U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 AM

30,170 posts, read 19,964,744 times

Advertisements

You are taking 2 Tim 3 :16 completely out of context to support your belief of the teaching of Derek Prince's "Blessings and Curses".

I could use the same verse and justify stoning someone to death, using your understanding and application of 2 Tim 3 :16. So because all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works,does this make stoning someone to death right under the New Covenant ?.

I can guarantee you, that everything thing what you struggle with, stumble over, every fear you have, every lack you have and any hang up you have, is because you have brought yourself under the ministry of blessing and curses, you are reaping what you believe.Not only that, you are also guilty of bringing all you teach this doctrine to who receive it, under the same curses you have brought on yourself.The world is blessed not cursed.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree

He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Galatians 3:13-14

So we see from this verse, 2 wonderful truths, we are redeemed from the curse of the law, so that the blessing might come upon us. In otherwords there is no more curse.

So do you see when you believe you someone is cursed, you are thinking and believing the opposite to what scripture is teaching.

WE ARE ALL BLESSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he

Last edited by pcamps; 01-06-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM

957 posts, read 715,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are taking 2 Tim 3 :16 completely out of context to support your belief of the teaching of Derek Prince's "Blessings and Curses".

I could use the same verse and justify stoning someone to death, using your understanding and application of 2 Tim 3 :16. So because all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works,does this make stoning someone to death right under the New Covenant.

I can guarantee you, that everything thing what you struggle with, stumble over, every fear you have, every lack you have and any hang up you have, is because you have brought yourself under the ministry of blessing and curses, you are reaping what you believe.Not only that, you are also guilty of bringing all you teach this doctrine to who receive it, under the same curses you have brought on yourself.The world is blessed not cursed.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree

He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Galatians 3:13-14

So we see from this verse, 2 wonderful truths, we are redeemed from the curse of the law, so that the blessing might come upon us. In otherwords there is no more curse.

So do you see when you believe you someone is cursed, you thinking and believing the opposite to what scripture is teaching.

WE ARE ALL BLESSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he
So much wisdom on this forum...proof enough above.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,304,236 times
Quote:

That is the opening verse of the teaching I posted. Better look into it before answering what you have not heard, which, according to Proverbs, is the sign of a fool, and I am sure you do not want to be thought a fool, so hear before answering.

The curse of death is the curse of the Law.
What kind of death? -separation from God, which death of separation was tasted by Jesus Christ, for us, when on the cross He had laid on His soul the iniquities of us all, and the Father hid from Him.
Therefore: He said; "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"
He was alive in body when He tasted our death, and when He departed His body of flesh, and took our sins and iniquities that He bore, to Sheol, and dumped them on Azazel, to whom all sin was to be ascribed/given, in the 70th generation from Noah [as is written in the Book of Enoch], He made an end of sin, and ended the first death for whosoever will.

Can a soul be cleansed from their sins and be in flesh that is cursed/dead? -Of course! That is the state of the Adam flesh which we wear, who are alive in regeneration of Spirit, and is why we subject the Adam flesh to water baptism in obedience to Jesus, if we go on living in it after we receive the Gospel and repent of our sins; and we subject that flesh to water baptism in faith of its rising in the resurrection of Christ, at the appointed Day, as part of the harvest that comes after the first of Firstfruits harvest is received, in the Oracles -the Law. Christ the Firstfruts is risen in body [and He collected a measure of saints to resurrect in body with Him, at His rising, who ascended with Him according to the Law of First of Firstfruits fullfillment], and afterwards, they that are Christ's at His coming will rise in regenerated bodies.

Meantime, we wear a dead body, which is dead because of the curse of sin, still, as Paul states.

But your whole issue that I answered is not what this OP is about. THis is about release form the curse, specific curses that keep Believers in bondages while they walk the earth in the flesh, even though they have believed that Jesus Christ is the Savior of their soul, they yet suffer addictions which they hate, or have curses specific to their family lines afflicting them, or many other such things, which are addressed in the teaching, along with the biblical instructions to apply to our lives for freedom from the curses upon our lives.

You who argue argue against the biblical teaching for how to be free in Jesus, from curses, and there is no way that you argue from the Light of the Word, for Jesus delivered many Believers from demons and satans, as any reading of the NT shows.
The woman bound 18 years from a spirit of infirmity, who could not even lift her head to look up, was a daughter of faith, a daughter of Abraham.
But in the Church that so many of you who argue seem to be in, you would rather let the poor woman suffer, rather than taking Jesus at His Word, and setting the captive woman free from the evil spirit that had her bound for eighteen years.

Look around you, and see the need for deliverance from such as Jesus delivered from. What do you do for the bound? -Tell them they are not going to get deliverance in Christ from their bonds? Shame on you!

Derek Prince has a message from the Word for them, and if you will not go in, watch out that you not be guilty for stopping others from going in, and receiving deliverance from the chains of bondage that binds them.

Jesus commissions His Church to cast out demons, and loose the bonds of the captives. That is one ministry of the Church, and one does not do that for unbelievers, for it does no good, but for Believers.
there is no specific formula that works like a "charm", but God delivers souls that seek Him -but some do not know they can be free. This is for them.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 AM

Default God Has Blessed the World

YSM remember i have told you i have read the book.Many of us who believed it, have moved on from it realizing it is not the truth.

He became a curse for us, not will be,maybe or potenially be a curse for us.There is no more curse, you might see with your natural and think there is, but i side with God who is a faith God who "calls the things that are not as though they were".

I have not read anything so foolish on this thread as trying to justify the teaching of "Blessings and Curses" by quoting 2 Tim 3 verse 16.

The only deliverance needed, is in the mind of the christian who believes the teaching of "Blessing and Curses".

As a man thinks in his heart,so is he. You keep believing and telling folk they need deliverance from curses, i will continue to tell them they are blessed because they have been delivered from the curse.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM

[quote=pcamps;17286398]YSM remember i have told you i have read the book.Many of us who believed it, have moved on from it realizing it is not the truth.
What book? I gave no book link on this matter.
I gave a video and an audio link to Seminars that were taught by Derek Prince on the subject of "Release From the Curse", and "War on Earth", which is the "Casting Down Strongholds" teaching.

He became a curse for us, not will be,maybe or potenially be a curse for us.There is no more curse,

Really, you need Bible lessons. The curse of the first death of separation from the Glory of the Father is ended by the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, for whosoever will, and whoever is born again in Christ has the Law and the Testimony sealed in them, for it comes with the regeneration into the One New Man living Spirit, which is Christ.
That seal of the Law and the Testimony within, by regeneration into the New Man, makes one passed from being under the curse of the Law of sin and death, to the authority of a son of God, in full communion with the Father, through the Son, from which Father we have been separated since the fall of our first father, in his death; and we who are passed from death unto Life are alive in the New Man name, with the "Law" written on our New Man hearts of flesh.
Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

After Jesus made an end of sin, meaning the remembrance of sin before the Throne above -which kept the seed born in the Adam race out of heaven and out of communion with the Father, in His Glory- He sent His Church into the world, empowered to preach the Gospel of Peace with the Father, to heal the sick and to cast out devils.

Who are the devils cast out of? Believers, like the NT records

Who gets healings? Believers, like the NT records.
-or not, if they are under the curse of unbelieving companions in dead, lifeless Churches, without the Candle of the LORD, which churches would not allow the LORD to do mighty works in their midst, because of their unbelief.

The NT record and Church history in this age of the Church -after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven and established the Church on earth- proves that the command to heal the sick and to cast out devils is equally valid to be done with the preaching of the Gospel of Peace, in fact: it is a sin to preach a Jesus who does not heal the sick nor cast out demons, by His power, in His name, through His Church.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 PM

I have read the book blessings and curses by Derek Prince, so i know exactly where you are coming from.In otherwords i have heard it all before , that i don't need to read through all your post parroting what he teaches. This is what i meant that "I have read the book".

This teaching like many other teachings in the church,encourages the believer to take their eyes of what matters and onto all things external, resulting in chasing after every wind of doctrine, that is out there.All you end up with is a belief, with no substance.

Do you realize that you are under a curse yourself if you are not receiving all the blessings noted in Dueteronomy 28, according to the teaching you believe in ?. The only way to blessed under the Old Covenant was by the following....................

If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: Deuteronomy 28:1-2.

You need to be tuned into the New Covenant, the Old Covenant is obsolete.

By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.Hebrews 8:13

Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM

17,690 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
That is the opening verse of the teaching I posted. Better look into it before answering what you have not heard, which, according to Proverbs, is the sign of a fool, and I am sure you do not want to be thought a fool, so hear before answering.

The curse of death is the curse of the Law.

What kind of death? -separation from God, which death of separation was tasted by Jesus Christ, for us, when on the cross He had laid on His soul the iniquities of us all, and the Father hid from Him.

Therefore: He said; "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

He was alive in body when He tasted our death, and when He departed His body of flesh, and took our sins and iniquities that He bore, to Sheol, and dumped them on Azazel, to whom all sin was to be ascribed/given, in the 70th generation from Noah [as is written in the Book of Enoch], He made an end of sin, and ended the first death for whosoever will.
The bottom line is that Jesus could not have been saying that the SPIRIT had rejected or abandoned Him. That would only surmount to a complete lack of faith within the OT prophesies, promises, and that of the faithful witness himself. We are meant to find encouragement when our own time comes to be confronted with the reality of what it means to walk through the valley of the shadow of our own fears and death. Although it may damage the religious views of many, the penal substitution theory is a fallacy. He did not carry our sin, but endured the inequities and injustices derived from within the hearts and laws of men themselves – a tedious repetition within the worldly churches, past and present.

"Death is grasping at the shadow of your fears, not living life within the Spirit of truth."

Separation exists only within the minds of men.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The bottom line is that Jesus could not have been saying that the SPIRIT had rejected or abandoned Him. That would only surmount to a complete lack of faith within the OT prophesies, promises, and that of the faithful witness himself.

This thread is being hijacked, but I do want to reply to your post, before asking that the thread can after this stay on track.

The first death is separation from the Father of Glory, which meant death as a son of God of the human being kind, to our race, and that is why we wear clothes, to cover the shame of our nakedness, which is that loss, and separation, from the Glory. We are dead in spirit, not alive, in Adam, and we are not sons of God in Adam since the fall, and the redemption was to cleanse our souls, make an end of sin and death in us who believe, and unite us with the Father of Glory through the Son, by being adopted into the New Man Living Spirit and Name, to be sons of God in that New Man name.

When Jesus hung on the Cross, He tasted our death of separation from the Father of Glory, when the Father, who could not look upon sin, turned from Him, when He became sin for us.
Therefore: He cried; "My God, My God! Why Hast Thou forsaken Me"?
then He committed His Spirit to the Father -Christ is that Spirit- and His soul left His body, dying of a broken heart, and bearing those sins and iniquities of the entire human race of Adam upon His soul, and bearing them away, to give/ascribe them to Azazel, who was chained in Sheol.
He died our death of separation, which is the first death, and that death is ended, for whosoever will, because He left our sins in Sheol, on Azazel, and rose again, and gives us the adoption into His Living Spirit, so that we can be sons of God in His New Man name, and joined to His New Man race of human being sons of God of the human being kind, and bear the Glory which Adam, the first man and our first father, had, and lost.
Yes, the Father turned from Him, just as the Father had turned from Adam. He tasted our death of separation on the cross, when He became sin for us.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I

Do you realize that you are under a curse yourself if you are not receiving all the blessings noted in Dueteronomy 28, according to the teaching you believe in ?.
You have not listened to the teaching of Derek that I posted the link to, nor have you read my response to your nonsense that I already posted.
Here is what I said:
Quote:
Really, you need Bible lessons. The curse of the first death of separation from the Glory of the Father is ended by the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, for whosoever will, and whoever is born again in Christ has the Law and the Testimony sealed in them, for it comes with the regeneration into the One New Man living Spirit, which is Christ.
That seal of the Law and the Testimony within, by regeneration into the New Man, makes one passed from being under the curse of the Law of sin and death, to the authority of a son of God, in full communion with the Father, through the Son, from which Father we have been separated since the fall of our first father, in his death; and we who are passed from death unto Life are alive in the New Man name, with the "Law" written on our New Man hearts of flesh.
Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

After Jesus made an end of sin, meaning the remembrance of sin before the Throne above -which kept the seed born in the Adam race out of heaven and out of communion with the Father, in His Glory- He sent His Church into the world, empowered to preach the Gospel of Peace with the Father, to heal the sick and to cast out devils.

Who are the devils cast out of? Believers, like the NT records

Who gets healings? Believers, like the NT records.
-or not, if they are under the curse of unbelieving companions in dead, lifeless Churches, without the Candle of the LORD, which churches would not allow the LORD to do mighty works in their midst, because of their unbelief.

The NT record and Church history in this age of the Church -after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven and established the Church on earth- proves that the command to heal the sick and to cast out devils is equally valid to be done with the preaching of the Gospel of Peace, in fact: it is a sin to preach a Jesus who does not heal the sick nor cast out demons, by His power, in His name, through His Church.
Today 11:50 AM

Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You have not listened to the teaching of Derek that I posted the link to, nor have you read my response to your nonsense that I already posted.
Here is what I said:
Actually i read more of that post of yours more than any other post of yours on this thread.It's just churchianity rhetoric.

By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Do you understand what this verse is telling us ?

Bible lessons ?

The world was cursed under the first Adam, the world of the last Adam, has been redeemed from the curse by him becoming a curse for it, resulting in the world being blessed.

Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.” Acts 3 :25-26.

The curse has been reversed.

The teaching of blessing and curses is a ministry of death.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-06-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or