U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:19 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,306,503 times

Advertisements

Eph 4:27 Neither give place/topos to the devil. topos 1) place, any portion or space marked off, as it were from surrounding space
a) an inhabited place, as a city, village, district

We are in a warfare as long as we dwell in these Adam flesh bodies. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but are mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, and we are given the power through the Holy Spirit to overcome the Devil, whose kingdom of darkness rules over this world, in this age, until Jesus returns.

The prince of this world is Satan, until Jesus Christ takes His great power unto Himself and cleanses this world of all that offends, at the time of His coming to reign for the thousand year Sabbath.

Until we are born again in Christ, we are all "children of wrath", by receiving the evil temptations of the Devil and making him the owner of our souls, with comfortable lodging within.
As the New Man, Jesus overcame every temptation of Satan, and therefore, Satan never had any claim in Him. We, on the other hand, have allowed the Devil to have "something in us" -the claim for our souls, when we have received his temptations within, and acted upon them.
The three categories of temptation common to the human race are:
1 the lust of the flesh
2 the lust of the eyes
3 the pride of life.

All these three were what caused the Adam race to fall in the firstborn father, when he was tempted, and ate the fruit which looked good and desirable to the eyes, tasted the fruit with the flesh, and sought to live forever as "god". The temptation to be "as god" was a total deception, because Adam was made to be in fellowship with God, as a son of God, and to live forever, glorified with the Glory sons of God have.
But in the fall, Adam lost that glory, and became a total ruin, which is why we, the seed of Adam, wear clothes, to cover the shame of our nakedness as a ruined vessel/temple, originally made for the Glory, but forever defiled.

The ransom of our souls, by the Atonement promised, was planned from before the foundation of the world, so that we could be remade vessels, regenerated/adopted into the One New Man living Spirit, and get the Glory indwelling which Adam lost, when the Adam vessel became irrevocably defiled.
We are all born dead in Adam, in defiled vessels of clay, but given the promise of Life in Christ, planned from before the creation to come, and who is come in flesh of second Man creation, to be our Redeemer/Kinsman.
The Second Man was tempted, and overcame all temptations in the three categories of temptation that are common to all men/Adamkind.
1 the lust of the flesh turn these stones to bread;
2 the lust of the eyes -worship me and I will give you all these kingdoms and their "glory";
3 and the final one, the pride of life, through His beloved disciple, Peter, related in Matthew 16 -
Mat 16:21
From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Mat 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Jesus overcame all the temptations in their categories which are common to man, and which give Satan the advantage over the souls of men/Adam persons, and Satan never had anything in Him. He alone was "perfect" and took our sin debt upon Himself so that we could take His perfect nature upon ourselves by His adoption of us into His One New Man Living Spirit.

Being born again in Spirit -if we are- we then have the New Man nature and the New Man nature is Christ in us by the Adoption; but we are not yet adopted in body, for which we wait in hope of, and we commanded are to die daily [take up the cross for our Adam nature to be always crucified with Christ, by] after the manner of men/Adam, in not giving place to Satan to have dominion over us.
"Resist the devil and he will flee from you", says the womb brother of Jesus, James:
Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
But if you have not resisted, then he has place in you, and you must repent, and be set free from the chains of bondage he holds you captive in.

Jhn 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 10:27 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,585,744 times
Yeshuasavedme... I find it very interesting that nothing Satan is throwing at you here is phasing you one bit and you are completely focused. We can learn alot from you. Blessings to you in the name of Yahushua. Please, pray for me, I am cleaning house right now. I would be honored to have you agree with me in prayer for the next few days. You know.

Happy Sabbath.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 AM

30,182 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Jhn 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
He also can find nothing in the believer or unbeliever........all he can do is lie to us, and tell us we are cursed or have a curse, or that God is against us because of sin.

God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting menís sins against them. 2 Cor 5

The only folk counting sins against those who don't believe and come to think it those that believe too,are those who have not understood what Jesus accomplished.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,306,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Yeshuasavedme... I find it very interesting that nothing Satan is throwing at you here is phasing you one bit and you are completely focused. We can learn alot from you. Blessings to you in the name of Yahushua. Please, pray for me, I am cleaning house right now. I would be honored to have you agree with me in prayer for the next few days. You know.

Happy Sabbath.
PM me

Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 AM

Whether you are believer or unbeliever, i encourage you to reject any speech from christians that would accuse you of sin, that would claim you are a sinner, that you are cursed or under a curse and that God is against you because of it. You are redeemed from the curse and God is not counting your sin against you. This is the good news.

where are they? Has no one condemned you?” John 8:10. Jesus said this to the woman caught in adultery before he said go sin no more to her, he also said these living words to her under the Old Covenant,so how much more today does he have the authority to say this to you under the New Covenant,put into effect through his own blood ?.

Under the New Covenant

For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
PM me
YEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,569,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Jesus cast the demons out of the demonized Gaderenes who dwelt in the tombs, who were out of their minds with the "legion" of demons tormenting them. The demons recognized Jesus because they know what Enoch wrote of Him, and of His being God, come in flesh, and their judge -and their judgment at the appointed time.
They acknowledged that they have a legal right, from God, to roam earth and to torment mankind until the appointed time of their casting into the Lake of Fire, where they will be tormented themselves, forever, by the Satans. They requested and received permission to enter a herd of 2,000 swine, who immediately committed suicide by drowning.
Demons, disembodied nephillim spirits, the unclean, foul spirits, are allowed to roam earth, tormenting, afflicting, seducing [which is the curse], the sons of men until their appointed time of their judgment, when they will be gathered up [as the tares of earth] and cast into the Lake of Fire, at the return of Jesus to reign, when He removes all things that offend out of His ransomed kingdom, for the earth's Sabbath Rest of the Millennium.

But the demons -and the Satans- cannot curse a human being without cause, as Solomon wrote:
Proverms 26:2
Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, So a curse without cause shall not alight.

For those who need help: Derek's teaching will help, by the authority of the anointing of the Holy Spirit, to identify your problem areas that have allowed the curse in your life, and instruct you how to be free in Jesus' power and name. For Jesus came to set captives free, who belong to Him, by the power of His Word.
My suspicion is always aroused when people appear to be shilling for "specially anointed ministers". Why? Because so many men have turned the peddling of God into a business, a money making enterprise - there are countless examples of it. I just don't believe that those following Christ should set up camp and hang out a shingle. It doesn't set right with my inner witness of truth. Your post seems to be promoting a man. But of course I cannot pass judgment on you or him, not being able to see everything as God sees it. But I just wanted to say why I'm suspicious of "healing" ministries. That's all.

Heartsong

Old 01-08-2011, 11:34 AM

It's a very sad thing to know that many believers won't make it, just like Christ said, because they practiced lawlessness. He's the one who said it, not me.

He also said, Go and sin no more or something WORSE will happen to you.

John 5:14 (King James Version)

14Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

John 5:14 (New Living Translation)

14 But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, “Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you.”

That's straight from the master himself. Grace and forgiveness is there, but sin still causes curses and more bad things to happen in our lives.

www.myspace.com/yumpac (Invitation Blog)

Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
It's a very sad thing to know that many believers won't make it, just like Christ said, because they practiced lawlessness. He's the one who said it, not me.

He also said, Go and sin no more or something WORSE will happen to you.

John 5:14 (King James Version)

14Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

That's straight from the master himself.

www.myspace.com/yumpac (Invitation Blog)
You have just condemned yourself by your interpretation of that verse.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:41 AM

Matthew 7:23-25 (New Living Translation)

23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ Building on a Solid Foundation

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock.

http://www.myspace.com/yumpac/blog/537194093
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or