Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:06 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,690,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Do you really think those walking in the Spirit would talk (as you have) with such a smug tone?
how do you hear a smug tone over the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
that is the "kicker" . . . Isn't it. Do you feel lucky? Sorry . . . Teachers are explicitly told they have a greater burden to bear. If you have anyone today who has been appointed by christ himself . . . I would accept his authority . . .
and I call you out on this STATEMENT ! There is many such men .. But you aren't looking for them either are you?

Old 06-16-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWordofYeshua View Post
The foundation is laid when a person spreads the word. Then we or others build upon it with more preaching. Yahweh does the work in their heart to take out the sin, if they admit their sins, and He draws them near.

You have to not only believe (even Satan believes) but submit to Yahweh by admitting your sins, submit to His Sons teachings, by following the two commandments 1 love and worship only Yahweh, no other false gods, 2 love everyone as you love yourself. If you truly repent with all your heart soul mind and strength then He will forgive and you will be filled with the Holy Spirit and will feel the rivers of living water welling up from the depths of your being and you will know without a doubt you are saved, there's no wondering or hoping you are. It's not only repent but also then convert meaning live a righteous life, no more sinning. Be renewed in the spirit of your mind. Then Yahweh can use you with the gifts to save souls. You dont see many Apostles or prophets because most don't have the Holy Spirit. Very few are truly saved. Its sad. You have to work out your salvation every day with fear and trembling. No such thing as once saved always saved. You can't be saved if you continue to practice sinning. Check out www.doctrineofchristyeshuachurch.com for the truth and can contact pastors with questions. Website is a work in progress. Ask for their statement of faith. Excellent info. And it's not with persuasive words of wisdom but with the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit, so that our faith does not rest on the word of man but on the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit. Yeshua is the word, Yahweh speaks the word, and the Holy Spirit executes the word (puts it into action, makes it happen). You can't be saved or be used with the gifts without the Holy Spirit dwelling inside. The Holy Spirit can't abide in you if there's sin abiding in you. Being used with the gifts is the demonstration part. Its not with persuasive words but the demonstratuon.... And it's a spiritual world we're talking about, and just because you may feel something, does NOT mean it's from Yahweh. You can feel the presence if evil spirits too. But the Holy Spirit dwelling inside, the rivers if living water, that feels like nothing else. You know without a doubt. If you don't feel it, you don't have it. You haven't given up all your sin to the Lord with all your heart soul mind and strength (with every ounce of your being). Your still holding on to something, maybe anger, jealousy, etc. Let it all go!
YES AND AMEN.. THE FOUNDATIONS ARE STILL THE SAME AS 200-2000 YEARS AGO ...

Luk 6:13

And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

THEN

Act 1:26

And they gave forth their lots; and the lot ( SO EVEN BY LOT IT WORKS AND IS BLESSED ) fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

THEN THOSE APOSTLES SAY IN EVER SO MANY WAYS THAT HIS CHURCH IS BUILT ON THIS FOUNDATION ... ..

Rom 16:7

Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
1Co 4:9

For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men."( IS THIS A CRITERIA? OR CONSIDERATION ? AND OF BELIEF .. THESE THINSG FOLLOW THOSE WHO BELIEVE ... ETC) )
1Co 9:5

Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

THEN HE CLEARLY IS STATING THIS IS THE FOUNDATIONS
1Co 12:28

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1Co 12:29

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

BUT THERE IS A ANTI-CHRIST SPIRIT IN THIS WORLD AT WORK AND AND FOLKS PLEASE DON'T FORGET IT
Luk 8:12

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away THE WORD out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Heb 6:12

Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance.

WE ARE TO FOLLOW THE EXAMPLES OF REAL BELIEVERS WHO HAVE THEIR FAITH ON THE LINE..
Mar 16:17

These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.[fn]

SO YEP YOU NAILED IT!

Old 06-16-2018, 01:43 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,072,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is the "kicker" . . . isn't it. Do you feel lucky? Sorry . . . teachers are explicitly told they have a greater burden to bear. If you have anyone today who has been appointed by Christ Himself . . . I would accept his authority . . . If I were convinced that was so. But as soon as what he said departed from what God has "written in my heart" and revealed to me . . . that authority would evaporate. The Holy Spirit within guiding me to what God has "written in our hearts" is the supreme authority for me, period . . . as it should be for everyone who sincerely seeks the truth within . . . not the rationalizations in the "precepts and doctrines of men."

And if The Anointing will remain with you which you have received from him, you do not need anyone to teach you, but as The Anointing who is from God is teaching you about everything, and is true, and there is no falsehood in him, even as he has taught you, abide in him.

Therefore my holy brethren, who are called with a calling from Heaven, consider This Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Yeshua The Messiah,

Those to whom God has chosen to make known what is the wealth of the glory of this mystery among the nations, which is The Messiah, who is in you, the hope of our glory.

There is no way on God's greens earth in this day and age where the falling away is rife within the church that i would submit to any authority other than Christ within.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-16-2018 at 01:59 PM..

Old 06-16-2018, 04:15 PM

63,445 posts, read 39,695,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And if The Anointing will remain with you which you have received from him, you do not need anyone to teach you, but as The Anointing who is from God is teaching you about everything, and is true, and there is no falsehood in him, even as he has taught you, abide in him.

Therefore my holy brethren, who are called with a calling from Heaven, consider This Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Yeshua The Messiah,

Those to whom God has chosen to make known what is the wealth of the glory of this mystery among the nations, which is The Messiah, who is in you, the hope of our glory.

There is no way on God's greens earth in this day and age where the falling away is rife within the church that i would submit to any authority other than Christ within.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:01 PM

8 posts, read 1,948 times
Most churches and pastors don't have the Holy Spirit. The pastors are supposed to be saved/filled with Holy Spirit and know what is going on with their flock/the congregation. Who is cheating, beating, lying, stealing, etc. And he's supposed to confront them, if they don't stop then confront them with 2 witnesses, if doesn't stop then confront in front of the congregation, if still doesn't stop then can't be a member of the church. I don't see that happening anywhere except the church I go to. The two pastors have the Holy Spirit and are used with the gifts. Most people listen on Sunday service and never read bible for themselves. We can't put our faith in men. We have to read it for ourselves, seeking the Lord with all our heart, and He will give us the understanding, there's no need to interpret it.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:00 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,132,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I had recently posted briefly here on CityData a comment about a pastor of a local church who claimed to have "became aware" that God had called him to be an Apostle. He then took out ads on local billboards to announce this "revelation". I wondered today if he was still "at it" with his ministry so I did a google search of his name and found that he has a current blog as recently updated as December 2010. It was like nearly 20 years ago that I concluded that this man was deluded. Even after I was out of this strange church and attending a Baptist congregation, I'd occasionally run into someone from this Assembly of God and they'd always tell me how the Baptists did not have the Holy Spirit, etc.... I'll never forget how much he loved to preach on hell and how he once called me out in the congregation because I could not control my crying at church. Anyhow, here is a recent post of his from his blog:

Totally bogus.....Apostles had to be alive and with the living Christ and witness His ministry....Paul was with the resurrected Lord and given the grace ministry to the Gentiles........

Run far away from anybody claiming to be an Apostle today.......

Old 06-17-2018, 12:28 AM

It's not with persuasive words of wisdom but with the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit so that our faith doesn't rest on the word of man but on the power and demonstration of the Holy Spirit. Evil spirits (or Satan himself) can tell a medium or psychic everything they heard a person say and saw a person do. They are all around us all the time, but we can't see them. (Well, some people can, ill discuss that another time.) They see everything we do and hear everything we say. They fool people ALL THE TIME! A person thinks what a medium says must be from God because no one was around when they did or said something. They're foolish and don't understand someone was around. Demons/evil spirits, they are the angels that followed Satan out of heaven. They heard what grandma told you on her deathbed when no one else was around. They saw you crying about aunt Suzie' s death when no one was home. Etc, etc, etc. Mediums and psychics that really do hear a voice are being fooled by demons. (Or maybe some know its from evil and don't care) People blindly follow the garbage nonsense. They get goosebumps and feel a presence and think it's God or dead uncle joe. They dont realize demons and God are all spirits, living in the spiritual world. You can feel the presence of both. People are constantly fooled. You know someone has the Holy Spirit and is being used with the gifts because the Holy Spirit is the ONLY one who can tell you what's in your heart. And it's not mumbo jumbo stuff like "I see the color blue. I see the letter M. I see a boat." It's clear and straight forward. And sometimes it hurts because the truth cuts deeper than any two edged sword. Sometimes it's "you hate judgmental people yet you yourself are judgmental. You idolize money and power and will go to hell if you don't give back the money you stole and repent and convert. You molested your daughter." Sometimes it's a warning "if you keep emailing back and forth with your ex you will lose the custody battle that you so clearly should win. If you don't stop your sinful ways you will not live long." The judgmental and custody battle ones are personal examples. I let the Lord work in my heart to take out the sinful judgmentalness, but did not head his email warning and lost my 4 little boys i so clearly should have very easily won. And the Holy Spirit will never use someone with the gifts to tell you garbage stuff like "you will become very wealthy very soon. You will be blessed with much wealth this year. Give the pastor $10,000 and you will be blessed" It doesn't work that way. When you hear the true word from a true pastor prophet or apostle you will know it. Until then I would agree it's garbage and just walk away. The true word does not say an apostle had to be alive with Christ. It does say that we are to become like Christ, perfect, without sin, and do more miracles and wonders than He did. Sadly you don't see anyone doing that. So who truly is saved? The word says it will become like the days of Noah again, the world full of sin, sick sexual perversions, everyone following God how they see fit instead of God's way. Only 8 people were saved, noah, his wife, their 3 sons and their 3 wives. God was so angry at the people who did not head His warnings and were so disgusting and perverse that he destroyed them all. The people believed in God, but followed Him however they chose, whatever was convenient for them, just like people do today. Its going to be like that again, only this time with fire and water. Very few will be saved when Yeshua takes up His church (we are the church). If it wasn't for the children babies and fetuses suddenly disappearing people probably wouldn't even notice the rapture happened. If you hear or read something that's not from the bible then it's garbage. Read the bible for yourself. Don't trust the word of mere men. Your faith should not rest on the persuasive words of men. And I believe Paul came after Christ, he was not with Christ. And you know you are saved when you truly repent with all your heart soul mind and strength and are filled with the Holy Spirit, you literally feel rivers of living water from the depths of your being welling up to eternal life. You know without a doubt you are saved. And the Lord will use you with at least one gift at least one time. It depends on your faith. I recommend the NASB new American standard bible amplified by the Lockmam Foundation. No bible is perfect because man messed with it, but that one is the best. Read, pray, and fast a few hours a day (and while reading/hearing the word), to build a relationship with God. He meets us half way, and if you read His word seeking Him with your heart then He will give you the understanding of His word, and you will find Him. No need to interpret. His word says try me and I will show you who I am.

Last edited by TrueWordofYeshua; 06-17-2018 at 12:48 AM..

Old 06-17-2018, 01:02 AM

Yeshua is my rock and my fortress.

Matthew 7:24-27 The Two Foundations
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26 Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it

Old 06-17-2018, 06:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,063,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWordofYeshua View Post
It's not with persuasive words of wisdom but with the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit so that our faith doesn't rest on the word of man but on the power and demonstration of the Holy Spirit. Evil spirits (or Satan himself) can tell a medium or psychic everything they heard a person say and saw a person do. They are all around us all the time, but we can't see them. (Well, some people can, ill discuss that another time.) They see everything we do and hear everything we say. They fool people ALL THE TIME! A person thinks what a medium says must be from God because no one was around when they did or said something. They're foolish and don't understand someone was around. Demons/evil spirits, they are the angels that followed Satan out of heaven. They heard what grandma told you on her deathbed when no one else was around. They saw you crying about aunt Suzie' s death when no one was home. Etc, etc, etc. Mediums and psychics that really do hear a voice are being fooled by demons. (Or maybe some know its from evil and don't care) People blindly follow the garbage nonsense. They get goosebumps and feel a presence and think it's God or dead uncle joe. They dont realize demons and God are all spirits, living in the spiritual world. You can feel the presence of both. People are constantly fooled. You know someone has the Holy Spirit and is being used with the gifts because the Holy Spirit is the ONLY one who can tell you what's in your heart. And it's not mumbo jumbo stuff like "I see the color blue. I see the letter M. I see a boat." It's clear and straight forward. And sometimes it hurts because the truth cuts deeper than any two edged sword. Sometimes it's "you hate judgmental people yet you yourself are judgmental. You idolize money and power and will go to hell if you don't give back the money you stole and repent and convert. You molested your daughter." Sometimes it's a warning "if you keep emailing back and forth with your ex you will lose the custody battle that you so clearly should win. If you don't stop your sinful ways you will not live long." The judgmental and custody battle ones are personal examples. I let the Lord work in my heart to take out the sinful judgmentalness, but did not head his email warning and lost my 4 little boys i so clearly should have very easily won. And the Holy Spirit will never use someone with the gifts to tell you garbage stuff like "you will become very wealthy very soon. You will be blessed with much wealth this year. Give the pastor $10,000 and you will be blessed" It doesn't work that way. When you hear the true word from a true pastor prophet or apostle you will know it. Until then I would agree it's garbage and just walk away. The true word does not say an apostle had to be alive with Christ. It does say that we are to become like Christ, perfect, without sin, and do more miracles and wonders than He did. Sadly you don't see anyone doing that. So who truly is saved? The word says it will become like the days of Noah again, the world full of sin, sick sexual perversions, everyone following God how they see fit instead of God's way. Only 8 people were saved, noah, his wife, their 3 sons and their 3 wives. God was so angry at the people who did not head His warnings and were so disgusting and perverse that he destroyed them all. The people believed in God, but followed Him however they chose, whatever was convenient for them, just like people do today. Its going to be like that again, only this time with fire and water. Very few will be saved when Yeshua takes up His church (we are the church). If it wasn't for the children babies and fetuses suddenly disappearing people probably wouldn't even notice the rapture happened. If you hear or read something that's not from the bible then it's garbage. Read the bible for yourself. Don't trust the word of mere men. Your faith should not rest on the persuasive words of men. And I believe Paul came after Christ, he was not with Christ. And you know you are saved when you truly repent with all your heart soul mind and strength and are filled with the Holy Spirit, you literally feel rivers of living water from the depths of your being welling up to eternal life. You know without a doubt you are saved. And the Lord will use you with at least one gift at least one time. It depends on your faith. I recommend the NASB new American standard bible amplified by the Lockmam Foundation. No bible is perfect because man messed with it, but that one is the best. Read, pray, and fast a few hours a day (and while reading/hearing the word), to build a relationship with God. He meets us half way, and if you read His word seeking Him with your heart then He will give you the understanding of His word, and you will find Him. No need to interpret. His word says try me and I will show you who I am.
Try using your own words to explain what you believe instead of copying the words of others from a book..

Isn't this cut and paste plagiarism?

Not the Impossible Faith - Page 395 - Google Books Result

https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0557044642

Richard Carrier - 2009 - ‎Religion

My message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in a demonstration of the spirit and of power, that your faith should not rest on the ... and says instead that the miracles of the Holy Spirit are all he came with, and all that God ... Miracles and revelations and the Apostle's word were always sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity