U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 AM

5,513 posts, read 4,426,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I will never stop speaking about the Lord's return as long as I live. It doesn't matter if it's now, next week, or years off into the future. I will never stop believing he's coming soon because he commanded me, as Christian man, to watch for his return. And I will do this until I die. Am I going to repent if it doesn't come true? Of course! I repent everyday! As for repenting because of I thought he was coming back, for what reason when I'm doing exactly what he said to do? I didn't cast a date when I believed he was returning. I said I think he is coming back this year. And I said I wasn't 100. It's just speculation based on many different factors and observations of the chaos going around the planet.

Why I pay attention the Lord's return? Because he said so.

Matthew 24:42
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Stop twisting my words - repent for you deceptive and lying ways. And your smilie face does not absolve you of this tactic.

You have taken my criticism and turned it into a generalization about telling you to stop paying attention to the Lord's return - BS - you were very specific in when this was going to take place (2011) based on some fuzzy bible math and then you try to make me out to be the one with the problem.

My point was very clear about what to stop paying attention too - a child could understand.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 PM

12,654 posts, read 14,699,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Amazing how it's so simple and easy and makes total sense and yet you aren't supposed to know when it's going to happen.
But the Bible says it will be sealed up UNTIL THE END TIMES. I don't know if I believe it will happen in 2011, but I do believe that at the end it will be possible to know if you know what to look for. I also am not sure it will happen exactly the way we think it will.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 AM

16,119 posts, read 20,237,723 times
I've been scoping my neighbors houses so I can move in on May 22nd, it'll be great without them

Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,590,729 times
I saw the billboard from a certain Christian organization that says the "Bible" garauntees that May 21, 2011 is the day... and right under it is the web address... of course. Ok... "the Bible garauntees it hunh"? Sure. It's statements like that that will turn even more people away from God if nothing happens. Of course nothing will happen on that date, in my opinion.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 AM

45 posts, read 88,013 times
Except that Israel is not recognized as a nation today but rather as a "state". Words matter here and there is a difference between the two. Wikipedia and any encyclopedia will tell you this.

Please refer to Genesis 32:28 to discover what Israel symbolizes.

Quote:
Yes people!! Something tells me this is the year!! Jesus said we would not know the day nor the hour but he never said we couldn't know the season!!

1948 (beginning of prophetic timeline when Israel became a nation) + 70 years (a generation) = 2018 (second coming of Christ) - 7 (years of tribulation) = 2011( the rapture of the church)!!!! I'm not 100% but I think it is!!!!

Get your houses in order, repent for your sins, and pray that you are counted worthy to escape with him because he is returning!! You don't want to be left behind!! Disasters and catastrophes will keep happening and the ungodly world will keep wondering why. But we as children of God know why! I don't know about you guys but I feel like we are in on some huge secret that the abominable world knows nothing about! Yes, I am awaiting that special day we take out very last flight in the sky. How amazing! Do you wonder what it will feel like our last day on Earth?! I can't even imagine what day that is or what it will feel like! I do figure that before he returns, it will be a dark and cloudy day full of thunderstorms. Probably a worldwide thunderstorm. Based on testimonies I have heard, many people have said that in their visions they saw dark black clouds and a funnel formed for the saints to be raptured in. How exciting is that?!

You know, usually I give no credence or attention to prophecized dates or years such as May 21, 2011. But I was recently watching a video where an old man was pointing out this simple prophetical timeline I failed to miss all these years. It's so simple and easy and most importantly makes total sense. The prophecized events are already happening. BEEN happening. So there's nothing left to my knowledge that would stop Jesus from coming. Perhaps God is waiting for more unsaved to come to him before he tells Jesus it's time. I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. But we need to be ready. Our families need to be ready. We need to spread the word! I urge you to search the internet for various testimonies on Christians on who had visions and dreams of the rapture. There's something to learn from each testimony. And the common theme is that Jesus is returning soon. As a Christian, you cannot forget this basic golden rule he said to watch for. We DO NOT want to be left behind. God bless to you all!!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,187,921 times
Nobody is going anywhere.

The "man made rapture" will come and go.

You're stuck here till you die.

Sunday when you're at church, remember that.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:34 PM

21,439 posts, read 29,621,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nobody is going anywhere.

The "man made rapture" will come and go.

You're stuck here till you die.

Sunday when you're at church, remember that.
I agree the rapture will not happen Sat, but it will happen, the Bible teaches this, so remember that if you're still here when a lot a people are suddenly gone.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,418,381 times
Quote:
The fact that I tell people to repent for their sins because Jesus is returning make me somehow wrong? The fact that I tell people the consequences of their sin - which is Hell (which I didn't create nor did I damn them to anywhere ) makes me wrong? You are the one who is wrong thinking your going to be saved without repentance. Your allegations make no sense. I'm not a prophet. Never said I was one. You just jumped in on what Herefornow called me and seem to think that's what I said I was when I didn't. Nobody damns anyone to Hell or to be left behind. The world does themselves when they decide to reside in sin and serve Satan. That is why God flooded the whole Earth the first time around and only repentant Noah and his family survived. I do not choose to live by the world's standards or corrupt morals. I choose God. And I'm not going to lie on his behalf by telling new believers that there is no punishment for their sins. That is why most people on Earth will be getting left behind. Repent for your sins, believe Jesus is the son of God and he died on the cross for your sins, and you will be taken to Heaven and not left behind. It's really that simple to be saved and all found in the Bible. But of course you think I made all of this up for my own sick pleasure and enjoyment.
And all of this sounds like a Greek myth yet no one bats an eye?

Old 05-21-2011, 06:44 AM

26,461 posts, read 14,047,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Paul said it was in Romans 1:8 and 16:25-26.
What was considered by them as the world then?...

Old 05-21-2011, 01:23 PM

5,513 posts, read 4,426,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What was considered by them as the world then?...
HMMM!!! I thought they were speaking by the Holy Spirit? I guess those parts are not inspired - just opinions. Next time I need to seperate the two I'll come to your most noble interpretations. When it says that the gospel has gone into the whole world and to every nation and that this was spoken by an apostle, filled with the Holy Spirit, recorded in the inspired infallable Word we are to suppose a personal human mistake or opinion, without any indication other than an after the fact ad-hoc realization that they were wrong. But When Jesus speaks that the gospel must start at Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and then to the utter most parts of the world he refers it to what we would think of today.

It never ceases to amaze me of the interpretive power of wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity