U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Maybe you are right, but Jesus didn't even try. If he had given a speech and told a parable or two, at least some people might have listened to him.

Personally, I think he's just letting all the wicked get purged out of the system. So, there's no arguing with him in the end.

Humanity: Maybe this government will work, maybe this program will work, maybe I'll allow myself to think these thoughts and it won't matter, maybe, maybe, maybe.........

God: Uh-huh.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM

13,465 posts, read 21,214,758 times
Allen, I respect your zeal for God, but just hear the words of one who has lived through close to 70 years of prediction after prediction that "This is the year"..Christ never told us the year, the date or even the century of His return. He said He did not know..that only the Father knows.

The "signs" you and others are looking at are nothing out of the ordinary that has happened again and again in our past..I was born at the beginning of WW11..The world didn't end, I was very much alive during the Korean conflict, the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Viet Nam,, etc, etc and also endured many earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunami's, starving people, ruthless dictators and the world has survived and so have I.

It just is not believable that so many people claim to know, or feel, or have figured it mathematically even though Christs words say "I don't know"

What a wonderful message of Christ's love and the Fathers grace and mercy you and so many others could be bringing to those who want to know and feel the love of God if you would just let His light shine through you. Let people know His love, not the wrath you seem to be longing for Him to bring to the unbelievers.

Love is what draws people to Christ, not fear.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2011 at 09:53 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 09:37 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,418,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

Miss Blue, you speak the truth!
He who has an ear, hear what the spirit says...

Blessings...

Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,010 times
Quote:
Allen, I respect your zeal for God, but just hear the words of one who has lived through close to 70 years of prediction after prediction that "This is the year"..Christ never told us the year, the date or even the century of His return. He said He did not know..that only the Father knows.

The "signs" you and others are looking at are nothing out of the ordinary that has happened again and again in our past..I was born at the beginning of WW11..The world didn't end, I was very much alive during the Korean conflict, the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Viet Nam,, etc, etc and also endured many earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunami's, starving people, ruthless dictators and the world has survived and so have I.

It just is not believable that so many people claim to know, or feel, or have figured it thematically even though Christs words say "I don't know"

What a wonderful message of Christ's love and the Fathers grace and mercy you and so many others could be bringing to those who want to know and feel the love of God if you would just let His light shine through you. Let people know His love, not the wrath you seem to be longing for Him to bring to the unbelievers.

I wish I could rep.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 AM

6,652 posts, read 7,121,955 times
Quote:

It just is not believable that so many people claim to know, or feel, or have figured it mathematically even though Christs words say "I don't know"

Great post! It is so sad seeing well meaning Christians focusing on the wrong things. They think that it is up to us to save ourselves, when it is all about what Jesus did.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,573,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Miss Blue, you speak the truth!
He who has an ear, hear what the spirit says...

Blessings...
That's For sure! @--->--->----

Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,224,274 times
the only thing I would say is that God promised Abraham as many descendents as there are stars in the sky,and as many as there are in the dust in the earth.
Given what we know of the vast cosmos now...are we there yet?? It seems we would still have quite a ways to go?
the earth pop. is going to reach 7 billion soon.idk how many ppl have been born in all as of now,but it's an interesting question,imo.
what's the estimate of the no. of stars in the sky? I would presume they would also include those unseen,as Abraham could not have possibly been privy to veiwing 7 billion + stars in the night sky.

is it even possible for one planet to produce one person equal to every single star in the sky?
my only other thought is that God included the Millenium in that count as well...who knows how many will be born then.

any thoughts,facts or figures?

no. of stars in the sky vs. no of humans born since Abraham's time. (?)

Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 AM

351 posts, read 283,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Yes people!! Something tells me this is the year!! Jesus said we would not know the day nor the hour but he never said we couldn't know the season!!

1948 (beginning of prophetic timeline when Israel became a nation) + 70 years (a generation) = 2018 (second coming of Christ) - 7 (years of tribulation) = 2011( the rapture of the church)!!!! I'm not 100% but I think it is!!!!

Get your houses in order, repent for your sins, and pray that you are counted worthy to escape with him because he is returning!! You don't want to be left behind!! Disasters and catastrophes will keep happening and the ungodly world will keep wondering why. But we as children of God know why! I don't know about you guys but I feel like we are in on some huge secret that the abominable world knows nothing about! Yes, I am awaiting that special day we take out very last flight in the sky. How amazing! Do you wonder what it will feel like our last day on Earth?! I can't even imagine what day that is or what it will feel like! I do figure that before he returns, it will be a dark and cloudy day full of thunderstorms. Probably a worldwide thunderstorm. Based on testimonies I have heard, many people have said that in their visions they saw dark black clouds and a funnel formed for the saints to be raptured in. How exciting is that?!

You know, usually I give no credence or attention to prophecized dates or years such as May 21, 2011. But I was recently watching a video where an old man was pointing out this simple prophetical timeline I failed to miss all these years. It's so simple and easy and most importantly makes total sense. The prophecized events are already happening. BEEN happening. So there's nothing left to my knowledge that would stop Jesus from coming. Perhaps God is waiting for more unsaved to come to him before he tells Jesus it's time. I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. But we need to be ready. Our families need to be ready. We need to spread the word! I urge you to search the internet for various testimonies on Christians on who had visions and dreams of the rapture. There's something to learn from each testimony. And the common theme is that Jesus is returning soon. As a Christian, you cannot forget this basic golden rule he said to watch for. We DO NOT want to be left behind. God bless to you all!!

allenk893 even if your times are correct why do you think Jesus will "rapture" his elect out of the tribulations. Jesus does not take trials and tribulation away from his followers he puts them through great trial and tribulations. That is what causes them to judge themselves and change and become stronger disciples. Look what Paul and the other apostles went through, beating, stoning,jail,ship wrecks, sickness, and other things that we would cry out for relief from. That is Jesus using trial and tribulations to temper his elect and bring them through the "firey trial" so they will be spiritually stong and able to not only judge men but judge the angels also.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,903,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Herefornow,
I think with fundamentalist Christians, you're always dealing with a double standard because while they damn the whole world to hell on a regular basis, they never hesitate to say that all their mistakes, sins, fibs, etc... are covered, or as many of them like to say, "under the blood"..... So the blood of Jesus is handy for them to say anything they like or act anyway they want, whereas they count that same blood as unworthy for those who don't know what they believe. Pretty incredible is it not?
Do you mind? I am a fundamentalist Christian and I do not damn anyone to hell. I do share the Word with the world and if they wish to reject the Word then that is on them. Yes I am covered by the blood of Christ and yes I can do just about anything and still be clean but what would that profit me or others? Nothing. I try to abstain from sin and when I dont I repent, I even repent for the things I dont know about. So stop Labeling Fundamantalist as if they evil, you do realize that what you just said is bad fruit so pick up some good fruit and share with everyone else.

What we need to focus on is the salvation of everyone and not when we are raptured. The rapture will be as a theif in the night and from what I have heard people are already making excuses for when the actual rapture comes so no one will believe the warnings or even think the rapture was of God.

Last edited by RobinD69; 01-04-2011 at 08:28 AM..

Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM

271 posts, read 295,851 times
Quote:
He loves believers and I love him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity