it usually does, there is nothing left except prayer.

 
Old 01-01-2011, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,909,322 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have been cool all along. When people dish it out, I just point it out and hope they see their error. When that fails, as it usually does, there is nothing left except prayer.
I know how you feel and so does Mystic, as I said two sides of the same issue blinded by limited knowledge.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I know how you feel and so does Mystic, as I said two sides of the same issue blinded by limited knowledge.
Knowledge of what? My knowlwdge of what I have read here is not limited. As for feelings, - I have no ill feelings. Nothing that is said here can take away my peace and happiness. Sometimes I think that when people realize they lashed out, they hope they are answered in the same, and they are disappointed when it doesn't happen. Believe it or not but several times people have practically begged me to judge them, and call them names.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,388,654 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Knowledge of what? My knowlwdge of what I have read here is not limited. As for feelings, - I have no ill feelings. Nothing that is said here can take away my peace and happiness. Sometimes I think that when people realize they lashed out, they hope they are answered in the same, and they are disappointed when it doesn't happen. Believe it or not but several times people have practically begged me to judge them, and call them names.

Rofl. You're good, Finn.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 07:54 PM
 
37,644 posts, read 25,331,652 times
Reputation: 5864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know what you have told me,so there is no point in denying it. In response I have told you that I am praying for you, and I will continue to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have been cool all along. When people dish it out, I just point it out and hope they see their error. When that fails, as it usually does, there is nothing left except prayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Knowledge of what? My knowlwdge of what I have read here is not limited. As for feelings, - I have no ill feelings. Nothing that is said here can take away my peace and happiness. Sometimes I think that when people realize they lashed out, they hope they are answered in the same, and they are disappointed when it doesn't happen. Believe it or not but several times people have practically begged me to judge them, and call them names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Rofl. You're good, Finn.
It just dawned on me that Finn actually has an agenda that seems to allow him to lie in defense of his "faith." He actually thinks he must defame and denigrate any and all URs . . . using accusations whether true or not . . . by playing the victim and pretending that he is returning love for maltreatment. This is so he can claim URs have no love (being children of the devil). Of course there is no maltreatment . . . but that doesn't seem to deter him. He simply chooses to see maltreatment and then proclaim his martyrdom and righteous responses loudly. I suspect herefornow has seen through this before I did.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It just dawned on me that Finn actually has an agenda that seems to allow him to lie in defense of his "faith." He actually thinks he must defame and denigrate any and all URs . . . using accusations whether true or not . . . by playing the victim and pretending that he is returning love for maltreatment. This is so he can claim URs have no love (being children of the devil). Of course there is no maltreatment . . . but that doesn't seem to deter him. He simply chooses to see maltreatment and then proclaim his martyrdom and righteous responses loudly. I suspect herefornow has seen through this before I did.
You call me a liar, yet you insist you never insult me personally.

You have quite an imagination, but I do not make you display your colors, because you do it all by yourself.

PS I never called you, or anyone, "childen of the devil", but I think you just proved that you wish I someone would talk like you do.

This is the reason why I usually ignore your attempts to engage in discussions with me. It always ends up in smear and insults.

Have a happy new year Mystic.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 PM
 
37,644 posts, read 25,331,652 times
Reputation: 5864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You call me a liar, yet you insist you never insult me personally.
The truth is an absolute defense, Finn. You claimed several times now that YOU have been attacked . . . when it is the belief in ET that has been attacked (LIE). You claimed several times now that we have said that "believers in Christ" are worshiping Satan . . . when it is primitive "believers in Jehovah" (the OPPOSITE of Christ) who are worshiping Satan.(LIE) (A simple comparison of the descriptions of Jehovah with the UNAMBIGUOUS life, death and teachings of Christ should be sufficient to prove this). If you would know the mind of God look to the "mind of Christ" . . . NOT Jehovah.
Quote:
PS I never called you, or anyone, "childen of the devil", but I think you just proved that you wish I someone would talk like you do.
You intend to assert this bald-faced denial when you have repeatedly called UR Satan's lie and those who believe it Satan's children???? Is there no limit to your deceit and dissembling in support of your faith, Finn? Such action is more fitting for a Muslim . . . who at least has the Command of Allah to deceive the infidels as an excuse.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,388,654 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It just dawned on me that Finn actually has an agenda that seems to allow him to lie in defense of his "faith." He actually thinks he must defame and denigrate any and all URs . . . using accusations whether true or not . . . by playing the victim and pretending that he is returning love for maltreatment. This is so he can claim URs have no love (being children of the devil). Of course there is no maltreatment . . . but that doesn't seem to deter him. He simply chooses to see maltreatment and then proclaim his martyrdom and righteous responses loudly. I suspect herefornow has seen through this before I did.

Lying for the faith and being "kind" to people, all the while waiting for the heathen to be judged, is pretty much how fundamentalist Muslims work. Well, actually they blow people up, too, but Finn does this thing where he tries to blow up other people's minds. We all get off track, fight, and then nothing gets accomplished. Scholarly debate is not the tool of the one who wants to prop up tradition.

I care about you, Finn. I do.
 
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The truth is an absolute defense, Finn. You claimed several times now that YOU have been attacked . . . when it is the belief in ET that has been attacked (LIE). You claimed several times now that we have said that "believers in Christ" are worshiping Satan . . . when it is primitive "believers in Jehovah" (the OPPOSITE of Christ) who are worshiping Satan.(LIE) .
You called me a liar and if that is not a direct personal insult, then I don't know what is. Here are your words "It just dawned on me that Finn actually has an agenda that seems to allow him to lie in defense of his "faith."

You called people like me who believe there is hell "Satan worshippers". You know that non-UR people here believe in Christ, so your insult did indeed include believers in Christ. You can't wiggle your way out of it when your words are there for all to see.

Good bye Mystic. I won't be replying to you again. I don't think people come here to read these kinds of exchanges.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-01-2011 at 09:08 PM..
 
Old 01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,909,322 times
Reputation: 624
I just dont know what to say, Mystic and Finn, I just dont know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top