U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2011, 10:58 AM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,309,966 times
Reputation: 208

Advertisements

This is for Christians.

There is a sad lack of teaching in mainstream western professing Christian Churches on how to be released from curses or even to recognize that they are cursed with curses. There is much in the Word of God for our instruction on the matter, and as the Proverb says; "the curse causeless does not come": they have a cause -and a cure, through Jesus Christ, who came to destroy the works of the devil and break the yoke of bondage over the captives.

There is a man who had a tremendous impact in the west for many decades, dealing with the matter of "demonized Christians" and teaching from the Word of God on how to be free, and how to keep free, in many different denominational and in non-denominational Christian Churches. He is dead now for some years, but the ministry goes on, and you can listen to his biblical teaching on many places, for free, online. His name is Derek Prince, and his UK website has his teaching online for free.
Derek Prince Ministries : Release from the Curse Study

You can also listen and watch his biblical teaching on youtube posted by different people at different times -here is one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLel8Exdcug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,571,809 times
Reputation: 843
I met this guy as a teen back in the 70's. He was doing a mass congregational exorcism and people were spitting into kleenex and such.

My mom was hoping that my demons would get kicked out, but I had to kick them out later in life.

I had a drummer in the studio back in the 80's and he said was in such a service with Mr. Prince as well (being hired to play drums), and mocking, until there was an involuntary response to what Derek was saying. Now he is a believer.

Personally, I believe it it power of suggestion - a form of hypnotic mind control and conditioning but for many, it works well and that's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,384,001 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I met this guy as a teen back in the 70's. He was doing a mass congregational exorcism and people were spitting into kleenex and such.

My mom was hoping that my demons would get kicked out, but I had to kick them out later in life.

I had a drummer in the studio back in the 80's and he said was in such a service with Mr. Prince as well (being hired to play drums), and mocking, until there was an involuntary response to what Derek was saying. Now he is a believer.

Personally, I believe it it power of suggestion - a form of hypnotic mind control and conditioning but for many, it works well and that's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
 
7,869 posts, read 6,677,880 times
Reputation: 1372
The holder of curses are the fallen angels that the Lord kicked out of Heaven with the devil, which there Word of God calls them spiritual wickedness in the high places, and when the curse may be strong then the prayers to the Lord will be stalled and Believer will have to repent of any sin that the Lord knows and Pray the blood of Jesus over these fallen angels who hold these curses,,,,,, a curse may be the sickness of cancer, and you will have to brake this curse......Pray Father I loose the spiritual wickedness of the High places in Jesus name, I bind this wickedness in the high places in Jesus name and take their power away and caste them down in Jesus name ..... Believers will need to repent and pray to keep these spirits from coming back ...... Other curses may be divorce, unforgiveness, or strife, pride, sickness, rebellion, occult intrigues, and many others sin and iniquities that the Lord Jesus has no authority of in the spirit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,309,966 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The holder of curses are the fallen angels that the Lord kicked out of Heaven with the devil, which there Word of God calls them spiritual wickedness in the high places, and when the curse may be strong then the prayers to the Lord will be stalled and Believer will have to repent of any sin that the Lord knows and Pray the blood of Jesus over these fallen angels who hold these curses,,,,,, a curse may be the sickness of cancer, and you will have to brake this curse......Pray Father I loose the spiritual wickedness of the High places in Jesus name, I bind this wickedness in the high places in Jesus name and take their power away and caste them down in Jesus name ..... Believers will need to repent and pray to keep these spirits from coming back ...... Other curses may be divorce, unforgiveness, or strife, pride, sickness, rebellion, occult intrigues, and many others sin and iniquities that the Lord Jesus has no authority of in the spirit.....
If you listen to Prince's biblical teaching, then you will realize that no curse can come upon anyone because of the will of the satans or demons, but rather, because of actions done against God the Creator and His Word. The Curses are generational in some wicked actions, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Him, and in nations where there is no repentance by the many, because of the darkness of idolatry, then the curse is perpetual, generation after generation, until it is broken by the power and blood of Jesus Christ, in His name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,384,001 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
If you listen to Prince's biblical teaching, then you will realize that no curse can come upon anyone because of the will of the satans or demons, but rather, because of actions done against God the Creator and His Word. The Curses are generational in some wicked actions, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Him, and in nations where there is no repentance by the many, because of the darkness of idolatry, then the curse is perpetual, generation after generation, until it is broken by the power and blood of Jesus Christ, in His name.






Ezek 18:19-20 “"Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.” NIV

John 8:36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

The consequences of our parent's actions will affect the children, but God is not cursing anybody, here. It's simple sowing and reaping.

Last edited by herefornow; 01-03-2011 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,309,966 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post




Ezek 18:19-20 “"Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.” NIV

John 8:36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

The consequences of our parent's actions will affect the children, but God is not cursing anybody, here. It's simple sowing and reaping.
The soul that sins, dies the eternal death of separation from God, but the son does not die the eternal death of the father, as the Atonement is for individual souls, one at a time, to be free of the curse of Adam's fall, and from the curse of their own sins.

Now about the generational curses: God is the one who curses those who hate Him, even to the third and forth generation, and that is self perpetuating by each generation for those after him, who set up idols and do any of the things God says will bring His curse on anyone and on their posterity.

A Curse was sent on King Saul when he did not obey the Word of the LORD and did acts of self will, in rebellion. The Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him, for the rest of his life, until his suicide. He became paranoid schizophrenic after the Spirit of the LORD departed from him, and whenever he was flipped out, he tried to kill David, and then, like a bi-polar person, he denied that he had any evil intent against David.

The curse of the evil spirit troubling Saul was sent by YHWH, upon Saul, and indeed the curse causeless does not come, as Solomon wrote.
But all this is covered by Mr Prince, in the biblical lesson I linked to, for those who want to know how to be free and how they came under a curse in the first place, and how to remain free and be blessed.
This is about Christians being set free from curses, from generational curses or curses they brought upon their own house.
Generational curses are seen in the things like diabetes, cancers, heart problems, alcoholism, and so many other issues that people are in bondages to and can be set free from. Derek Prince tells how to be set free, and why and how one comes to be cursed in the first place.
The study is best to be gone through from the beginning, but the cause of curses is listed in the second half of the study, and
God Himself does send curses, as we read in the Word, upon those who do these things,
Disobedience
Treachery
Injustice to the Weak or Helpless
Illicit or Unnatural Sex
Anti-Semitism
Trust in Man

And we read in Zechariah that the curse is written on a scroll that enters the house of those who perjure or steal. The curse devours the house of the one who does those things.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 01-03-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,309,966 times
Reputation: 208
About Generational curses: Judas brought himself and his family under the curses in Psalm 109 and 69, for Peter applied both these to Judas, in Acts 1; and you can "take it to the bank "on having been fulfilled in Judas' children's lives, besides also in the lives of the others who were responsible for the betrayal of the LORD, who did it with will, knowing who He was -the rulers in Israel who had Him put to death were willful, and knew what they did, and did not come under the blessing of forgiveness of those who had to do the actual deed, but did not know what they did.


The Curse of the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of David, applied specifically to Judas, by Peter:

Psa 109:6 Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
Psa 109:7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
Psa 109:8 Let his days be few; [and] let another take his office.
Psa 109:9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
Psa 109:10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek [their bread] also out of their desolate places.
Psa 109:11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
Psa 109:12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
Psa 109:13 Let his posterity be cut off; [and] in the generation following let their name be blotted out. Psa 109:14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
Psa 109:15 Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth. Psa 109:16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
Psa 109:17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
Psa 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
Psa 109:19 Let it be unto him as the garment [which] covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2011, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,384,001 times
Reputation: 437
It is a scientific fact: We inherit crud from our parents. This is also a fact: We influence our children. Another fact: Governments can corrupt their citizens through bad governing and oppression. Sowing and reaping. Simple stuff. There are no generational curses. There is no evil eye. You can't curse others. God is in control. When we allow others to control us through fear, mind control, threats, etc. many things can happen, but is has nothing to do with the "dark side."



Deuteronomy 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. 2

Kings 14:6 But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Jeremiah 31:29-30 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity.

Ezekiel18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,309,966 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
There are no generational curses.
Since you obviously do not believe the teaching of the Word in this matter, and you really have no intention of reading or listening to the biblical teaching of Derek Prince in this matter, and have no idea how this Teacher of the Word teaches on the subject from the Word, then perhaps you can leave the discussion, as it is really for those Christian Believers who need and who want help to overcome bondages in their lives.
There is a list of the blessings and curses God sends for the obedient and for the disobedient, in Deuteronomy 28.
Forms of blessings: Deut 28
http://www.dpmuk.org/Media/Player.as...13618&file_id=


Quote:
...There’s only one expert in this field and his name is not Derek Prince. It’s the Holy Spirit. He’s the one who has to show you personally. I can preach the general truth but you have to get the specific application from the Holy Spirit.
Forms of curses: Deut 28
http://www.dpmuk.org/Media/Player.as...13619&file_id=

...examples of people released from Curses

A Cursed Family

http://www.dpmuk.org/Media/Player.as...13617&file_id=

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-04-2011 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: red is reserved for moderation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top