U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:40 AM

20,587 posts, read 22,744,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWordofYeshua View Post
Most churches and pastors don't have the Holy Spirit. The pastors are supposed to be saved/filled with Holy Spirit and know what is going on with their flock/the congregation. Who is cheating, beating, lying, stealing, etc. And he's supposed to confront them, if they don't stop then confront them with 2 witnesses, if doesn't stop then confront in front of the congregation, if still doesn't stop then can't be a member of the church. I don't see that happening anywhere except the church I go to. The two pastors have the Holy Spirit and are used with the gifts. Most people listen on Sunday service and never read bible for themselves. We can't put our faith in men. We have to read it for ourselves, seeking the Lord with all our heart, and He will give us the understanding, there's no need to interpret it.
Without interpretation, how do we learn?

"We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 07:35 AM

4,030 posts, read 974,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWordofYeshua View Post
Yeshua is my rock and my fortress.

Matthew 7:24-27 The Two Foundations
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26 Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it
amen and amen again! it won't let me rep.. and I can't find anyone elses that I think Jesus would approve of anyway , or that in anyway agree with scriptures .. as soon as I can find anyone else on this whole christian section that I can rep.. I 'll BE BACK! ;P

Old 06-17-2018, 08:19 AM

21,280 posts, read 20,893,921 times
I thought this thread wore itself out seven years ago.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:32 AM

782 posts, read 296,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I had recently posted briefly here on CityData a comment about a pastor of a local church who claimed to have "became aware" that God had called him to be an Apostle. He then took out ads on local billboards to announce this "revelation". I wondered today if he was still "at it" with his ministry so I did a google search of his name and found that he has a current blog as recently updated as December 2010. It was like nearly 20 years ago that I concluded that this man was deluded. Even after I was out of this strange church and attending a Baptist congregation, I'd occasionally run into someone from this Assembly of God and they'd always tell me how the Baptists did not have the Holy Spirit, etc.... I'll never forget how much he loved to preach on hell and how he once called me out in the congregation because I could not control my crying at church. Anyhow, here is a recent post of his from his blog:

An apostle? Really?

According to history there have been only two men, count 'em two men, who stated openly and with any sort of authority that they were apostles. Only two.

St. Paul of Tarsus

- Paul claimed in scripture many times to be an apostle of Christ. Strangely no other ministering disciple of Jesus ever made the same claim about themselves. Over the centuries there have been many scholarly statements made in opposition to both Paul's claims for himself as well as his teachings and authority. Most of these arguments have been made in closeted secrecy since the bulk of Christians hold Paul in greater respect than Jesus. He has certainly been quoted more often than the Son of God and has been credited with more success at building the church than any other man of his generation.

[Caution] Make no statement or remark disparaging St. Paul's claims to be an apostle or you will find yourself censored or ostracized.

Mohammad of Mecca

- The Holy Prophet and founder of the faith of Islam is said to be the apostle of Allah. According to the Qur'an the words of the Prophet [pbuh] and apostle of Allah are to be obeyed. Although the words of mullahs, muftis, ayatollahs and other leaders of the faith are quoted more often, the office of Apostle is held only by Mohammad.

[Caution] Make no statement or remark disparaging Mohammad's [pbuh] claims to be an apostle or you will find yourself censored or ostracized or physically punished.

Protestant wannabes

- This type of character operates on the lunatic fringe of Protestantism. Such men and women often claim to be some high level potentate of the Kingdom of Heaven. It usually doesn't take long before the world discovers their feet are really made of clay, their morality is questionable, and that their words contain a rather high concentration of bovine excrement.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 06-17-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I thought this thread wore itself out seven years ago.
its the seven year resurrection plan

Old 06-17-2018, 12:03 PM

21,280 posts, read 20,893,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
its the seven year resurrection plan
Duh! Silly me!

Old 06-17-2018, 02:30 PM

8 posts, read 611 times
I use the true word (the bible) to explain what the bible says. God Yahweh Elohim does not mind, in fact we are all called to preach the word to save souls.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5
Paulís Reliance upon the Spirit
2 And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, 4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:49 PM

17,753 posts, read 8,888,287 times

Old 06-17-2018, 02:54 PM

8 posts, read 611 times
Theres no need for interpreting because God gives you the understanding. We dont go by dreams anymore, that was old testament, cant mix old and new, thats anti-Christ, you nagate Christ if you still go by old testament or mix the old with new. God gives you the understanding if you read it with a good heart, truly seeking Him with your heart. You won't be confused anymore. Old testament is good history and still important but we live by grace, new testament. The only dreams from God are prophetic dreams about you and God, like I had a dream there were a ton of people at my mom's house and I was fervently yelling for everyone to go inside because something evil was coming, the sky was getting dark red, closer and closer, i knew we would be safe inside (not just because its obviously safer in shelter) but because i felt this tremendous faith, i didnt know what was coming and i didnt know why we would be ok if we went inside, i just knew. Some people listened and we went inside, some didnt. The darkness came and passed by. When it left, the ones inside were fine, the ones outside were dead. I didnt believe in God before this dream. I thought faith was foolish, stupid, how can you have faith in something you cant see, religious people are nut jobs. For the first time in my life i completely felt and understood faith. He tries to reach us, sometimes through a dream. He showed me having faith, preaching, saving souls, fervently with all my heart desperately wanting to save every soul. But if a dream is weirdo stuff then it's from Satan or his demons, ignore it, it means diddly squat. You have to be very careful with dream stuff, most are nonsense.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Duh! Silly me!
kind of like the seven year itch I have been told...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity