U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-02-2011, 06:16 PM

34,680 posts, read 12,067,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The Bible says the wicked shall be consumed. (of course this is allegorical).

Psa 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
The Psalm does not speak about after-life. It simply states that enemies of God will perish, and if you read the whole chapter you will see David talks about wicked people:

The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.
15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 PM

5,496 posts, read 2,756,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Psalm does not speak about after-life. It simply states that enemies of God will perish, and if you read the whole chapter you will see David talks about wicked people:

The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.
15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.
I disagree, but I have many verses to choose from. Here is another:

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM

3,552 posts, read 2,885,111 times
Quote:

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

................10.... BECAUSE THEY DID NOT RECEIVE THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH SO AS TO BE SAVED.

Simply put, they are Annihilated. Destroyed. Consumed.

Is there a part 2 for those people? Nope! They are judged, then gone.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 PM

3,371 posts, read 1,948,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
................10.... BECAUSE THEY DID NOT RECEIVE THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH SO AS TO BE SAVED.

What do you think Daniel is talking about when he speaks of God raising everybody back up for aionion life or aionion punishment? I'm guessing you think they will be allowed to live for 1000 years and then destroyed if they don't want to exist anymore?

So much for clay.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM

7,301 posts, read 2,484,847 times
Quote:
And what the Spirit perfectly unites; no man can separate.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

See Finn_Jarber, HotinAZ believes they are consumed also.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM

This thread is one of the most powerful indicements of Eternal torment that I have started. The subject is much more constricted in how it can be intepreted and is a trap for the ETers. Mike (the usual ETer slinger) has pretty much been slow to respond here verses others threads. I hope he wakes up and re-engages along with the other disbelievers. After all, we need them here. We need them for our own gain that we might produce fruit.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
We need them for our own gain that we might produce fruit.
That is the scariest thing I have read yet on this forum.

Producing fruit, is going out and proclaming Christ THROUGH YOUR actions, deeds and words. Gaining converts to UR is NOT one of them. People will come to UR if they are led to. There have been many who have gone this way, which I believe now to be wrong, but there are many who are coming to Christ based upon other's beliefs in their actions. Even good ol ET, which I disagree with besides for the devil and his angels.

This isn't some sort of contest. Proclaim your beliefs, as we do ours, and let the people come to Him on their own time, as the Spirit leads. If they follow, then they will come into the Truth. If not, then the devil will have at their hearts, and chew them up.

Follow NO man. Follow the Spirit.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
What do you think Daniel is talking about when he speaks of God raising everybody back up for aionion life or aionion punishment? I'm guessing you think they will be allowed to live for 1000 years and then destroyed if they don't want to exist anymore?

So much for clay.
Read Daniel 12:1-3. Slowly, and let the Spirit awake you.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 AM

34,680 posts, read 12,067,732 times
Quote:

It talks about what will happen to Satan during the 2nd coming. The 'wicked' here is 'the lawless one', and he will be revealed and overthrown. You are arguing simply for the sake of arguing and throw in any out of context verse you can find and hope it works. I am not going to play this game with you, expecially when you say you do this 'for your own gain'.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-03-2011 at 06:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity