U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,311,447 times

Advertisements

After the Cross, instruction for our benefit, on the enemy of our souls, and how to do warfare in the name and power of God, by taking the whole armor of God upon us:
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in the heavens/epouranios.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Jesus cast the demons out of the demonized Gaderenes who dwelt in the tombs, who were out of their minds with the "legion" of demons tormenting them. The demons recognized Jesus because they know what Enoch wrote of Him, and of His being God, come in flesh, and their judge -and their judgment at the appointed time.
They acknowledged that they have a legal right, from God, to roam earth and to torment mankind until the appointed time of their casting into the Lake of Fire, where they will be tormented themselves, forever, by the Satans. They requested and received permission to enter a herd of 2,000 swine, who immediately committed suicide by drowning.
Quote:
Mat 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the [appointed] time?
Demons, disembodied nephillim spirits, the unclean, foul spirits, are allowed to roam earth, tormenting, afflicting, seducing [which is the curse], the sons of men until their appointed time of their judgment, when they will be gathered up [as the tares of earth] and cast into the Lake of Fire, at the return of Jesus to reign, when He removes all things that offend out of His ransomed kingdom, for the earth's Sabbath Rest of the Millennium.

Quote:
The Creation of Unclean Spirits
Enoch 15:

8"And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. 9Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called.
10As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.

11And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences.

12And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them."
16 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement— thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated.
But the demons -and the Satans- cannot curse a human being without cause, as Solomon wrote:
Proverms 26:2
Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, So a curse without cause shall not alight.

For those who need help: Derek's teaching will help, by the authority of the anointing of the Holy Spirit, to identify your problem areas that have allowed the curse in your life, and instruct you how to be free in Jesus' power and name. For Jesus came to set captives free, who belong to Him, by the power of His Word.
Quote:
Luk 4:36 And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word [is] this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:22 PM

30,279 posts, read 20,017,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Gospel accounts were written after the Cross, for our instruction.

Paul says to forgive, and not be ignorant of Satan's devices -after the cross, this is instruction for us:

Mat 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Mat 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors/torturers, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Satan is your carnal mind, and that is where spiritual warfare is fought. So the believers responsibility is,casting down the imaginations of it and bringing every thought contrary to the knowledge of God to the obedience of God.
For example if my mind try's to tell me after hearing what you have said in regards to blessings and curses, that i have a curse or i am cursed, i check it against the knowledge of God within me(because ultimately i want to agree with God), which tells me i am blessed and not cursed, so i bring that thought that opposes the knowledge of God to obedience to it.Or if my mind tells me i'm poor , i bring that thought to obedience by declaring i am rich, and so on.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:54 AM

17,835 posts, read 8,909,234 times
Out of the same mouth of man proceeds blessing and cursing; my brethren, these things ought not to be so.
Does a fountain send forth at the same place, sweet and bitter water?

"Drinking from the reservoir of a fountain pen is trusting in the faucets of men without the Spirit of Truth."

Old 01-08-2011, 02:53 AM

1,218 posts, read 738,563 times
Default The Truth

Shalom...in the battle for your mind, or prayer is for the love of Christ to overcome every thought that, whether real or imagined is a curse. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you The Peace of His Christ...

Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Drinking from the reservoir of a fountain pen is trusting in the faucets of men without the Spirit of Truth."

I like that

Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOhODrm67k

The adversary seeks to devour unstable souls. Jesus wants to set captive souls free from the curse of being taken captive by the devil, at the devil's will.

2Pe 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2Ti 2:26 And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh.For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

The warfare happening is right between our lug holes and nowhere else.

As a man thinks in his heart so is he.We need to cast down all the vain imaginations, and every thought we have that contradicts the knowledge of God.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in the heavens.

The day we grasp that the heavens and the earth are not outside us, but either within our carnal nature or in our spiritual mind, we will no longer be fighting imaginary demons that we think are hovering out there, somewhere in the sky.

You will find all the above nowhere else but in our carnal nature

Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Mar 3:27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bvPm3nUF0

Old 01-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Jesus is the strong man that defeated the devil on his own patch

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil, and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.Hebrews 2:14-15

The fear of death and the curse that is associated with death is defeated,to think otherwise is to remain in fear and to bring upon yourself the very thing you fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or