U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,881 times

Advertisements

you could drive yourself crazy thinking it's a certain date and then sit around all day listening for a trumpet or some other event that might set it off...shaking might be just a small quake,or a truck down the rd ,etc.that's no way to live.that's why Jesus said no man knows the day or hour and it will be like a theif in the night.i take it this is a QUIET event...no eq's...etc.no splitting the ground.just a rude awakening to missing ppl. (if you believe in the rapture).no car wrecks,nor plane crashes,nor anything else...Jesus wasn't destructor Jesus when He came the first time,why would He be one now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM

17,720 posts, read 8,875,130 times
Itís nothing less than that which a person or many believe as truth, either predicated on their own interpretation or that of others concerning the Rapture (the Trinity, the Anti-Christ or Satan, his devils and demons, Hell, and the fallen Angels). Manís doctrines and their impact on humanity have been enduring and pervasive, especially, when based on the traditions of men. Either, everyone will be born again in Spirit upon their death, or no one will be: "Youíre only passing through this physical life, but once."

Speaking the truth in love.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:31 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh believe me I know!! What is really troublesome is that half of the scoffers are supposed Christians!! I didn't truly realize what Jesus was talking about when he was talking about lukewarn christians in the last days. Being on this forum for more about 2 years now I totally know now!! Most of the Christians on this forum are universalist or apart of some other freak cult doctrine. It's rare that I meet Christians of true faith. I was just talking yesterday to some strange man that said he is only a Christian because he believes in the UR doctrine!! What kind of Christian are you?? I've decided I don't care anymore.
Nope, I'd say that about 90% are christians.

Here in the bible belt, local news has been all over this, and all the preachers, pastors, and normal people they have interview all scoff at the fear tactics of this fringe group.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Quote:
See, that's the problem. You don't have decades left. None of us do. Do you see the state of the world? You have to be blind not to think the return of the Lord isn't near. And just because I am awaiting the rapture of the church, doesn't mean that I have no plans for college or any other thing. I don't think the Lord wants me to stop doing things in life just because of that. But the fact is, I don't think I will get to. But it's all good. I bet there's tons of colleges in Heaven and all of my dreams to accomplish there.
I guess I'm blind then, I'm just not stupid

Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Oh believe me I know!! What is really troublesome is that half of the scoffers are supposed Christians!! I didn't truly realize what Jesus was talking about when he was talking about lukewarn Christians in the last days. Being on this forum for more about 2 years now I totally know now!! Most of the Christians on this forum are Universalist or apart of some other freak cult doctrine. It's rare that I meet Christians of true faith. I was just talking yesterday to some strange man that said he is only a Christian because he believes in the UR doctrine!! What kind of Christian are you?? I've decided I don't care anymore.
"Youíre either dead or alive, thereís nothing in between."

Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,680,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Youíre either dead or alive, thereís nothing in between."
"And nothing after"

Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
"And nothing after"
But there is always HOPE.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But there is always HOPE.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 AM

7,535 posts, read 4,025,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I believe the Kingdom is within, that there's no "rapture" for those who were put here to be tabernacles and "endure until the end", and that judgment is a part of our daily lives.

Ye?

May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day!; October 21, 2011 - The End of the World
When is it exactly that Satan is to be let loose for his thousand year reign, then picked back up and thrown back into his bottomless pit? By these calculations he's been in power since 1011.

PS: Given to our growing confusion in the world today among our societies, there could be some merit to that.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 AM

26,262 posts, read 13,925,706 times
Quote:
See, that's the problem. You don't have decades left. None of us do. Do you see the state of the world? You have to be blind not to think the return of the Lord isn't near. And just because I am awaiting the rapture of the church, doesn't mean that I have no plans for college or any other thing. I don't think the Lord wants me to stop doing things in life just because of that. But the fact is, I don't think I will get to. But it's all good. I bet there's tons of colleges in Heaven and all of my dreams to accomplish there.
Do you know how many books have been written in the past 2000 years regarding the rapture to come in their time and it did not?...Christ did not even know for He said it was in the Fathers keeping...are we greater than the father?...Live as you know you ought and let the rapture take care of itself....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or