U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 AM

352 posts, read 477,247 times

Advertisements

Is it safe to say that we are done discussing the historical possibility of the Exodus actually occurring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,730,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
Is it safe to say that we are done discussing the historical possibility of the Exodus actually occurring?
Not really, Nero. I think Eusebius prefers the sidetracking on semantics and I actually dont mind.

If you have anything you would like to add, please feel free to share.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You still haven't got your facts straight. And I'm supposed to take you as credible?

No reason whatsoever. I'm sure you have a credible scientific proof he lied?

Neither the writer nor the readers took Genesis as fantasy. It was never meant to be fantasy.

Whatever.

Really? And you have scientific proof the Hebrews just made everything up in the Bible?

No, it doesn't prove it true but lack of evidence does not prove it is not true.
Wow! Just wow!

Let me get back to the regularly scheduled program.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,473,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Wow! Just wow!

Let me get back to the regularly scheduled program.
So, Insane, what are the facts concerning Elijah which you alluded to? Where is your credibility?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
So, Insane, what are the facts concerning Elijah which you alluded to? Where is your credibility?
Did I mention any "facts" about Elijah? I only said that you believe in a book that has a story about him flying off into the sky in a fiery chariot and YOU take that as fact because the bible says so. You prefer to believe Elisha was telling the truth (even though Elisha, as far as we can tell, did not write the story and writing it would not have exactly make it a fact per se).

Now if the Bible states the exact location where this takeoff took place, I'll call up a couple of scientists and see if they can go over there to scientifically try to NOT prove that it happened.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
By the way, I am not sure I recall you even addressing one point in the OP other than to discard everything. At least you could have come up with a, "well, god controls nature so he may have used nature to bring fulfill his plan. The writer just got a little carried away at the end there."

Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM

My first post was regarding the OP and I didn't "discard everything" as you suggest.

So, what are the facts about Elijah?

Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
My first post was regarding the OP and I didn't "discard everything" as you suggest.

So, what are the facts about Elijah?
How did this become facts about Elijah?

Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
How did this become facts about Elijah?
Check your earlier posts. #45 to be precise. You brought him into the discussion.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Check your earlier posts. #45 to be precise. You brought him into the discussion.
I mentioned him as an example of a wild Biblical story we are to take on face value. I was not seeking facts about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity