U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:11 PM

20,402 posts, read 15,769,729 times

Advertisements

I am amazed, though not surprised, at the utter lack of even the most basic knowledge of Bible doctrine displayed by most believers, not only on this forum, but believers in general. Most believers are spiritually ignorant. And yet, the believer is commanded to 'Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth'. The believer is commanded to 'grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ'. 2 Tim 2:15 and 2 Peter 3:18.

Well, probably the best thing I can do is to direct those who are interested in good solid basic fundamental Bible doctrine, to where they can get it. Some Christians are in Churches where the pastor is prepared and does teach sound doctrine. Most churches do not have such pastors.

So for those who are interested, here are some sound doctrinal churches. They are non-denominational, independent local churches.

Fundamentals : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX This takes you directly to the basics audio classes. Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX And this takes you to the home page for classes other than the basics.

Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries / Grace Bible Church - bible doctrine truth in Christ

Grace Fellowship Church, Plainville, MA - Pastor Rickard

Class Catalog - Joe Griffin Media Ministries

Austin Bible Church Home Page

These are a few doctrinally sound churches which will be of great spiritual benefit to those who are positive toward the word of God.

Most people on this forum probably won't even bother to check them out. They won't even be interested. Some may feel inclined to make rude comments. But maybe someone somewhere will have found what they are looking for. I hope so.

Because of City-Data rules, I can't really give descriptions of these churches, so you will just have to go into them if you care to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:23 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,395,894 times
Well, I want to do the best thing as well. Honestly. With all my heart. So here are a few good links on what the early church believed and what the original scriptures taught, not what men believed and taught hundreds of years later because they did not want to let go of their traditions.

Jesus saves all mankind, the truly Good News, Christian universalism--Ultimate Reconcilation--Doctrine of Inclusion--Restitution of all--glorious gospel--Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ

Biblical Universalism: Universal Salvation, as taught in the Greek text of the New Testament

BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM: The Purest Expression of the Gospel!

Other Christian Universalism Websites

Martin Zender - The World's Most Outspoken Bible Scholar

The Restitution of All Things

L. Ray Smith - Exposing Those Who Contradict

Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 PM

7,899 posts, read 6,723,870 times
Keep up the good work and don`t get discouraged with the lack and rude comments that can go on , resist the proud nature and Jesus will bless you with many ideas and good works , We all need Jesus in you to bring the Truth is this lost and dying world...... I`m blessed what Jesus is doing through you.....

Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,395,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Keep up the good work and don`t get discouraged with the lack and rude comments that can go on , resist the proud nature and Jesus will bless you with many ideas and good works , We all need Jesus in you to bring the Truth is this lost and dying world...... If blessed what Jesus is doing through you.....

I'm trying not to get discouraged, hljc. It is very hard working against thousands of men who sound like they know what they are talking about.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:57 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,596,140 times
Nice list, Herefornow -

There are more places on-line as well. One that I thought of is:
http://www.saviorofall.com

I am sure I may edit/add to this list as I think of others.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:58 PM

418 posts, read 919,233 times
Thanks Mike triple nickel for sharing this information.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 PM

37,742 posts, read 25,423,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm trying not to get discouraged, hljc. It is very hard working against thousands of men who sound like they know what they are talking about.
Trust me, herefornow . . . they don't. They are immersed in the "precepts and doctrines of men" under a cloud of obfuscation and refusal to even question the nature of this God they purport to be proclaiming. They have such convoluted and twisted explanations to try to merge the unambiguous example and message of Jesus about the TRUE NATURE of our loving God . . . with the heinous descriptions and primitive ignorance of our ancestors beliefs about the nature and motives of God. The result is a quagmire of intellectual gobbledegook that is unconvincing even to an eight year old! Yet they retain this ancient ignorance all in the name of Faith.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
Thanks Mike triple nickel for sharing this information.
You're welcome. I hope you find it useful.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Keep up the good work and don`t get discouraged with the lack and rude comments that can go on , resist the proud nature and Jesus will bless you with many ideas and good works , We all need Jesus in you to bring the Truth is this lost and dying world...... I`m blessed what Jesus is doing through you.....
Thanks hljc. I appreciate it.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM

21,341 posts, read 21,042,974 times
Personally, I think that the best thing any of us can do on this forum is treat one another with the kind of Christian charity Jesus taught -- meaning that we should be respectful of one another and recognize that differences of opinion do not make any of us more or less loved by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity