U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,338,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Has anyone ever wondered why in order for the "curse" to be effective, the intended victim has to know of it...
Actually, that is totally not true, as the biblical teaching that the Bible teacher, Derek Prince, shows, as you would see and hear if you would be so kind as to listen to the teaching or else not comment on something you have had no biblical instruction on. When it is revealed to a Believer that indeed the cause of the curse on their life is of the kingdom of darkness having power over an area in their life, and why and when and where it all began, then that one is then made aware of the power of the LORD to renounce all ties to anything that has brought that curse into the life, or family line, by the authority of the LORD Jesus Christ.

A root defined, a demon's dominion named, gives the Believer the power over that source at its roots to bind it in the name of Jesus and cast it away forever.
What kind of demons did Jesus cast out of believers?
some were spirits of infirmity. One was a bowed over woman of faith, who could not even look up, because Satan had bound her for 18 years. -Imagine! eighteen years bound by an evil spirit of infirmity that bent the poor woman over so much she could not look up! How wonderful that Jesus empowers His people to cast out evil spirits and set captives free -just like He did, so we can, if we believe His Gospel!
Quote:
[11] And behold there was a woman, who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years: and she was bowed together, neither could she look upwards at all.

[12] Whom when Jesus saw, he called her unto him, and said to her: Woman, thou art delivered from thy infirmity.
[13] And he laid his hands upon her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
[14] And the ruler of the synagogue (being angry that Jesus had healed on the sabbath) answering, said to the multitude: Six days there are wherein you ought to work. In them therefore come, and be healed; and not on the sabbath day.

[15] And the Lord answering him, said: Ye hypocrites, doth not every one of you, on the sabbath day, loose his ox or his ass from the manger, and lead them to water?
[16] And ought not this daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
[17] And when he said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the things that were gloriously done by him.
One was a very foul spirit that caused epileptic fits and deaf and dumbness.
Quote:
Mark
9:20 They brought him to him, and when he saw him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground, wallowing and foaming at the mouth.

9:21 He asked his father, "How long has it been since this has come to him?" He said, "From childhood.

9:22 Often it has cast him both into the fire and into the water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us, and help us."

9:23 Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."

9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out with tears, "I believe. Help my unbelief!"

9:25 When Jesus saw that a multitude came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to him, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him, and never enter him again!"

9:26 Having cried out, and convulsed greatly, it came out of him. The boy became like one dead; so much that most of them said, "He is dead."

9:27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and raised him up; and he arose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Could it have been his own mind? Once you start fighting your conscience, funny things start to happen. We are our own worse adversary (satan) sometimes.
We are not into changing the Word of God to suit our preconceived ideas which are in opposition to the Word. Saul had an evil spirit from the LORD troubling -terrifying him. That evil spirit was a "satan".

1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled/terrified him. 1Sa 16:23 And it came to pass, when the [evil] spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

1Sa 18:10 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and [there was] a javelin in Saul's hand.

1Sa 18:11 And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall [with it]. And David avoided out of his presence twice.
1Sa 18:12 And Saul was afraid of David, because the LORD was with him, and was departed from Saul.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 AM

[quote=herefornow;17264244]What about all those families out there who go to church, love God, and who still have ill babies who die, cancer in their families, drunk people running into them, etc.? Are they cursed?
Some of them are going through trials that will end, as with Job -and yes, they are caused by evil spirits, as with Job, by God's permission, only and for His purposes: [an example in recent times is the wonderful healing miracle of Delia Knox, in August of 2010. I will link three videos of her, one being healed after 22 years paralyzed in wheel chair, one worshiping the LORD with her praises, wearing stilettos, in the same Church, and one in the wheelchair, when she was younger, performing in music ministry.]

Some are definitely under a curse, which is why the teaching of men who are anointed to teach the Word and called to teach the Word, like Derek Prince, are needed for them to listen to, for "how can they hear unless one is sent to them"?

Do you know much about the guy who wrote, "It is Well With My Soul?
I know his story, but he is dead and we cannot help him. This is for the living to be helped.

Delia is healed, August of 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjM4...layer_embedded

Delia is filled with praises and wears stilettos while she sings His praises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1YxJ...eature=related.

Delia in music ministry, singing in wheelchair, when younger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njbj5...eature=related

Delia goes home to Buffalo NY,Oct 21 2010, and the media is there -and the Mayor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0F7v...eature=related

Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM

30,519 posts, read 20,216,862 times
So if Deuteronomy 28 is still effective, then most christians are still under a curse, because most christians i know are not receiving all the blessings promised for obedience, and if Deuteronomy 28 is still effective like you say,so you must be walking in disobedience and still under a curse.I encourage all who believe in blessings and cursings to read the list of blessings, if you lack anywhere in your life you are under a curse according to your own doctrine.

It's just another weapon in the arsenal of the ministry of condemnation and a means not only to frighten unbelievers but gullible christians too, who know no better.

We are no longer under a curse "Christ redeemed us from it",it's all in your mind if you believe you are under a curse, cast down that vain imagination and tell yourself you are no longer under the curse that you are being told you are under, because Christ as redeemed you from it.

Christianity as a lot to answer for, due to it's ministry of condemnation.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,613,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So if Deuteronomy 28 is still effective, then most christians are still under a curse, because most christians i know are not receiving all the blessings promised for obedience, and if Deuteronomy 28 is still effective like you say,so you must be walking in disobedience and still under a curse.I encourage all who believe in blessings and cursings to read the list of blessings, if you lack anywhere in your life you are under a curse according to your own doctrine.

It's just another weapon in the arsenal of the ministry of condemnation and a means not only to frighten unbelievers but gullible christians too, who know no better.

We are no longer under a curse "Christ redeemed us from it",it's all in your mind if you believe you are under a curse, cast down that vain imagination and tell yourself you are no longer under the curse that you are being told you are under, because Christ as redeemed you from it.

Christianity as a lot to answer for, due to it's ministry of condemnation.

You'd think people would have learned by now not to keep returning to the bondage that the Jewish laws put on everyone. There seems to be a tendency for a lot of 'Christians' to jump back and forth between the OT and the NT. It leads to no where good.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM

The Gospel is Good News of Freedom in, by, and because of the Cross of Christ, and many who are Christians in that they believe Jesus Christ is the Savior, have never met Him as their deliverer or healer.
Many Christians -and this thread is for Christians- labor under bonds of afflictions that Jesus came to set them free from, because there is a lack of teaching on the Word of God in the Churches.
Derek Prince is a called, anointed teacher, a ministry in the Church which is a gift of the Holy Spirit to the Church.
If you or someone you know are cursed with generational health issues, generational poverty issues of insufficiency to meet daily needs, generational mental issues in the family, barreness, women's issues, addictions, early death issues, or any such things, even if you are first generation with them, then you will benefit by the teaching of the biblical teacher, Derek Prince, and you will understand how to have victory and to cast out the demons that torment you or your family, in the name of, and by the work of Christ on the cross.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So if Deuteronomy 28 is still effective,
Are you a Christian" -I do not know and I ask in sincere wanting to know.
If you are, then will you please listen to the teaching itself that I linked, before making comments that are disconnected to the teaching itself, or else not comment if you will not read or hear the linked subject matter, as your comments are made in ignorance of the teaching from the Word as it is delivered by the teacher of that Word, and I will not argue with your ignorance on the subject, here, because you would not be ignorant if you would listen -or read the script of the lessons provided on the links- and why should I piecemeal it from the teaching, for your benefit, when you are not willing to read it or listen to it, but interject your opinions, in ignorance of the subject?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM

30,519 posts, read 20,216,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Are you a Christian" -I do not know and I ask in sincere wanting to know.
If you are, then will you please listen to the teaching itself that I linked, before making comments that are disconnected to the teaching itself, or else not comment if you will not read or hear the linked subject matter, as your comments are made in ignorance of the teaching from the Word as it is delivered by the teacher of that Word, and I will not argue with your ignorance on the subject, here, because you would not be ignorant if you would listen -or read the script of the lessons provided on the links- and why should I piecemeal it from the teaching, for your benefit, when you are not willing to read it or listen to it, but interject your opinions, in ignorance of the subject?
I read the book years ago.Are you receiving all the blessings of Deuteronomy 28 ?. If you are not, according to your own doctrine you are in disobedience and cursed.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,596,697 times
Hi Yeshuasavedme. Good post. I'm not going to get too deep into this discussion but this can be a VERY helpfull thread for people. Did anyone mention fasting? Because Yahushua said that some won't come out without fasting and prayer. This subject is one of the most critical subjects for modern day Christians, no doubt. But, without fasting and prayer, sometimes nothing can be done about it... as Christ said. If your a Christian and you want to "clean house" you may need to fast. I would think one example of an unclean spirit that needs to be pushed out with fasting is the spirit of fornication. In this day an age it does a person good to fast and pray about this on a regular basis.

www.myspace.com/yumpac

Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Hi Yeshuasavedme. Good post. I'm not going to get too deep into this discussion but this can be a VERY helpfull thread for people. Did anyone mention fasting? Because Yahushua said that some won't come out without fasting and prayer. This subject is one of the most critical subjects for modern day Christians, no doubt. But, without fasting and prayer, sometimes nothing can be done about it... as Christ said. If your a Christian and you want to "clean house" you may need to fast. I would think one example of an unclean spirit that needs to be pushed out with fasting is the spirit of fornication. In this day an age it does a person good to fast and pray about this on a regular basis.

www.myspace.com/yumpac
Yes.
My daughter was addicted to nicotine for almost ten years after she was returned to Christ after being away for about twelve years. She was praying for deliverance before she turned forty years of age, and she had cried out and fasted. She hated it, and she did not want to smoke, nor did her husband, and they made many dates for "quitting", and all to no avail, until she put herself on a prayer list for it at a Church across the world that we watch on internet, who has the power and the anointing to set the captives free; and she was gloriously delivered last June 20th [or 21st], by a vision she had while awake, but in the middle of the night. Almost ten years after she had returned to the LORD.
Her husband is not a Christian, and he also let her pray for him after that, for deliverance, and he was delivered, too. He is 62 years old, and has smoked since he was a young teenager. He is also now actually mad that he let her pray for him and was delivered, because he said "I was going to do it myself" -HA! He does not yet honor the LORD, but we pray for him.
Let me say that my daughter and her husband both wanted to be free, and had tried to be free for years, and they were never successful.

Now, take it or leave it, as you will, anyone, but I believe that I had a part in her own bondage, myself, by not keeping a vow I had made to the LORD. The LORD had delivered me from cigarettes over a year and a half before He saved my soul, when I earnestly sought him for it after trying to quit, a second time, myself, and I had got up to four packs a day trying to stop, and had read a book about the life of Lillian Thrasher [which I had bought for a nickel a book sale at Goodwill, and being an avid reader, I bought a whole dollar's worth by titles that sounded interesting], "Lady On a Donkey", which was one of my choices, and it turned out to be about a committed Christian and her call to Egypt and her orphanage, established through God's direction, in Assiout. At the time of the printing of that book, she had over 8,000 children that had come through that orphanage, which cared for them totally, cradle to adulthood, and schooled and sent them out with jobs or marriage, fully equipped to take their place in society.
I was a backslidden [on purpose] Christian, and I was convicted of all the money I spent on cigarettes [a whole quarter a pack, back then!], and I prayed to God right then, after finishing that book, that if He would deliver me from that habit that I would save and send all that money to something like that.
Well, immediately I felt the presence of the LORD and I threw the last pack into the trash, and never, ever, desired another cigarette again, and that was 43 years ago next May. I was not saved until 18 months later, by a miracle, and I had not saved up after just a couple of weeks, and I owed by vow to the LORD. When I picked up a Bible and began to read, the very first instruction from the Word God gave me was "to pay my vow".
Ecc 5:4 When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for [he hath] no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
Better [is it] that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
Ecc 5:6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it [was] an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
I have had an interesting life trying to make sure to pay my vow, but I will say that I had slacked off on directly making the point of that vow paid, which I am under. Not that we did not tithe, and give offerings above that, but to specifically, for me, to always make the point of paying that vow, I had slacked off on over time, and I had children take up smoking, themselves, long after they left home.
At some point after I was making my point to "pay that vow", with interest [and I include for inflation, because I owe my life to the LORD for delivering me and keeping me alive for these many decades], I thought about my kids that wanted to stop smoking, and who were professing Believers, after having gone their own ways for a time [as I had, as a young person], and I thought that there was a connection to their own bondages and my lapse in vow paying, before, and I prayed appropriately about that, and through the series of happenings, they are free. I do believe they were cursed because of my own lapse.
They are now free, and I am a joyful dispenser of my vow money, and bless many in the name of the LORD by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or