U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM

6,234 posts, read 9,528,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
allenk893 even if your times are correct why do you think Jesus will "rapture" his elect out of the tribulations. Jesus does not take trials and tribulation away from his followers he puts them through great trial and tribulations. That is what causes them to judge themselves and change and become stronger disciples. Look what Paul and the other apostles went through, beating, stoning,jail,ship wrecks, sickness, and other things that we would cry out for relief from. That is Jesus using trial and tribulations to temper his elect and bring them through the "firey trial" so they will be spiritually stong and able to not only judge men but judge the angels also.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If caught up meant anything else, to meet the Lord in the air couldn't have been more direct. The rest is pretty much self explainatory. The church will not be left behind to suffer like the unbelievers. That's one of the gifts and blessing of believing in Christ. There's a rumor that you even get a crown for watching for his return.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: please do not use RED font as it is for mod edits

Old 01-04-2011, 02:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,825,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Yes people!! Something tells me this is the year!! Jesus said we would not know the day nor the hour but he never said we couldn't know the season!!

1948 (beginning of prophetic timeline when Israel became a nation) + 70 years (a generation) = 2018 (second coming of Christ) - 7 (years of tribulation) = 2011( the rapture of the church)!!!! I'm not 100% but I think it is!!!!

As a Christian, you cannot forget this basic golden rule he said to watch for. We DO NOT want to be left behind. God bless to you all!!
On 03/02/09 I stated:

"Anybody who says the rapture is going to happen @ (whatever year), are indeed predicting, prophesying the return of Christ.

It doesn't take much of a mathematician to add 3.5, 7 or 1000 to the year to get the approximate date of the second return of Christ.

Going around and saying that rapture is going to happen in the year "_______" is not Biblical."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Allen, though you may good intentions...Milleniumism is still the practice of putting the return into some time line based on some worldly event.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 PM

15,908 posts, read 9,659,183 times
If and when it happens, whether it be 2011, 2012... or 2025 or ____________( insert any other year here) I just hope that it's quick, painless, and that I'm with my family. Other than that, I realize at some point it's going to happen. It could be in my life time, or maybe not. But I'm not going to dwell on it, and will continue to enjoy life as best as I can while I am still here. If it is true, then we won't know when it's coming anyway, and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:55 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,904,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
He is just trying to warn everyone June not condemn.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,225,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
the only thing I would say is that God promised Abraham as many descendents as there are stars in the sky,and as many as there are in the dust in the earth.
Given what we know of the vast cosmos now...are we there yet?? It seems we would still have quite a ways to go?
the earth pop. is going to reach 7 billion soon.idk how many ppl have been born in all as of now,but it's an interesting question,imo.
what's the estimate of the no. of stars in the sky? I would presume they would also include those unseen,as Abraham could not have possibly been privy to veiwing 7 billion + stars in the night sky.

is it even possible for one planet to produce one person equal to every single star in the sky?
my only other thought is that God included the Millenium in that count as well...who knows how many will be born then.

any thoughts,facts or figures?

no. of stars in the sky vs. no of humans born since Abraham's time. (?)
o comon' now....I was hoping for some thoughts here...

??? any???

Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,225,411 times
Quote:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If caught up meant anything else, to meet the Lord in the air couldn't have been more direct. The rest is pretty much self explainatory. The church will not be left behind to suffer like the unbelievers. That's one of the gifts and blessing of believing in Christ. There's a rumor that you even get a crown for watching for his return.
I think it's more than a rumor. I also think we cast them at Jesus' feet though,we don't keep them,if I'm not mistaken.which is fine by me.

Last edited by SC122; 01-05-2011 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 01-06-2011, 10:34 AM

910 posts, read 1,044,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Allen, I respect your zeal for God, but just hear the words of one who has lived through close to 70 years of prediction after prediction that "This is the year"..Christ never told us the year, the date or even the century of His return. He said He did not know..that only the Father knows.

The "signs" you and others are looking at are nothing out of the ordinary that has happened again and again in our past..I was born at the beginning of WW11..The world didn't end, I was very much alive during the Korean conflict, the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Viet Nam,, etc, etc and also endured many earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunami's, starving people, ruthless dictators and the world has survived and so have I.

It just is not believable that so many people claim to know, or feel, or have figured it mathematically even though Christs words say "I don't know"

What a wonderful message of Christ's love and the Fathers grace and mercy you and so many others could be bringing to those who want to know and feel the love of God if you would just let His light shine through you. Let people know His love, not the wrath you seem to be longing for Him to bring to the unbelievers.

Love is what draws people to Christ, not fear.
Miss Blue,

Looks like am reading a different Bible from you. Jesus said he did not know the end of the world or judgment day, not his coming. They are different events. Hope this helps?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 AM

910 posts, read 1,044,764 times
Quote:

Where is the air, my friend? Haven't you read about the spirit of the air in scripture? Do they mean cloud? You probabaly have misinterpreted that verse. The air means the world.

'who are those arrayed in white? ... they are those who came out of a great tribulation....' Go figure

Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM

351 posts, read 283,433 times
Quote:

It does not say it will be before the tribulation. Of course Christ will come and call his elect but it does not say they will avoid the trial. I believe they will suffer more than most, again to temper them and stregthen their faith and resolve. Remember Christ said "you will be hated of men for my sake" (paraphrase) All who are true followers of Christ will suffer persecution.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,688,179 times
Quote:
Something tells me this is the year!!

Yeah, we hear that every year from someone. Although I am glad you said "something" because you know good and well God didn't tell you.

As long as your alive, you can say this every year and perhaps one of those times I suppose you could be right if it happens in your life time. How insightful you must feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity