U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:11 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,570,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The reason we believe in curses in my opinion, is because we do not believe the total victory Jesus accomplished through his death, burial, resurrection and ascension to glory.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Galatians 3:13-14

We are redeemed from the curse, christianity without realizing it,is handing out the curse.
:c rying:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM

30,192 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
:c rying:
Unfortunately Heartsong i believe it to be true. Everything negative, such as sin,death and condemnation,organized christianity is holding the world responsible and accountable for.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,306,503 times
Introduction to Blessings and Curses -How to be Released From the Curse.

Media Player - Derek Prince Ministries

Derek Prince Ministries : Release from the Curse Study

Quote:
It’s appropriate to turn to Galatians 3:13–14 as a basis for this message. Galatians 3:13–14:

“Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one who hangs on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,381,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Excellent post.

Remember being a newbie christian when The Exorcist came out....yikes. Glad those days are over with.
Thank you, Zero 7. I've just seen to much superstition. I hate to see the church go back into the dark ages, and I'm wondering if the Pentecostal/Holiness/Charismatic type churches are headed that direction. It's spreading in Africa, it's spreading in parts of America, and I just think it's absolutely horrible. There is enough superstition out there. The church does not need to add to the confusion.

Anybody and anything can hold power over us if we believe it can, and that includes things we can't understand ("supernatural").

Our brains are quite powerful, and science is only now starting to understand some of this. Focusing on things that are dark, scary, "demonic," weird, and demented (mythological hells), will only drive those who feel out of control into further chaos and confusion, and it will lead to even more powerful leaders who can easily sway those under them into some pretty ridiculous things. This is why the Spirit tells us to focus on things that are good, pure, and holy at all times.

I'm afraid the church is in a bad place right now.

Last edited by herefornow; 01-04-2011 at 05:16 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM

3,803 posts, read 4,806,945 times
believing God sends curses on us and proclaiming to be christian do not go hand in hand----if one believes this than they do not know HIM----would someone curse a child they love????

Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
believing God sends curses on us and proclaiming to be christian do not go hand in hand----if one believes this than they do not know HIM----would someone curse a child they love????
Yes, God sends curses upon His people who do not keep the Covenant that they were bound to by their ancestors. That is Bible. Read Deut 28, and those curses are generational, to the third and fourth generations, and are self perpetuating, until they are broken in the name and power of the LORD Jesus Christ.

There is no way that a curse can come upon any individual born in Adam unless God has permitted it for the reasons God states in His Word, for "the curse without cause does not come".

This biblical teaching at the link is about how to be released from the curse, and is specifically for those people who know, or suspect, that there is a curse upon their lives.

The teaching is biblical that Derek Prince is giving, and is for freedom for Believers who are held in bondage, without recognizing why they have issues.

Others, who do not belong to the LORD have curses upon their lives, too, but this is for Believers, who will receive deliverance based on the doctrines of the Gospel of Christ, as revealed and taught in His Word.

Examples of evil doings against my own birth family could fill a book; after my dad got involved in anti-Christ eastern religion and rejected Jesus Christ as LORD, there was no end to evil happenings in our family, and they still go on, but for us in the family, who have been redeemed and set free, the curses are ended and we are most blessed. Even the family members who are not yet Christians know that there is a difference between the non-believers lives and the believers lives, in the curses of the one and the blessings of the others. After these many years, it is plain to all, and the difference is the power of God in us, blessing us, and the power of darkness in the others, cursing them.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Biblical Examples
Media Player - Derek Prince Ministries

Quote:
both curses and blessings can be transferred or transmitted by objects, by physical objects. So it is not always just a question of words. To take a very simple example: In the communion that we celebrate as Christians, Paul says the cup of blessing which we bless is it not the communion of the body of Christ? So, through that cup, which is a physical object with the wine in it, God transmits to us a blessing.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,381,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Yes, God sends curses upon His people who do not keep the Covenant that they were bound to by their ancestors. That is Bible. Read Deut 28, and those curses are generational, to the third and fourth generations, and are self perpetuating, until they are broken in the name and power of the LORD Jesus Christ.

There is no way that a curse can come upon any individual born in Adam unless God has permitted it for the reasons God states in His Word, for "the curse without cause does not come".

This biblical teaching at the link is about how to be released from the curse, and is specifically for those people who know, or suspect, that there is a curse upon their lives.

The teaching is biblical that Derek Prince is giving, and is for freedom for Believers who are held in bondage, without recognizing why they have issues.

Others, who do not belong to the LORD have curses upon their lives, too, but this is for Believers, who will receive deliverance based on the doctrines of the Gospel of Christ, as revealed and taught in His Word.

Examples of evil doings against my own birth family could fill a book; after my dad got involved in anti-Christ eastern religion and rejected Jesus Christ as LORD, there was no end to evil happenings in our family, and they still go on, but for us in the family, who have been redeemed and set free, the curses are ended and we are most blessed. Even the family members who are not yet Christians know that there is a difference between the non-believers lives and the believers lives, in the curses of the one and the blessings of the others. After these many years, it is plain to all, and the difference is the power of God in us, blessing us, and the power of darkness in the others, cursing them.

YSM, I don't know what you mean by curses, here. Nothing supernatural, I hope. The law of reaping and sowing comes into play in most families. This has nothing to do with African voodoo or something. If you had a kooky dad (I sure did) and he lost his mind in the war (who wouldn't) and he started questioning traditional Christianity and it's politics (I sure would and did) and he didn't have any access to info to lead him into some truth, I can see why he got into what he did. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did (I say these things because I remember you did a post about him early last year).

The confusion and darkness within the organized systems of the world (religious as well as political) is enough to make the strongest and most intelligent man crazy. War does terrible things to people. And to say that God is going to eternally torture the people that a "Christian" soldier may have killed..............

When will the madness end?

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/OriginandHistory.html

“I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. Some of these young men think that war is all glory but let me say war is all hell.”~~~~~William Tecumseh Sherman

Last edited by herefornow; 01-04-2011 at 08:59 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Comparisons of a cursed family and a blessed family through a couple centuries -and the good news that you can be the generation that stops the curse in your own line, through Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAB-221p70

Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
YSM, I don't know what you mean by curses, here. Nothing supernatural, I hope. ..
Well, yes, all curses and all blessings are "supernatural" in that the two invisible kingdoms, the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of Light are not seen with the eye, but the works of darkness and the works of Light are both made manifest in individuals lives and in nations, that stem from those two kingdoms. Nothing happens without a cause, either the blessing or the cursings, and God is sovereign.

About my dad, I have made his life a study of mine, all my Christian life, and one thing I have taken note of, of late, was that his "mental illness" was not of the order we see in so many people today [one of my brothers included], in that my dad never harmed anyone [he did come across the room when I, as a young child, screamed, and he did take me by the shoulders -at the neck- with his two hands, when he first went out of his mind and said "I am Adam, and this is the end of the world", causing me to scream, but he was not hurting me, just in a totally disconnected way trying to convince "me" that he was indeed "Adam" [Mom sent me away immediately], and my dad never yelled, used foul language, or tried to destroy anything of anyone's, nor did he slander others and make false accusations against them, nor was he suicidal, which is so totally opposite to the violent forms of mental illness that are rampant in today's godless society, causing people to murder, or be in the spirit of murder, and make hateful, threatening comments, and many take their own lives.
My one brother who is an unbeliever [but he is into many forms of eastern religions, also, and fancies himself a holy guru] who is a "papered" schizophrenic does violence to others properties and persons, and has set many fires and has tried to kill a sister who houses him, twice. He also slanders, curses, and rages on and on when the evil spirit is upon him. My dad never took illegal drugs, but this brother has taken illegal drugs, as so many have who have gone mental. He is proud and without any remorse nor does he think he needs the One True God, while he gets worse and worse, physically and mentally.

But for those who want help for themselves, this link is a worthy and helpful Bible study, on how to be set free from the curse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or