Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 PM

32,941 posts, read 26,170,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The early church didn't have NT writings (and that may explain why their faith was so strong). The apostles may have taught, but the gospel went out into all the world, and obviously the apostles were only in limited places.
As I said, what we have in the N.T. scriptures is what was taught by the Apostles to the various churches. And as the Apostles wrote their letters which went into the N. T. they were circulated (individually) to the various churches. The early church had the scriptures. First verbally, and then they as they were written, the letters were sent to the different churches.

Quote:
When we exalt the Bible above God, we commit idolatry. That is what you are teaching, idolatry.
The Bible is the word of God. It is His message to man. It is the textbook which the Holy Spirit uses to teach believers the doctrines that God expects believers to know and live by.

No, I am not teaching idolatry. Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word which proceeds out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).

When you dismiss the importance of the Bible you blaspheme God.

Quote:
When you receive the Holy Ghost, you will begin to KNOW God personally, and the scriptures will make more sense to you.
NO YOU WILL NOT. Knowing God requires understanding the doctrines of the word of God. Every believer is indwelled by God the Holy Spirit, but most believers know very little about God. The Holy Spirit only teaches the believer what has been transferred from the Bible into the soul of the believer under the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Apart from the Scriptures, the Holy Spirit will NEVER teach the believer anything about election, predestination, the dispensational nature of God's plan, or any of the other doctrines of the word of God. The doctrines of the word of God are NOT the doctrines of men.

Quote:
The "sound doctrine" that Paul preached was the doctrine of salvation of the world through Jesus Christ. Not what is taught in churches today, which is no more than man's doctrines of separation. Each denomination excludes the others. What does that tell you? It tells you that Christendom is LOST. It does not know the Love of God, because if it did, it would not condemn it's neighbor whom God sent His only Begotten Son to save.
The sound doctrine that Paul as well as the other writers of the New Testament wrote are found in the Epistles. The gospel is for unbelievers. The doctrines of the New Testament Epistles are for church-age believers.

Now, pertaining to Paul's letters, here is what Peter had to say.

2 Peter 3:15 'and reqard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you. 16] As also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17] You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness, 18] but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity, Amen.

Quote:
So I dismiss YOUR doctrine, not the doctrine of what Paul taught, which is the salvation of the world which Christ accomplished at Calvary.
You are free to reject whatever you want. You do indeed reject what Paul and the other apostles taught. You have no idea what they taught because you dismiss the Bible as unimportant. You have encouraged people on other threads not to study the Scriptures.

And as long as you reject the doctrines of the New Testament Epistles, you will never know God. You may or may not be saved. But you have very little knowledge or understanding of God and His plan.

Quote:
The Bible won't cause you to know God. Only the Spirit can do that, Mike. We need the Living Spirit of God in us, not more Bible study.

Blessings,
brian

To the contrary. It is ONLY through the Bible that the believer can know God, because the Holy Spirit only teaches you what has been transferred under His teaching ministry from the Bible into your soul. The Holy Spirit does not teach you anything apart from regular consistent study of the word of God.

As I said, you have the right to believe what you want. But your beliefs are wrong. And I strongly advise you to sit yourself down and study some basic Bible doctrine, as you are sorely in need. I have given you access in the first post to sources of sound doctrinal teaching. Now you can take advantage of the opportunity that has been given to you, or you can toss it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You can start from the beginning from where you learned what you teach if you like. But as with anyone who posts weblinks none of that demonstrates that it is right, it is only relaying where you get your information.

None of that changes anything, you got to a point with your doctrine on this forum that is a contradiction to what you expect of everyone else.

If anyone who disagrees with you proposed a "Safe" assumption, you'd be all over them for not using the word of God to demonstrate a point, yet, you find yourself doing just that because you know good and well that your assertions damn little babies to hell, and since that is contrary to your spirit and what you believe of Gods nature (and you are right about that) you allow yourself that assumption to make yourself feel better about it. But the truth is not found in your doctrinal beliefs, or you would not find it necessary to have a "safe" assumption in the first place.

For the record, I think it is spiritually healthy to speculate about what could be, but not at the expense of knowing it is only done to carry a falsehood.

It is not surprising then you go back to the beginning hoping that incident will go away. For the record, if all your links have only added up to your safe assumption, then they are not worth the mouse click to check them out. Others of course can make up their own mind, but that by observation is where I see it.
There is no incident to go away. If you aren't able to understand what I said, then you aren't. And the fact that you feel it necessary to make posts such as this demonstrates a certain hostility in you.

And babies do not go to hell. Nor does anyone who dies who never developed the mental ability to be able to conceive of the existence of God. God only holds responsible to make a decision concerning Christ those who are able to come to the point of God Consciousness.

As I told another poster on this thread, you are free to believe what you want and to reject what you want. You have the opportunity to expose yourself to some sound basic fundamental orthodox doctrine. Do with it as you will. I will not waste my time arguing with you.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Please don't put words in my mouth and make assumptions about what I said.

This means that a person is born as a dichotomous being.
He is born with a body and soul, but without a human spirit.
At the moment a person believes in Christ for salvation the Holy Spirit creates a human spirit and places it into the person who has believed.

Such dichotomous views defy the complexities of individuals (body, soul and spirit) and stifle the potential for people to reveal different dimensions of themselves in various settings.

(Partial quote by Sara Lawrence Lightfoot – emphasis added)

Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. The word of God is the Christian diet. The more you eat and digest, the more you grow.
Yes. When a believer has confessed his known sins to God as per 1 John 1:9, he is in fellowship and under the control of God the Holy Spirit and able to assimulate and metabolize Bible doctrine into his soul for application to the circumstances of his life and the advance to spiritual maturity.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Such dichotomous views defy the complexities of individuals (body, soul and spirit) and stifle the potential for people to reveal different dimensions of themselves in various settings.

(Partial quote by Sara Lawrence Lightfoot – emphasis added)

The unbeliever is dichotomous, having only body and soul.

The believer is trichotomous, having body, soul and human spirit. It is though regeneration - being born again through faith in Jesus Christ that the human spirit is acquired.

It is to the human spirit that God imputes his eternal life.

Titus 3:5 'He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.

Adam was created trichotomous, but died spiritually when he sinned. Thereafter, everyone is born dichotomous, without a human spirit.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,917,441 times
Quote:
There is no incident to go away. If you aren't able to understand what I said, then you aren't. And the fact that you feel it necessary to make posts such as this demonstrates a certain hostility in you.

And babies do not go to hell. Nor does anyone who dies who never developed the mental ability to be able to conceive of the existence of God. God only holds responsible to make a decision concerning Christ those who are able to come to the point of God Consciousness.

As I told another poster on this thread, you are free to believe what you want and to reject what you want. You have the opportunity to expose yourself to some sound basic fundamental orthodox doctrine. Do with it as you will. I will not waste my time arguing with you.

There is no hostility, that is an invention on your part. I understood what you said plainly and realize that you do not speak truth because of your double standard.

To admit that you cannot find a scriptural precident for what you proposed and then declare it a safe assumption and that safe assumption allows you then to declare that all you teach is therefore in scripture demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You can make all the claims you like and post all the weblinks you feel necessary and it doesn't change any of that.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:

The only thing dichotomous within you is that of good and evil; and the potential to do either of them, unless you walk in the Spirit.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
There is no hostility, that is an invention on your part. I understood what you said plainly and realize that you do not speak truth because of your double standard.

To admit that you cannot find a scriptural precident for what you proposed and then declare it a safe assumption and that safe assumption allows you then to declare that all you teach is therefore in scripture demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You can make all the claims you like and post all the weblinks you feel necessary and it doesn't change any of that.
As I said, I will not waste time arguing with you. Your statement in the second paragraph is false. What you state in the last half of your statement has nothing to do with the first part of the statement. It is you who don't know what you are talking about.

Now none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread. Keep your accusations off of this thread.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:

The only thing dichotomous within you is that of good and evil; and the potential to do either of them, unless you walk in the Spirit.
To the contrary. The unbeliever has no human spirit and is therefore a dichotomous being. Spiritually dead.

Believe what you want. But I suggest your avail yourself of the opportunity to learn some basic Bible doctrine.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:57 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,999,472 times
Quote:

Mike do babies go to hades?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity