Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Ok, I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean that Faith is not manufactured of ourselves but must be given by God and that Faith is the Faith of Jesus Christ.
You don't have to assume anything if you read my initial reply (post #4).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
Yeah it isn't our OWN faith.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 AM

6,370 posts, read 6,993,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You don't have to assume anything if you read my initial reply (post #4).
So you believe that an increase of Faith can come from yourself. That is co-savior theology. Even the Apostles new to ask Jesus for an increase of Faith. They understood where Faith came from.

Buf if you believe Faith is increased of yourself then that means you believe the Faith is YOUR Faith and not that of Jesus Christ. So what about all those verses that speak of the Faith OF Jesus Christ being the Faith which saves us?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
So you believe that an increase of Faith can come from yourself. That is co-savior theology. Even the Apostles new to ask Jesus for an increase of Faith. They understood where Faith came from.

Buf if you believe Faith is increased of yourself then that means you believe the Faith is YOUR Faith and not that of Jesus Christ. So what about all those verses that speak of the Faith OF Jesus Christ being the Faith which saves us?
Your words, not mine, although you are good at making is sound like I had said them.

Praying to God to give you more faith is considered 'nurturing faith'.

Re-read post #9.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Your words, not mine, although you are good at making is sound like I had said them.

Praying to God to give you more faith is considered 'nurturing faith'.

Re-read post #9.
So you believe that the Faith is from God and that the increase of the Faith if from God. Good!!! I think your getting it.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
So you believe that the Faith is from God and that the increase of the Faith if from God. Good!!! I think your getting it.
I am glad you are getting it. It wasn't a complete wast of time after all. Keep nurturing your faith.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I am glad you are getting it. It wasn't a complete wast of time after all. Keep nurturing your faith.
As God gives it.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
If salvation is dependent upon the perfection of our own faith, then the majority of humanity (if not all people) are eternally damned which is a fallacy.
However, if it depends on the "Faithfulness of Christ" – the author and finisher of our faith, then all will with certainty be saved despite any confusion.

Ephesians 4:13

“until we all come to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.”

Do you walk independently of the Holy Spirit?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If salvation is dependent upon the perfection of our own faith, then the majority of humanity (if not all people) are eternally damned which is a fallacy.
However, if it depends on the "Faithfulness of Christ" – the author and finisher of our faith, then all will with certainty be saved despite any confusion.

Ephesians 4:13

“until we all come to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.”

Do you walk independently of the Holy Spirit?

Many don't believe that Christ is the Author and Finisher. Many think they must do their part towards being saved. They believe in co-savior theology and give theirselves credit for Faith. This thread is meant to dispell such false doctrine and show that BELIEVERS can only believe if God gives them belief.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The key is to not err from the faith. Do not reject what Christ has offered you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity